Magnanimous

Leo, how much do looks influence a man's attractiveness

431 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vrubel said:

Don't you have some hardcore spiritual energy that women sense and fall for, Rasputin style? 

I have a friend who is very spiritual, also fan of Leo. He has this thing he calls presence or awarness where if you lock eyes with him you basically "get lost in them", time freezes and you feel this weird sensation which I do not know how to properly describe in words. I had the same sensation but 100x stronger under magic truffles. I am a straight guy but even still that charms me. I can only imagine being a girl what it must be like.

And he is normal looking guy. It is pure awareness and spiritual magic he does.

I can replicate it to a smaller extent with certain people I have chemistry with (gay guys or girls) but it is not as in command or as strong as he has it.

I think it is a trainable skill. Basically being present in the moment and using ur energy.

Out of all the people that do daygame he has arguably the highest conversation ratio I have ever seen. It is rare for him to be blown out and usually a conversations ends with a number or at least a good 5-10 minute talk. 

Edited by Karmadhi

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Beauty at the non-metaphysical level is just stuff that promotes survival.

You are talking about the metaphysical level, which is a tricky matter to explicate.

no, that explanation falls short. Also don't conflate displays of sexual value with our love for aesthetics in our species.

I'm talking about the human domain, At the metaphysical level everything is Absolutely Beautiful. end of story

There are things that trigger sexual attraction because it signals reproductive value . In women : youth, broad hips, being emotional, having a big  butt, having breasts, eye contact, etc.

Read this slowly : We find sexual value beautiful, but not all beauty displays sexual value.

I explain my understainding of this in detail in the other post I pointed out about Male attraction.

There are specific things that do not signal reproductive value AT ALL besides the fact that it's just beautiful and aesthetic, and we value beauty and aesthetics as a species, creaing a strange loop effect  in society that ends up giving actual "survival advantage"  to aesthetic  " beautiful " people, by the technical definition of the " survival ".

Examples of beauty that don't signal sexual value :

Proportional body, aesthetic face,  harmony of colors in: clothing ,style choices, jewlery, skin tone, hairstyle. For more details check out that post.

These things can be summarized in the Golden ratio ( fibonacci ) , Harmony of colors ( Golden Ratio applied to colors ) and our preference for harmony  and order over chaos, besides personal prefferences.

It's the reason we love music and hate noise, and it's not all just beautiful as non duality folks would say. 

watch this playlist of Photoshopping people into the golden ratio. notice that actual displays of sexual value are untouched. It's pure aesthetics and fitting into the golden ratio.

The equivalent of Photoshopping into the golden ratio in music is auto-tune. Chords and scales exist. They are aesthetics and beauty in sound.

the metaphysical explanation of our preference for these proportions must be that reallity is dragging the physical appereance of our species towards the golden ratio over a very long stretch of time. It's everywhere else in nature .

The number that the golden ratio points at is very special. Its decimal part is infinite and it never repeats itself in an predictable manner. That's a hint from the Universe

It must be uniquely efficient as reallity does not want like being uneficient.

I want to also point out the importance of psychology : selective focus and Reticular activation system when it comes to attraction. It's possible for you to be physically ugly but if someone's selective focus is focused on only your good parts, you're atractive and perhaps even beautiful. There is a more detailed explanation for this that I can share if this sounds interesting .

Edited by mmKay

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

17 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

I have a friend who is very spiritual, also fan of Leo. He has this thing he calls presence or awarness where if you lock eyes with him you basically "get lost in them", time freezes and you feel this weird sensation which I do not know how to properly describe in words. I had the same sensation but 100x stronger under magic truffles. I am a straight guy but even still that charms me. I can only imagine being a girl what it must be like.

And he is normal looking guy. It is pure awareness and spiritual magic he does.

I can replicate it to a smaller extent with certain people I have chemistry with (gay guys or girls) but it is not as in command or as strong as he has it.

I think it is a trainable skill. Basically being present in the moment and using ur energy.

Out of all the people that do daygame he has arguably the highest conversation ratio I have ever seen. It is rare for him to be blown out and usually a conversations ends with a number or at least a good 5-10 minute talk. 

Oh you're talking about spiral eyes.

But really it's just presence, it does definitely work

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen is full of shit. Owen does not get many girls. He struggles to get them. Because of his looks.

You have to understand that pickup coaches are very biased and untruthful people. They either straight out lie to their students or they themselves are deluded by years of pickup brainwashing.

Also, if you notice, most of the successful pickup coaches are good looking extroverts. It's not merely their game that's doing the work. Similar to how successful bodybuilders are also coasting off great genetics and fooling you into thinking that it's all their hard work at the gym. No matter how much a regular guy hits the gym he will never be Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Because Arnold had peak genetics that enabled everything else. But fools think that it was all just hard work. You can't hard work you way into peak genetics. Which is why actors, musicians, athletes, and models get paid so much money. It's not just because they work hard. It's because they have peak genetics which 99% can't have. This makes them incredibly valuable comodities.

