Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dharm4 said:

This is trump after seeing the crowds gathered to celebrate his defeat. Has he been crying?

x68i1jfu1wx51.jpg

He is not sad at all. He went to play golf to ease his tension. He is not done yet. 

Narcissists don't accept defeat. They turn it around. He will make it look like the whole election was nonsense and convince his followers that he was going to win anyway. 

The only way to scare Trump is when nobody follows him, not even one person turns up for his rallies or speeches, that would really make him sad. 

Because narcissists can't bear the idea of being abandoned, they are borderline in that regard, the feeling that nobody believes them shocks them. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Ry4n said:

I love how so many Americans think their country is the best lol, is there something in your guys water supply that makes you THIS stupid? Like....WAY more stupid than every other country. LOL

yeah man it’s the McDonald’s it has us dumb as hell.  All we think about are Big Macs and guns 

4 hours ago, Shin said:

Marine Le Pen is basically a Trump who knows when to open and shut his mouth.

She has the same positions as him, she is just extremely smart and eloquent.

Because of that she's more dangerous than Trump in a certain way.

She is more conscious than Trump, she is mostly at stage blue where Trump is maybe 50% red. I doubt that she will ever win because France seems more evolve than the United-States (at least socially) and the people looks more educated overall. However with all the terrorist attacks and protests during the past five years she has a tiny chance.

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

The split second Biden is in office, it's back to talking about these establishment liberals. 

Both the left and right may split. I think people are underestimating how much MAGA energy there is. 25% of the country is hardcore MAGA furious with GOP establishment because they are caving by accepting Biden’s win. There are some major power shifts and realignments occurring now.

There's still some quality posts here but in some regards this thread is becoming indistinguishable from any Trump bashing thread.

We can celebrate a little longer :)

But let's be careful about monitoring or criticizing everything Trump does for the rest of the winter. Although the damage  done and his breaking of norms is unprecedented,  and the news is important,  the most likely scenario is that the institutions that be will remove him from the presidency, at which point the county will have to pick up the pieces. And that's all there is to it. 

Gloating helps manifest a spirit of disunity.

Edited by Talinn

8 minutes ago, Talinn said:

There's still some quality posts here but in some regards this thread is becoming indistinguishable from any Trump bashing thread.

We can celebrate a little longer :)

But let's be careful about monitoring or criticizing everything Trump does for the rest of the winter. Although the damage  done and his breaking of norms is unprecedented,  and the news is important,  the most likely scenario is that the institutions that be will remove him from the presidency, at which point the county will have to pick up the pieces. And that's all there is to it. 

Gloating helps manifest a spirit of disunity.

Let the libs pop some champagne bottles bro.

Tim Pool MAGA delusions:

49 state landslide! :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  this seems very ironic. Don't they always complain that the left is always too triggered? 

Maybe they've been projecting their own trigger on the libs. 

Just like fascists keep projecting how others are fascists. 

Who is really triggered here? 

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Tim Pool MAGA delusions:

Tim Pool After Biden Won: "We always knew this was going to happen."

That's a real quote, btw. I forgot where the clip was, though.

Americans welcome your new President with pride!! 

Wonderful speech by the new President elect Joseph Robinette Biden. 

No insults. No slurs. No blaming. No inciting. Just inspiring people to work hard towards goals. 

This is what America always needed. 

Biden is just perfect in this speech. 

The best thing about Biden is that he represents the perfect father figure. The Benevolent Father figure and not a narcissistic father figure like Trump. 

And people had the audacity to make fun of this guy. 

He is the total antithesis of Trump, kind, cooperative, matured, strong, intelligent, dignified, understanding, smart. Something that Trump could never be. 

This guy is going to be the next best President in the American history after JFK and Obama. 

And finally the most beautiful comments after a long time. 

4ljfih.jpg

4ljfjo.jpg

4ljfkt.jpg

4ljfly.jpg

4ljfmu.jpg

4ljgc0.jpg

4ljgin.jpg

And a wonderful speech by the first woman Vice President of America Kamala Harris. America makes history. 

