A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on ASMR?

Is 18 too young to be working towards enlightenment? 

@Leo Gura

Edited by arletbode

@Leo Gura How long did it take you to get your first 10,000 subscribers on Youtube?

Was your growth slow at first, or were you able to raise your numbers at a quick pace from the start?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 4/16/2016 at 3:27 AM, Kenya said:

When filming do you have notes slightly to the left of your camera. 

I've noticed I fixate on your eye movmentent sometimes, which distracts me from your content (my fault, obviously) just curious, thanks :)

No, I look to the left because that's where the eyes naturally go when I think and because there's a bright-ass light to the right which isn't pleasant to look at.

On 4/16/2016 at 2:27 PM, Ross said:

@Leo Gura You said in the thread that you don't want to change society, but why? Wasn't one of the goals that you mentioned in Actualised. org was that you can reach a stage of mastery where you can change peoples' lives?

I'm making my impact, I just don't want to change society through the political process because that's not my cup of tea.

On 4/16/2016 at 2:50 PM, appleaurorae said:

Have you ever considered joining (these are not religions) Freemasons, Rosicrucians or similar organization?

No. I don't join any ideology or social system.

On 4/16/2016 at 4:43 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

Which video on your channel are you most proud of or stands out to you as the most valuable from your current point of view? 

Oh I dunno... They all sorta blur together in my mind after a while. I like my deepest videos about metaphysics, philosophy, and the deception nature of mind.

On 4/17/2016 at 10:41 PM, Armand said:

@Leo Gura Do you video your gameplay? I assume you play if you like game design. Musing while you play a game would be quite interesting to see. My ideal job would be to get to work for Ubisoft. I have a friend who was lucky enough to actually land a job with them.  

Plus your open honesty is very admirable. You aspire so many of us to change ourselves for the better with your videos. I might be able to live a fulfilled life thanks to your advice. Giving my thanks for all that you do man. 

I don't play video games any more.

On 4/18/2016 at 2:34 PM, John said:

@Leo Gura

I view myself as on a similar path to you. Shining the light of awareness on all of these different areas of my life, and then ultimately trying to shine that light back on itself.

I am experiencing radical change at the moment though. The person I am now is very different from the person I was 6 days ago and almost unrecognizable to the John six months ago. That's how big the gains are that I am making in terms of confidence, self esteem, relationship with women, self efficacy, introvert vs extrovert personality.. These are core things that seem to be in a constant state of flux in my life. I'm sure they must have been in yours as you progressed upwards? But you seem to thrive on this?

For me I deal with a lot of alienation, Loneliness, anxiety, isolation and even these feelings of depersonalization. Do you have any recommendations on how to embrace the change I am experiencing? How to frame it all? It's so overwhelming at times that I just have to rely on the fact that I've made it through before to give me hope that I'll make it through again. And I never seem to be able to relish in the reward. To get through it and say wow, now you have this confidence, you should be proud of yourself. No, it's more change, more flux, more alienation!

That was a ramble but I hope you understood what I was getting across, I'd really appreciate any response.. Peace out Leo, your videos are the best!

That's a deep topic I can't adequately address here.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:22 AM, Huz said:

@Leo Gura are there any times when you eat something that is not as healthy at the diet you eat. Like a unhealthy snack etc

Yeah, sometimes. Although my desire for decadent food has really dropped off a lot. It's just such a low-quality pleasure.

On 4/21/2016 at 2:01 PM, Fer Lazo said:

@Leo Gura In one of your videos you said you lived in Southern California for a while. What part was that? San Diego by any chance?

Orange County

On 4/21/2016 at 2:55 PM, Tariq said:

What is your workout routine like ?

I did about 45 minutes x5 days per week for a long time. But lately I've stopped going to the gym at all.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:35 AM, Mariem said:

@Leo Gura  what motivate you to wake up in the morning?

My alarm clock

On 4/22/2016 at 9:36 AM, Thomas said:

@Leo Gura

Have You ever abandoned a video and not uploaded it after assuming it sucks or any other reason?

Sure, many times

On 4/22/2016 at 1:12 PM, NickOleksiak said:

@Leo Gura Hey, this isn't a question, but a gift for you from me.

I've been a huge fan of your YouTube channel for over a year now. I've seen some kickass changes in my mindset on reality, as well as more visible results.

You don't have to do anything with it, but I did a remix of the short jingle for your channel. I've heard the jingle so many damn times that I figured I'd honor it in the best way I know how. You can share it with the original composer too, of course. No money is being made off of this or anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4f2ymrbzzlu925c/Actualized.org%20theme%20remix.mp3?dl=0

Thanks!

On 4/24/2016 at 5:23 AM, Huz said:

Leo in your video How your mind Distorts reality, you mentions how you have been going through painful months. Could you possibly explain the issues and pain oyu have gone through?

Just the random purgings of the psyche from lots of meditation and self-inquiry.

On 4/24/2016 at 0:59 PM, Hans said:

Leo, you said you have cold-approached probably thousands of girls. How many of them do you still remember or talk to?

I remember many. I talk to none.

On 4/25/2016 at 6:52 AM, beaucoup said:

Hey Leo,

first of all: thank you for your enormous effort. I have only one question really, but i would appreciate your best awnser.

1. How happy are you?

I would also love to hear how your happiness changed throughout your self-actualization-journey though.

Anyways, all the best from Germany.

How am I supposed to quantify that?

On 4/25/2016 at 2:38 PM, Jonson said:

Hi Leo ,

my name is Hans and my question is : Do I not have to have a regular basis ( like everyday at 06:00 ) for meditation ?

I just have to do it everyday whatever the time is?

The time is not important.

