A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

When and how did you discover Enlightenment?

What point in your life did you feel the most lost and had no idea what you were going to do with your life.

Edited by Lorcan
typo

12 hours ago, Rashad said:

When and how did you discover Enlightenment?

Already answered.

2 hours ago, Lorcan said:

What point in your life did you feel the most lost and had no idea what you were going to do with your life.

When I was considering quitting my game design career in Boston. Hated that city, hated that situation. Almost became a criminal to break free. Almost.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

When I was considering quitting my game design career in Boston. Hated that city, hated that situation. Almost became a criminal to break free. Almost.

Back when I discovered Periscope, there was a woman who would stream from Boston about Boston every day, the history and how beautiful it was, you would have loved it xD 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Already answered.

@Leo Gura Wow. We are thankful you didn't go down that route. Didn't know that part. Criminal how? (I understand if you'd rather not answer that).

In any case, how did you deal with the "social game" involved in working with your past gaming career company? I understand you are introverted--I am struggling with this so so hard right now. I'm floored by how much employers value extroversion and "fitting in well into the corporation" versus actual competence, which I value so much. I am very introverted as well (INTJ personality type)...

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Already answered.

I'm sorry but I'm way too interested not to ask. Why would leaving your game design career in Boston result in you potentially becoming a criminal? Was it a doing illegal things for money to get by on in the interim that you were considering or was it more of a going postal thing? :D Either way, I can totally relate to the thought process (not actions) on both accounts. You totally don't have to answer this question, but I'm amused either way. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

How many hours did you approximately spend on personal development? Just curious because of the 10,000 hours rule

What habit was the most difficult to kick/form?

16 hours ago, Rashad said:

What are your top ten values in life?

You can have them for 249 dollars, my friend + a lot of other groupie information (posters and stickers - I'm fucking around, sorry). :D

Edited by Arik

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

You said something about going to college to study game programing. But yet you said in another video that you went to college to study philosophy. In another video you said you went to college to study Aerospace engineering. Which one is true? If you did study all of that, how did you do it? If you did'nt went to college to study one of the topics I manage above, than where did you get your knowledge?

Hi Leo, I'm 20 years old and I've watched about 30 to 40 videos in your list and I'm kinda see the pieces put together but I feel like I'm lost because there are too much of information. I want to ask you that where should I start in the journey? (sorry if there is any English mistakes).

@Leo Gura

Why did you quit pickup/game?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 7/30/2016 at 5:34 PM, Patrick said:

@Leo Gura Wow. We are thankful you didn't go down that route. Didn't know that part. Criminal how? (I understand if you'd rather not answer that).

In any case, how did you deal with the "social game" involved in working with your past gaming career company? I understand you are introverted--I am struggling with this so so hard right now. I'm floored by how much employers value extroversion and "fitting in well into the corporation" versus actual competence, which I value so much. I am very introverted as well (INTJ personality type)...

It was a bit rocky, the social game, because I'm not politically correct. I offended some people. But it was a small company so mostly it wasn't a problem. Game developers are a pretty laid-back folk. So they tolerated my rougery pretty well.

On 7/30/2016 at 5:59 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

I'm sorry but I'm way too interested not to ask. Why would leaving your game design career in Boston result in you potentially becoming a criminal? Was it a doing illegal things for money to get by on in the interim that you were considering or was it more of a going postal thing? :D Either way, I can totally relate to the thought process (not actions) on both accounts. You totally don't have to answer this question, but I'm amused either way. 

I was desperate for a way out of the wage slavery I had unwitting submitted myself to. I didn't know any other way. Until I found online business.

On 7/30/2016 at 8:41 PM, Rashad said:

What are your top ten values in life?

That's discussed in the life purpose course.

On 7/30/2016 at 1:11 AM, quantum said:

How many hours did you approximately spend on personal development? Just curious because of the 10,000 hours rule

I wouldn't even know how to start counting the hours.

On 7/30/2016 at 4:56 AM, Growf said:

What habit was the most difficult to kick/form?

TV and internet were pretty hard.

Bad food too.

Meditation was very challenging to start. And self-inquiry for enlightenment.

On 7/31/2016 at 4:24 AM, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura  Are you planning to finish the Blueprints section of the website?

Yes, but in the distant future. It needs a total revamp and lots of content.

On 8/1/2016 at 6:56 PM, MrPeak said:

You said something about going to college to study game programing. But yet you said in another video that you went to college to study philosophy. In another video you said you went to college to study Aerospace engineering. Which one is true? If you did study all of that, how did you do it? If you did'nt went to college to study one of the topics I manage above, than where did you get your knowledge?

I college is spent 2 years studying Aerospace engineering (which was basically just a bunch of math and science). Then I transferred to philosophy and graduated with that.

I learned programming (or rather scripting) on my own, outside of college because I was developing websites and games as a hobby.

16 hours ago, Thinh said:

Hi Leo, I'm 20 years old and I've watched about 30 to 40 videos in your list and I'm kinda see the pieces put together but I feel like I'm lost because there are too much of information. I want to ask you that where should I start in the journey? (sorry if there is any English mistakes).

Select one habit to install and spend a few months installing it.

Then do it again with a new habit.

And so on.

The life purpose course could be game-changer for you. Consider taking it and working it hard. I feel it's very foundational. It gives you a roadmap for the rest of your life.

11 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

@Leo Gura

Why did you quit pickup/game?

I have more important things to do with my time. I just can't justify wasting 4 hours per night in a noisy nightclub, as fun as it is sometimes. It's also emotionally taxing on me because I'm a heavy introvert and I don't like socializing. I can do it, but it feels unnatural and goes against my values.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Emerald Wilkins

On 28/07/2016 at 0:00 AM, Emerald Wilkins said:

@SaynotoKlaus Note: Probably don't do that. :D Can't self-actualize when you have a mob of parents after you with pitchforks and shotguns. 

I guess that would be an additional challenge :D

Edited by Lynnel

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

TV and internet were pretty hard.

Bad food too.

Meditation was very challenging to start. And self-inquiry for enlightenment.

@Leo Gura

When you say you kicked out the internet habit, do you mean that you only use it for work aka Actualized.org ? Don't you watch any other channels on youtube or any other online content?

I'm currently trying to stop losing my time online, but I always come up with excuses like "yeah but this channel is really helping me grow". Sometimes I feel like personal development is actually such a huge way to procrastinate, it's hard to differentiate between time well spent and time wasted when it comes to internet.

And for your meditation habit, I believe you said you spent one hour meditating each day, is it correct? What about self-inquiry? 

I currently spend around 30 minutes meditating in the morning, and 30 minutes doing self-inquiry at night, I feel like it's a good way to go about it. What do you think? Any tips?

Thanks for everything Leo!

@Leo GuraThank you so much for everything you have done until now, I hope you can keep doing your work on Actualized.org to help other.