Edited by Preety_India

Trump got owned by the coronavirus and the BLM.

Without these two crises, Trump might have stayed on.

Trump is still a businessman and I think some citizens just cannot trust him on the current health and racial issues along with other things.

Damn, Biden’s speech was riveting, poised and eloquent, especially considering his age.

Clearly Biden is far more developed than Trump, which of course isn’t surprising considering a rock could surpass Trumps level of consciousness. However, will be interesting to see how Biden’s presidency unfolds.

Inclusivity and collaboration were the themes of his speech. I feel US could be in for a significant turn around.

Edited by Jacobsrw

2 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

Inclusivity and collaboration were the themes of his speech. I feel US could be in for a significant turn around.

But there in could lie the problem. If Biden tries to much to make the Republicans happy, then the Republicans are still winning the game. That would mean they just bullied Biden into giving into their demands. It seems counterintuitive, but I would be more happy if he said he was going to fight them on everything, for the good of the country. "Collaboration" just means nothing gets done. 

1 minute ago, Sempiternity said:

But there in could lie the problem. If Biden tries to much to make the Republicans happy, then the Republicans are still winning the game. That would mean they just bullied Biden into giving into their demands. It seems counterintuitive, but I would be more happy if he said he was going to fight them on everything, for the good of the country. "Collaboration" just means nothing gets done. 

I agree. There's absolutely no reason to collaborate with Republicans. But I'm not sure if that's required for congress to pass bills. 

11 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

I see your point. However, I’m not sure I agree there. Many Americans against Obama retracted their animosity after seeing the opportunity to transcend difference.

I would argue it’s the other way around. Trump wants a contest, a contentious matter of conflict. After all that’s the only way in which he knows how to communicate. He will likely implode in the face of unity forcing an over extension. I’d say Joe Biden might surprise the republicans more than they can comprehend.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 hour ago, Extreme Z7 said:
2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Tim Pool MAGA delusions:

Tim Pool After Biden Won: "We always knew this was going to happen."

That's a real quote, btw. I forgot where the clip was, though.

I remember people telling on this forum that Trump was going to win for sure, that we couldn't see it because we lived in our own information bubble. Man, that's exactly where they were, and unconsciously projecting it into others. They will deny it of course, like this guy that always knew Biden was going to win.

MAGAs melting down and their compilations all over social media, receiving a bit of four years later Karma. Trump is the loser now, the worst kind of one, he can't accept it. What a difference with John McCain or any other candidate that ever lost, including Hillary. He couldn't leave honorably, it's not a surprisse.

25 minutes ago, Hatfort said:

Trump is the loser now, the worst kind of one, he can't accept it. What a difference with John McCain or any other candidate that ever lost, including Hillary. He couldn't leave honorably, it's not a surprisse.

Maaaaaaaaan, do we have to give this guy a Presidential Library now? Can we just, you know, skip out on that little tradition?

good meme

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Have the provisional ballots in Pennsylvania been counted yet?

"... the provisional ballot count includes a new group this year: people who received an absentee ballot in the mail but showed up to vote in person and did not surrender their absentee ballot at the polling place. These voters had to vote provisionally to ensure their votes weren’t counted twice." - The New York Times, Nov 6, 2020

This means as I understanding it that ordinary in-person votes on the election day are counted as provisional ballots when the voter has received a mail-in ballot without handing it in att the polling place. Are those votes yet to be counted?

I'm grasping at straws here. There were, I don't know, 3 million mail-in ballots sent out, and they received around 80% of them from Democrats but only around 70% from Republicans so there is a potential for more Republican provisional ballots. NBC must have taken that into account in their estimation, yet it's something new for this election so they don't have historical statistics to rely on.

"One stat that is interesting, though, is that 84 percent of registered Democrats who have been sent mail-in or absentee ballots have returned them, compared with 74 percent of Republicans.

When all is said and done, Kathy Boockvar, Pennsylvania’s Secretary of the Commonwealth, said she expects to receive as many as 2.6 million mail-in and absentee ballots." - Politico, Nov 3, 2020

Edited by Anderz