Magnanimous

Leo, how much do looks influence a man's attractiveness

431 posts in this topic

You said that you've recently had new insights about attraction and that looks matter to women. I've been wondering with your new understanding how much looks matter to women, and how physical appearance interrelates with a mans charisma, intellect, leadership ability, and other factors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It matters quite a lot.

But you don't need great looks to have success with women. You can overcome lack of looks with volume of approachs, good game, charisma, humor, and other value. But if your looks are below average you are boxing with one hand tied behind your back. But you can still win because you are boxing with a girl.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura would you still say that a man's verbal skill is the number 1 factor in getting girls? And out of all the the things where would you rank physical appearance out of the most important factors for male attractiveness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magnanimous said:

@Leo Gura would you still say that a man's verbal skill is the number 1 factor in getting girls?

No.

Number 1 is status and fame.

Followed closely by looks.

But practically, the #1 factor for getting girls is being highly social. Even your status and fame and looks will not work unless you are being social.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No.

Number 1 is status and fame.

Followed closely by looks.

But practically, the #1 factor for getting girls is being highly social. Even your status and fame and looks will not work unless you are being social.

I would say personality is at number one. Fame and status get you gold diggers or low quality girls. So, I guess you are right that it will get you girls, but just not ones that I would want to be my girlfriend. What I look for is a woman who can fall in love with my own intelligence the way that I do and to love her mind as well. Not very many women I know are existentially-oriented, so it is gonna be a challenge for me. But I will not lower my standards. I’d rather be single than to have a girlfriend/wife that is below my standards. I want someone I can trust, respect, go on outdoor adventures with, who is athletic, who I can meditate with, and who I can have philosophical conversations with. Being with a woman who doesn’t fit that criteria, I am better off just masturbating to my own intelligence.


All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not listen to Leo he doesn't know shit about looks Iam a fckin troll and I have been with many beautiful girls you would believe. 

Confidence and being playful is the most important trait I have great looking friends but they don't get laid as much as I do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It matters quite a lot.

But you don't need great looks to have success with women. You can overcome lack of looks with volume of approachs, good game, charisma, humor, and other value. But if your looks are below average you are boxing with one hand tied behind your back. But you can still win because you are boxing with a girl.

You said it didn’t matter in your how to get laid series though, what changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

she is more interested in the suit you show up in more the skin you are born in

because she is playing the same game

that you need to look as good as me

this equates to a level playing field when you have the right wardrobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't ask Leo about how much does looks play a role in relationships or influences a man's attractiveness. @kamillsaid it perfectly. Of course, if you're dried up and look like a bum on the street or dirty and smell like garbage it won't work so well, but that's the obvious and works both ways, but on a general scale most women don't really care and, listen to this, because it's very important ESPECIALLY THE HOT, VERY FEMININE ATTRACTIVE ONES. They're not running around seeking handsome dudes with muscles, a six pack and who dresses like Don Juan, they are mostly attracted to men's traits, character and personality - whatever that may be. The looks is just an added bonus. 

 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

that you need to look as good as me

No, that I need to look better than you, is how most attractive women feel. That you won't be in the mirror longer than me and that you won't spend too much on your looks and spend it on me instead, and that you don't outshine me physically. Outshine me in status, personality, accomplishments etc., but not looks. That's how they think, indirectly. Subconsciously.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

No, that I need to look better than you, is how most attractive women feel. That you won't be in the mirror longer than me and that you won't spend too much on your looks and spend it on me instead, and that you don't outshine me physically. Outshine me in status, personality, accomplishments etc., but not looks. That's how they think.

if i allow you to look better than me it means i am forcing myself to outrank you in other areas like finances status or intelligence

this may be more the norm but for me is too transactional ... better and more enduring is where all categories are more or less equal

it should be about lifting each another in categories where one has strengths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Fame and status get you gold diggers or low quality girls.

That's just a belief. And not one with any merit either. You're just going off of assumptions here. Probably looking at groupies and women who are really just gold-diggers and who provide no value and who might not care about fame or status and will just milk you just for milking sake. 