Spiritually successful people also coast off their peak genetics, in case you haven't noticed. And so do the best intellectuals. All these things are grounded in having the right genetics. And then these people fool you into thinking otherwise. Many times they themselves are unaware of their innate advatages because they are too close to them.

You can deny this all you want but in the end it's the truth.

Be ware, if you turn this truth into a victim mentality, that's on you. I am not saying to do that. My only concern here is how reality actually works, not how you feel about it and how you need it to be for your sake.

Can’t psychedelics and good diet and environment have a transformational effect on your genetic ? 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen is bullshitting you about that in the Blueprint. Because he is selling guys on the idea of game. You have to be aware of his biases and agenda. His agenda is NOT truth.

Okay… well, your state does matter. 

I am not saying all guys are equal but your state does matter for getting laid. Your personality, etc matters… 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

31 minutes ago, thierry said:

Can’t psychedelics and good diet and environment have a transformational effect on your genetic ? 

No.

16 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Okay… well, your state does matter. 

I never said it doesn't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura How to be confident when I have never dated before ? Is it authenticity which means being true to yourself and then others ?

8 minutes ago, Rishabh R said:

@Leo Gura How to be confident when I have never dated before ? Is it authenticity which means being true to yourself and then others ?

You're not going to be confident. Confidence comes from experience.

So just do your best and work hard to gain experience. Confidence will come naturally from that effort.

Most importantly, go out and get real experience I think. Your mind is full of shit and you’re better off going out, getting real experience. And plenty of it.

◭"89"

@Leo Gura so I must I focus on my efforts which is talking to girls for years which I am doing despite getting rejected. And also is it true for exams also ( tommorow I have an exam) that I must focus on my preparation not the marks cause they are out of my control?

@Rishabh R Basically, focus on the habits the create the result. The process, and getting experience. 

◭"89"

On 2/24/2024 at 6:43 PM, Consept said:

Looks are important but for a man there's plenty you can do to enhance that, wardrobe, grooming, gym etc. 

What I would say is the number 1 factor is true confidence, meaning you know you're cool, you fully believe that anyone would enjoy being around you and that any girl could be attracted to you. There are many factors but I think if you had confidence at a 10 it would be more impactful than any other factor. 

This guys homeless but super confident, can't tell if he's good looking or not though 

He's above average (7) in looks, charismatic, and intelligent but didn't turn out so well years down the line! 

Edited by PenguinPablo

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Beauty at the non-metaphysical level is just stuff that promotes survival.

You are talking about the metaphysical level, which is a tricky matter to explicate.

Something along the lines big tits are good for breastfeeding?

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Rishabh R If you are constantly rejected, it means you need to change something. That doesn't sound reasonable to repeat same things and getting same results. I don't your situation, but the general advice is to improve looks and finance. Additionally, traveling to developing countries can help. I directly observe that relationship requirements of Middle Eastern women are significantly lower than of European women. 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen does not get many girls. He struggles to get them. Because of his looks. 

How do you know this?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Owen is a worldclass bullshitter. Owen does not get many girls. He struggles to get them. Because of his looks.

You have to understand that pickup coaches are very biased and untruthful people. They either straight out lie to their students or they themselves are deluded by years of pickup brainwashing.

Also, if you notice, most of the successful pickup coaches are good looking extroverts. It's not merely their game that's doing the work. Similar to how successful bodybuilders are also coasting off great genetics and fooling you into thinking that it's all their hard work at the gym. No matter how much a regular guy hits the gym he will never be Arnold Schwarzeneggar. Because Arnold had peak genetics that enabled everything else. But fools think that it was all just hard work. You can't hard work you way into peak genetics. Which is why actors, musicians, athletes, and models get paid so much money. It's not just because they work hard. It's because they have peak genetics which 99% can't have. This makes them incredibly valuable comodities.

Spiritually successful people also coast off their peak genetics, in case you haven't noticed. And so do the best intellectuals. All these things are grounded in having the right genetics. And then these people fool you into thinking otherwise. Many times they themselves are unaware of their innate advatages because they are too close to them.

You can deny this all you want but in the end it's the truth.

Be ware, if you turn this truth into a victim mentality, that's on you. I am not saying to do that. My only concern here is how reality actually works, not how you feel about it and how you need it to be for your sake.

@Jason Actualization Oh boy

It's Love.

2 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

He's above average (7) in looks, charismatic, and intelligent but didn't turn out so well years down the line! 

Not sure I'd peg him at a 7 but of course it's subjective, his height probably helps as well. 

But I agree his charisma and intelligence in his situation, is the main factor, if he didn't have that and was just homeless he would not get any girls. 

Unfortunate he had his addiction problems, there are obviously some deeper issues at play. 

2 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

Something along the lines big tits are good for breastfeeding?

Why do you care about tits at all?

Think about it.

@Leo Gura So you have been doing pickup for more than 10 years and only recently you got realization that looks are major factor in dating.

Interesting a year ago you claimed it is only about 10 percent.

Such a drastic change. What has change ?