A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura 

You said you only know/embody 1% of self-mastry material, where are all the other 99% of material - are they from direct experience?

One book from your book list you could only read in your life, which book would you choose?

Would it be possible for me to come to las vegas and live and train with you (worth a shot lol), if not live then just train/self-actualise :D 

Can the deep states of awareness that can be experienced by psychedelics be the exact possibly of awareness that can be obtained permanently by doing consciousness/enlightenment work?

Edited by Huz

You said you have stopped going to the gym and changed diet for meditation reasons:

1. What are your current views on maintaining a healthy body while on the spiritual path? Do you do any physical yoga?

2. What is a good diet for meditation?

3. Do you still use this supplements?

On 8/8/2016 at 0:32 PM, Huz said:

@Leo Gura 

Would it be possible for me to come to las vegas and live and train with you (worth a shot lol), if not live then just train/self-actualise :D 

Haha, always wished to do that, run away from home and just completely change my lifestyle.

What do you do with your money?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Do you have hobbies completely cut off from personal devolpment work?
What is your favourite food?
What movies do you like?
Meditation makes my anxiety go through the roof, therefor I always quit the second week, do I need to bite through? 
Don't  you ever get tired of these fucking questions?

How is your day to day now from post Mushroom experience? How "you" doin?

Which habits impacted your life the most?  Are you still building new habits? If yes, which habits are you currently working on? Which habits do you plan to implement in the future?  How important are habits on the self-actualization journey and why? What habits are the most important to master in your opinion?

I m reading Radical Honesty.  @Leo Gura did you had to come clean to your parents as the book suggests?  We all have little or big secrets.  Can we self actualize by skipping this step? 

Do you wear pants while shooting your videos?

@Leo Gura What is your social life like? Do you have a lot of friends? Or just a few close friends?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 2/11/2016 at 3:41 AM, Leo Gura said:

generally I see all cultures as silly and deluded.

@Leo Gura Did you always see cultures as silly and deluded? And if not, at what stage of your personal development did you come to this belief?

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

@Leo Gura I'm having a hard time finding out if the average watch time/ audience retention rate is decent on my videos because most sources on the internet only talk about channels creating content that's shorter than 5 minutes in duration. Some say anything over 10 seconds is good, but that's obviously only true for short entertainment based videos and really doesn't apply to educational content. An average video on my channel is about 15-25 minutes long, give or take and my overall average watch time for my channel is about 5:45 minutes per view. Can you give me some perspective as to whether or not this is decent based upon your experience? I'd imagine that your averages are probably very polar with a lot of people sticking around for the whole video and many others who just can't sit still for the whole duration. Thank you! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

How do you change your feelings about your character that cause you to not love your self?because I noticed I have some that are not self obscured only through acceptance.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:56 PM, Rahul yadav said:

Heyy leo 

I really dont know how consciousness works! can you explain, or will make a video about it in future? 

That requires direct experience. Start doing conscious work, rather than looking for logical answers. One thing you can be sure of is that consciousness doesn't work through logic.

On 8/4/2016 at 10:35 PM, Rashad said:

Why do you always wish if you started meditation young?And why do you say that on meditation only not Enlightenment?

Cause it's the answer to all of life's questions and problems.

On 8/4/2016 at 11:37 PM, bazera said:

Leo, do you enjoy watching sports? 

Generally, what are your thoughts on sports?

No

On 8/4/2016 at 9:02 AM, Paul EMD said:

@Leo Gura

Besides your book list, could you give a few examples of high-quality sources of educational information? 

Thanks!

I'm working on a resource list.

On 8/6/2016 at 5:10 PM, 30secs said:

@Leo Gura

did you ever imagine someday having a family and the same time became a Yogi, I mean how that might work? thanks:)

It's possible. I know many highly enlightened people who have a family and kids.

On 8/6/2016 at 8:12 PM, InsidesOut said:

who were the enlightened people you worked with so far?

do you recomend having a physically present teacher in this quest?

Not ready to reveal all my teachers.

Of course it's nice to see teachers face to face, but not necessary. It's not like they will really help you much. You gotta do all the heavy lifting yourself.

On 8/6/2016 at 0:08 AM, Rashad said:

Do you think Enlightenment work and meditation made you smarter?

No, just wiser and more grounded.

On 8/6/2016 at 7:46 AM, Hardik jain said:

Which phone do you use?

which car do you drive?

Galaxy s7

Toyota Matrix

On 8/7/2016 at 6:05 PM, 7Masterkeys said:

If you were alone in a deserted tropical island and you could have just ONE book with you, what book would it be?

Ooo... good question. I will just say that it's on my book list, in the consciousness section ;)

On 8/7/2016 at 0:26 AM, Richard Alpert said:

what do you think about martial arts or combat sport?

Not my thing. Some people seem to really dig it. Fighting anybody seems silly to me. Seems like a lot of people get into it because they have neurotic desires and insecurities.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:16 PM, Grant6 said:

Leo, when strategizing for your life, how do you know which of the things you want are neurotic desires and which of your wants are authentic? Also how did you go about discovering yourself? Were there any traps you fell into?

See the life purpose course, this is deep topic.

On 8/8/2016 at 2:13 AM, IndependantKouhai said:

What is your personal view on Buddhism or Zen? 

There's good stuff there, but also still too much dogma & tradition which is irrelevant to Truth.