Just because a woman likes men of status or high-value (which can be defined differently) doesn't mean she's a gold digger or is of low quality. That's just a personal assessment and carries no weight.


Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

if i allow you to look better than me it means i am forcing myself to outrank you in other areas like finances status or intelligence

this may be more the norm but for me is too transactional ... better and more enduring is where all categories are more or less equal

it should be about lifting each another in categories where one has strengths

I'm not saying these are the only criteria or even what they set out to do consciously. People of good quality and positive traits and characteristics will still have vain ways about them and doesn't mean its the only thing that they look at when it comes to settling down in a monogamous relationship. What you're saying is great and should be why people are together but certain things are inherent and are not even done on a conscious level and are sometimes survival based. 


Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kamill said:

Do not listen to Leo he doesn't know shit about looks Iam a fckin troll and I have been with many beautiful girls you would believe. 

Maybe they’re only in your dreams then ;)


“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ChatGPT’s perspective:

Quote

The importance of looks in attracting women, or anyone for that matter, can be likened to the cover of a book. While an appealing cover can draw someone's attention, it's the story inside that keeps them engaged and invested. For some people, looks might initially play a significant role in attraction, serving as the spark or initial interest. However, over time, other factors such as personality, kindness, humor, intelligence, and emotional connection often become more important.

Think of it like a garden. While beautiful flowers might draw someone into the garden initially, it's the garden's overall care, the variety of plants, and the ambiance that make someone want to stay and return. Similarly, qualities like confidence, respect, and compatibility play a crucial role in sustaining and deepening attraction beyond just physical appearance.

It's also worth noting that beauty is highly subjective and influenced by personal preferences, cultural factors, and societal standards, which can vary widely. What one person finds attractive, another might not. So, while looks can be a factor in attraction, they're just one piece of a much larger puzzle.

 


“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

It's also worth noting that beauty is highly subjective and influenced by personal preferences, cultural factors, and societal standards, which can vary widely. What one person finds attractive, another might not.

This is the KEY right here. It is kind of pointless to ask if women are attracted to looks because that depends on who's looking. What some fail to understand is that just because one is attractive, even if EVERYONE in the whole wide world thinks that person is attractive, it doesn't mean everyone will find them SEXUALLY attractive.

We're not talking about a modelling contract here or trying to hire someone for a poster event, we're talking about sexual attraction and people have different things they are turned on by. An ugly girl with long legs could attract a guy who just loves long-legged girls or big boobs or curly hair or whatever, but when it comes to women, for the most part what attracts us is a guys personality; but don't get me wrong, i didn't say he has to have a good personality or one of high caliber. He can still be an ass a jerk a moron - whatever, or kind, gentle and compassionate, but that's what attracts her most not his looks.

When a guy approaches, yes she's looking at his looks but that alone will not deter or repel her nor the opposite, his game, personality and how he makes her feel is more important. Not his butt size or lack of a six pack or beard.


Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Maybe they’re only in your dreams then ;)

What he said is what happens a lot, the most beautiful or the most handsome is not always who gets laid the most or even gets approached the most. Doesn't matter especially with men, beautiful women will get more attractions but men need to step up their game more and it has nothing to do with looks.


Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time. Death is the end of the illusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not saying these are the only criteria or even what they set out to do consciously. People of good quality and positive traits and characteristics will still have vain ways about them and doesn't mean its the only thing that they look at when it comes to settling down in a monogamous relationship. What you're saying is great and should be why people are together but certain things are inherent and are not even done on a conscious level and are sometimes survival based. 

yes fully agree, he wants her looking good, she wants him doing good

god broke the mold when he made me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally became more attractive when I stopped denying being LGBT and neurodiverse. By those standards I am pretty attractive. Attracting heterosexual, cis neurotypical women, on the other hand, guarantees I fail 99.9% of the time.

Authenticity is important

Edited by Yimpa

“Why was the math book always alone? Because it had too many problems to solve on its own!“ -Claude 3 Opus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now