meta_male

Am I too weak for life?

31 posts in this topic

It will pass.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Posted (edited)

@meta_male when i was really fucked i spent like 8 hours in bed just observing the present moment  and figuring out from where watcher watches, that was my style of meditation, it worked well for me since like you said normal meditation is ruined because of too much distraction from all the turmoil,its like little knifes of anxiety constantly in your stomach  from every thought present,mybe you can relate...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

On 05/04/2024 at 10:16 AM, meta_male said:

After severe episodes of panic attacks I am now suicidal, last weekend I went to the forest with my gun, but couldn't pull through. The past decade have been a big struggle, only to barely stay alive. There's no hope of life ever getting better. I have no family to turn to. I need help but don't know how to get it, I feel paralyzed but can barely acces my brain.

That doesn't warrant being weak. 

Sufferig is part of life. That's normalcy and not weakness. 

Look at reality, and accept it.  You went into the forest with a gun, intent on ending your life, and you came back alive.  You had the chance to die, and you lived.  That's not weakness.  It's not because you were too cowardly to go through with it.  That happened because you want to live.  That is reality.  You say that your connections all fall apart, but here you are building connections.  You're trying to live, and not just survive, but truly get something out of life.

From what I understand, you know you've been messed up a lot by the cult and your parents, and the truth is, you might be the only person who is fully there for you right now.  Healthy people form healthy relationships with other healthy people.  They don't look for messed up people unless it's their job or calling, and even then they might draw a line, because messed up people don't know how to maintain healthy boundaries, and because while it's easy to get dragged down, it's really hard to drag someone up.

But you're still alive, and you know you chose that.  Your parents or the cult, or whatever voices you've internalized in response to them, might call you weak and cowardly and foolish.  It's the voices of troublemakers, people telling you that you are here in your very own body and mind on sufferance, and you only might just barely be good enough if you get whipped into shape.  But you better watch out, because everything you have, you've been given by an unscrupulous lender who doesn't have set interest rates, but rather demands anything and everything you have to give while asserting that it's not enough and never will be, because you're no good right now and better work hard if you ever want to be any good.

The reality is, though, that you are fully welcome to your body and mind, for free, forever.  Which isn't to say it won't break down or fail at some point, but until it does, it's gratefully yours.  Any voice that tells you different is a troublemaker trying to stir something up.  It's a matter of perspective where you can freely choose;  parasite, or guest;  unfinished, or whole;  intruder, or inner circle.

Truth is, no matter how hard you work, no matter how great your achievements, no matter how much you surpass your origins, you will never love yourself until you choose to love yourself, and when you make that choice, it will have nothing to do with your work or achievements or what you've surpassed.  It will be without condition or possibility of condition.

People who don't belong are troublemakers;  people who do belong are peace-makers.  If you say to yourself, "I'm good," the voice that tells you why you're not is a troublemaker.  It is not your friend, and it is not your salvation.  No matter how smart it is, no matter how right it is, it's a troublemaker.  It's not evil, it doesn't need to be killed, it just needs to be sent to the corner with a dunce cap.  Anything it says that's smart or right may need to be acknowledged, but it still needs to go to the corner afterward.

Even the you right now can practice this.  You don't need to have or know anything else in order to love yourself, other than that it's a choice.  Anyone who tells you it's a stupid choice is a troublemaker.

Hmm, didn't see anyone recommending something that could actually help.

Don't expect it to be easy because life is not, but if you want to have hope in life and improve your mental health - figure out who you are (existentialy), what life is (metaphysically), and how to reach enlightenment.

Because you are not doing that of course you are depressed; you are wasting your life stuck in the matrix, and the matrix is evil. Everyone is depressed to varying degrees, you are probably simply more deeply in touch with it. Life is suffering, but there is a way out.

Suicide doesn't help, because you die, stay a bit on the other side and reincarnate into the same shithole again.

What works is spiritual practices. Everything else is playing around with shadows until you die and repeat.

I'm not treating you with kiddy gloves here, so hopefully you are mature enough for it. 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

"The way that we teach Love is not through words and not through behaviors. The way we teach it is through the quietness in our mind." -Ken Wapnick

Depending on the situation, surviving can be an act of courage or cowardice. In your case it seems that it is an act of great courage. Be brave and give it a shot, time itself may get you out of the darkness.

I really hope you’ll be fine.

Hold on :)

Hi everyone. Little update: I'm feeling a bit better, being off work was definitely overdue. I also saw a psychiatrist today, these pieces of shit really are ridiculous, nothing to be gained or learned there, I'm getting out of this therapy asap and sticking to IFS.

On 4/23/2024 at 7:43 AM, CoolDreamThanks said:

What works is spiritual practices.

This is the trap, even though not really because there are really no traps only for the one that thinks spiritual practices is the answer; but it's just illusory. 

and how to reach enlightenment.

Another trap. No such thing. Nowhere to reach. No you, no individual, no time no space. All Absolute. No journey, no path. All that's happening is the individual deluding itself.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

Everyone is depressed to varying degrees, you are probably simply more deeply in touch with it. Life is suffering, but there is a way out.

Hmmm, I wonder why. There's no deeply more in touch with anything. Thoughts trying to get rid of thoughts isn't more deeply in touch, its delusion and creates a loop. An endless cycle. 

but if you want to have hope in life

Another defeat. Hope is the killer. Time doesn't exist so where is hope coming from. Thoughts that created the time in the first place.

2 hours ago, meta_male said:

Hi everyone. Little update: I'm feeling a bit better, being off work was definitely overdue. I also saw a psychiatrist today, these pieces of shit really are ridiculous, nothing to be gained or learned there, I'm getting out of this therapy asap and sticking to IFS.

2 hours ago, meta_male said:

Good for you,