On 8/8/2016 at 2:32 AM, Huz said:

@Leo Gura 

You said you only know/embody 1% of self-mastry material, where are all the other 99% of material - are they from direct experience?

One book from your book list you could only read in your life, which book would you choose?

Can the deep states of awareness that can be experienced by psychedelics be the exact possibly of awareness that can be obtained permanently by doing consciousness/enlightenment work?

About the book, see answer above.

No, I'm a busy guy. I don't have time to train anyone. Nor is that necessary. I give you all the answers every week for free! Stop being lazy and just do it.

Not exactly the same, but there seem to be similarities.

On 8/8/2016 at 3:19 AM, art said:

You said you have stopped going to the gym and changed diet for meditation reasons:

1. What are your current views on maintaining a healthy body while on the spiritual path? Do you do any physical yoga?

2. What is a good diet for meditation?

3. Do you still use this supplements?

1) Exercise is a good idea, I'll be getting back into it.

2) As all-raw vegetarian as possible. No wheat or refined grains. No dairy. Low sugar. Organic.

3) I use less supplements these days because I've gotten tired of taking so much. But I still use them sometimes in various degrees.

On 8/9/2016 at 1:16 PM, Growf said:

What do you do with your money?
Do you have a girlfriend/wife?
Do you have hobbies completely cut off from personal devolpment work?
What is your favourite food?
What movies do you like?
Meditation makes my anxiety go through the roof, therefor I always quit the second week, do I need to bite through? 
Don't  you ever get tired of these fucking questions?

Save it.

Long distance gf.

Few hobbies.

Various foods, but most of them I never have because they are unhealthy.

Various movies.

On 8/9/2016 at 4:38 PM, JustinS said:

How is your day to day now from post Mushroom experience? How "you" doin?

Every day is better than the last.

On 8/10/2016 at 0:24 AM, AleksM said:

Which habits impacted your life the most?  Are you still building new habits? If yes, which habits are you currently working on? Which habits do you plan to implement in the future?  How important are habits on the self-actualization journey and why? What habits are the most important to master in your opinion?

I think I've answered that about habits earlier in this thread.

On 8/11/2016 at 5:24 AM, Tancrede Pouyat said:

What's a question more people should ask you ? What's the answer to that question ?

Now you're just getting lazy.

On 8/11/2016 at 9:49 AM, Irina Irina said:

I m reading Radical Honesty.  @Leo Gura did you had to come clean to your parents as the book suggests?  We all have little or big secrets.  Can we self actualize by skipping this step? 

I don't feel a need to come clean to anyone.

On 8/12/2016 at 7:53 AM, Mat Pav said:

Do you wear pants while shooting your videos?

Sometimes ;)

On 8/21/2016 at 2:54 AM, 7thLetter said:

@Leo Gura What is your social life like? Do you have a lot of friends? Or just a few close friends?

Very few friends. I value my solitude and could live on a deserted island with no problem.

On 8/22/2016 at 5:35 AM, philosogi said:

@Leo Gura Did you always see cultures as silly and deluded? And if not, at what stage of your personal development did you come to this belief?

Mostly yes, because I changed cultures when I was young and clearly saw that culture was arbitrary. But recently I've been become aware of how unhealthy Western "non-culture" culture is. It's just as damaging and limiting as traditional cultures. Even more so because people don't recognize it as culture.

On 8/22/2016 at 2:11 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

@Leo Gura I'm having a hard time finding out if the average watch time/ audience retention rate is decent on my videos because most sources on the internet only talk about channels creating content that's shorter than 5 minutes in duration. Some say anything over 10 seconds is good, but that's obviously only true for short entertainment based videos and really doesn't apply to educational content. An average video on my channel is about 15-25 minutes long, give or take and my overall average watch time for my channel is about 5:45 minutes per view. Can you give me some perspective as to whether or not this is decent based upon your experience? I'd imagine that your averages are probably very polar with a lot of people sticking around for the whole video and many others who just can't sit still for the whole duration. Thank you! :)

You're worried about the wrong thing. Focus on creating quality content that is true to yourself. Let the little stuff go.

On 8/23/2016 at 6:31 AM, Rashad said:

How do you change your feelings about your character that cause you to not love your self?because I noticed I have some that are not self obscured only through acceptance.

I have a big ego so I've always loved myself. Not sure why others don't, honestly. It's a rather stupid way to live.

Do the exercise in The Power Of Self-Acceptance video. Read books on self-esteem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're worried about the wrong thing. Focus on creating quality content that is true to yourself. Let the little stuff go.

I do focus on quality content primarily, as it is THE whole entire thing. The content is my priority, and I am constantly working toward improving my channel with each new video. But I also like to set goals for my stats because I'm the type of person whose motivation and confidence intensifies by getting clear quantitative feedback: whether it be positive or negative. I've always functioned best that way if I can draw clear lines in the sand. It helps me be able to grasp better what the quality of my videos are to other people, because I find it easier to discern than my own qualitative assessments, which are necessarily biased and sort of float in the ether. Thus far, I've found no appropriate metric for this stat. From the research I've done, my audience retention rate could be atrociously horrible or could be exceptionally awesome. It's just not clear to me. With you being a successful content creator in a similar niche who does longer videos, anything that you could offer for clarity would be extremely helpful to me. Thanks! :)

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Beats having no one in your life by a lot.

Edited by Beam