On 4/30/2016 at 10:47 AM, Piotr said:

How aware of your thoughts are you when you do not meditate? Are you able to talk to people and meditate simultaneously and is a natural progression when you meditate for years that you then do it during any activities?

I don't meditate when I talk to people. I get lots of monkey mind still all the time.

On 5/10/2016 at 2:27 AM, Teags said:

@Leo Gura why do you, personally, pursue enlightenment? 

What else is there to do?

On 5/20/2016 at 2:23 AM, Filosofas said:

What do you think about Friedriche Nietzche and his philosophy?

It's philosophy. It's ego. Don't get stuck on philosophy. Go for direct consciousness of truth.

On 5/20/2016 at 1:14 PM, Dzinca said:

@Leo Gura Is there any video you'd like to withdraw since you have started your channel ? Do you think that all your videos are still relevant today ? 

Some of very old videos aren't that great or that deep, or sometimes a bit neurotic. But people are at different levels and the channel could always use more subscribers.

On 5/20/2016 at 2:17 PM, Huz said:

@Leo Gura If you discovered enlightenment in college how different would you life be now?

Probably quite different.

On 5/22/2016 at 2:45 AM, Dragallur said:

First of all thanks Leo for all of your videos.

Are you planning to try out lucid dreaming as a way to do self-development?

Yes, although it's not a high priority thing.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:42 AM, Arik said:

@Leo Gura What is your deepest carnal craving you struggle to get rid of the most when it comes to detoxifying ones lifestyle? 

Sex/masturbation, although it's not really a problem for me or a point of frustration.

On 5/28/2016 at 1:33 PM, dzenun said:

As a teen who tries very hard to self-actualize, I tend to keep my lifestyle and activities rather streamlined. For example, I only watch television when it's bettering me somehow, as in a documentary. I've taken big steps to make sure I make the most of my limited time in high school by talking to professionals who can assist me in my future career. Which is also aimed at changing the world in an incredibly drastic and positive way. 

My question for Leo is: Should I continue my practice of super-limiting my "entertainment and relaxation"? As in, is it alright for me to watch recreational television (i.e. anime) or work on a side project of my own? Or is all entertainment and mainstream leisure to be rejected as a total waste of time?

Relaxation is good. Don't limit that. But TV... just stop watching it period. Sell your TV and never think about it again. There is nothing you will miss about it after a year or two.

On 5/30/2016 at 8:42 PM, arletbode said:

What are your thoughts on ASMR?

Is 18 too young to be working towards enlightenment? 

@Leo Gura

1) I don't know what that is.

2) No. You should be enlightened already.

On 7/10/2016 at 2:12 PM, Irina Irina said:

@Leo Gura do actualizers recognise you on street?  Do they aproach you? 

Yeah, sometimes. Not on the street but at the gym, at grocery stores, restaurants, or nightclubs.

4 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

@Leo Gura How long did it take you to get your first 10,000 subscribers on Youtube?

Was your growth slow at first, or were you able to raise your numbers at a quick pace from the start?

I honestly can't remember any more. It's always slow at first.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:
On 4/24/2016 at 8:59 PM, Hans said:

Leo, you said you have cold-approached probably thousands of girls. How many of them do you still remember or talk to?

I remember many. I talk to none.

@Leo Gura What was the point then? Was it just purely for self-development. For me now I am forgetting all the stuff and focusing on enlightenment, then I "think" relationships will be more authentic and easier.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Relaxation is good. Don't limit that. But TV... just stop watching it period. Sell your TV and never think about it again. There is nothing you will miss about it after a year or two.

I honestly wish 99.99% of people I meet would read that. xD

I bought your life purpose course. Now youre saying to not follow my passions or dreams and go for enlightenment??

@Leo Gura  What do you think about the presidential nomination,and who do you think deserves to win?and why?

9 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

I bought your life purpose course. Now youre saying to not follow my passions or dreams and go for enlightenment??

No, enlightenment and life purpose are synergistic when done properly.

@Leo Gura

I'm your big fan, I printed a logo Actualized.org on my black t-shirt, is it okay to you? if not, just tell me then i'll throw it away:)

Do you still get depressed and/or anxious? Is it easier to deal with it now that you're on the path of self actualization?

20 hours ago, 30secs said:

@Leo Gura

I'm your big fan, I printed a logo Actualized.org on my black t-shirt, is it okay to you? if not, just tell me then i'll throw it away:)

Hahaha and if he say so, you will be able to throw it??? No,man.

What is your opinion on DMT? Interesting or distracting? 

On 7/25/2016 at 1:23 AM, 30secs said:

@Leo Gura

Cool. No problem as long as you're not selling them to people.

On 7/25/2016 at 11:59 AM, Growf said:

Do you still get depressed and/or anxious? Is it easier to deal with it now that you're on the path of self actualization?

Depressed, no. Anxious, a bit sometimes.

Yeah, negative emotions are getting their ass kicked every day. It's like becoming Teflon-coated. Nothing sticks for very long.

On 7/25/2016 at 1:31 PM, Richard Alpert said:

People you follow / admire / respect?

Many of the authors in my book list.

7 hours ago, Growf said:

What is your opinion on DMT? Interesting or distracting? 

Deep video coming about psychedelics soon.

Do you think it's better that i find my own path in life , instead of finding a life purpose based on the values you teach , even though i might end up having ideals that are completely different from yours?

@SaynotoKlaus You misunderstand the life purpose course if you think that way. It's totally open. You can & should use the course to develop whatever purpose and values you want.

If you want to use it to become a professional baby killer, you can!

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to use it to become a professional baby killer, you can!

@SaynotoKlaus Note: Probably don't do that. :D Can't self-actualize when you have a mob of parents after you with pitchforks and shotguns. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org