A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Were there any other Youtube channel ideas that you came up with before settling on creating Actualized.org, or did the idea come to you as one whole inspiration? What were the other names you were debating on if any? Thanks. :) 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 4/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, Arik said:

@Leo Gura Who introduced you to enlightenment and what really hooked you onto your own journey? What told you right away that this wasn't just philosophy or far-out eastern fairy tales?

I read Jed McKenna's first book and immediately recognized what he was talking about because it fit with my own musing from years of epistemology study.

On 4/13/2016 at 1:19 AM, Bittu said:

What kind of gains have you gotten off meditation? How long do you meditate/visualize or enlighten yourself daily?

Lots of gains. It would take a long time to describe them all.

Here's brief list:

• More peace of mind
  • Purging of old neurotic emotions
  • One incredible enlightenment experience
  • Much greater self-awareness
  • More focus
  • More mindfulness
  • An entire direction for my life
On 4/13/2016 at 5:46 AM, Lorcan said:

What do you think of Alan Watts.

Haven't listened to him too much. He seems great.

On 4/13/2016 at 11:10 AM, Dummy said:

You could hire a grunt.

A grunt who can manage everything I manage would cost $200,000/yr.

On 4/13/2016 at 2:13 PM, Huz88 said:

@Leo Gura

why have you chosen to live in Las Vegas? What appeals to you there?

I moved here because of the insane nightlife. But I haven't gone out to the clubs in like 2 years now.

On 4/14/2016 at 5:17 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

@Leo Gura Were there any other Youtube channel ideas that you came up with before settling on creating Actualized.org, or did the idea come to you as one whole inspiration? What were the other names you were debating on if any? Thanks. :) 

No other ideas.

There were hundreds of names. I can't even remember any more. The problem is always finding the name available as a domain. All the good domains are taken. I got lucky in that the owner of Actualized.org let it expire the same month I came up with the name, and so I snatched it up! :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why don't you update your playlists on Youtube?

It's easier to find some of your content like this. Some might think, your playlist on enlightenment is all you've got and could miss a lot of important stuff. When I send your youtube playlist on enlightenment, I also send the free will video and say "and forget to watch this one as well... " 

It could be helpful!. 

Thank you for everything by the way!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

When filming do you have notes slightly to the left of your camera. 

I've noticed I fixate on your eye movmentent sometimes, which distracts me from your content (my fault, obviously) just curious, thanks :)

@Leo Gura You said in the thread that you don't want to change society, but why? Wasn't one of the goals that you mentioned in Actualised. org was that you can reach a stage of mastery where you can change peoples' lives?

Have you ever considered joining (these are not religions) Freemasons, Rosicrucians or similar organization?

Which video on your channel are you most proud of or stands out to you as the most valuable from your current point of view? 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Leo Gura Do you video your gameplay? I assume you play if you like game design. Musing while you play a game would be quite interesting to see. My ideal job would be to get to work for Ubisoft. I have a friend who was lucky enough to actually land a job with them.  

Plus your open honesty is very admirable. You aspire so many of us to change ourselves for the better with your videos. I might be able to live a fulfilled life thanks to your advice. Giving my thanks for all that you do man. 

@Leo Gura

I view myself as on a similar path to you. Shining the light of awareness on all of these different areas of my life, and then ultimately trying to shine that light back on itself.

I am experiencing radical change at the moment though. The person I am now is very different from the person I was 6 days ago and almost unrecognizable to the John six months ago. That's how big the gains are that I am making in terms of confidence, self esteem, relationship with women, self efficacy, introvert vs extrovert personality.. These are core things that seem to be in a constant state of flux in my life. I'm sure they must have been in yours as you progressed upwards? But you seem to thrive on this?

For me I deal with a lot of alienation, Loneliness, anxiety, isolation and even these feelings of depersonalization. Do you have any recommendations on how to embrace the change I am experiencing? How to frame it all? It's so overwhelming at times that I just have to rely on the fact that I've made it through before to give me hope that I'll make it through again. And I never seem to be able to relish in the reward. To get through it and say wow, now you have this confidence, you should be proud of yourself. No, it's more change, more flux, more alienation!

That was a ramble but I hope you understood what I was getting across, I'd really appreciate any response.. Peace out Leo, your videos are the best!

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

Hello, Leo.  Congratulations on bringing Enlightenment to the fore of the American Psyche.  I just watched your transcendent take on the Absurdity of Science vs Religion.  Your introduction of Graves was lucid and illuminating.  So, I would like to express my deepest gratitude for your ability to connect to your higher levels and to bring US and our SELVES~ kickingly and screamingly along~ to, at the very least, begin to understand that WE are our own God(s) and Godess(es), and that we create Reality by higher thought and purposeful introspection, and that~ indeed ~thought is the cornerstone to realizing Being and Enlightenment.

Many moons ago, as a young man in my early 20's, I answered a retail salesman position for a local waterbed store in the early 80's and their training program was entirely focused on the principles of VRA, or Visualization Realization Actualization.  I employed those principles then, and when I apply them consistently today, from a revenant planar perspective, I find that my Life, my Spirit, and my Mind are in sync and my Experiences in the here and now and future are less and less mysterious to me and I live a more ordered life.  I gain a higher learning path through visions and inner being.  I am more connected to the All in ALL.  I find my peace and understanding in the intangible realms, and would prefer to dwell there~~ rather than here in this time and space.

@Leo Gura are there any times when you eat something that is not as healthy at the diet you eat. Like a unhealthy snack etc

@Leo Gura In one of your videos you said you lived in Southern California for a while. What part was that? San Diego by any chance?

@Leo Gura

When I first found you I thought: " He is my first American guru whose teachings became a part of my life and who shares the same life vision with me". Today I just realized that we were born in the same country and you speak "my language" :), wow, I cracked the code, Leo. (У меня нет слов...)

I know you are busy, but if I get lucky, would you share what part of Russia you were born (city/region). 

I wonder how fluent you are in Russian.....

Thank you.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

I bet your parents moved in 1990-91 when you were around 5 or 6, means you are really a Russian native speaker, perhaps without an accent. Wow!!!! 

Edited by Galyna

@Galyna Your name is very common in Russia/ Ukraine. Are your roots from that part of the world?

@Natasha

Yes, I was born in Russia, east Siberia but living in US now

Edited by Galyna

@Galyna Yes :) Was born and raised in Odessa, Ukraine and moved to the U.S. when was 24. Can speak both Russian (my first language) and Ukrainian fluently too.