A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

I have a question , whats a  good method angle of approach to work on a fear of failure and rejection that  override common sense ?

Hey Leo, have you read the unabomber's manifesto? It's actually pretty interesting stuff, about how the demands of modern society, industrialization, and societal norms have taken man outside of his natural biological evolution, and thus caused modern man to suffer psychologically. He also says that primitive man were at much greater peace and fulfillment, because their needs were simpler and they were one with nature. The dude was crazy and dogmatic, yeah, but his ideas on modern society and why we have widespread mental illness is fascinating.

11 hours ago, 30secs said:

@Leo Gura

how tall are you? you know how to play basketball? :)

6'2"

Nope, I suck at basketball

5 hours ago, Paul EMD said:

@Leo Gura

When you say you kicked out the internet habit, do you mean that you only use it for work aka Actualized.org ? Don't you watch any other channels on youtube or any other online content?

I'm currently trying to stop losing my time online, but I always come up with excuses like "yeah but this channel is really helping me grow". Sometimes I feel like personal development is actually such a huge way to procrastinate, it's hard to differentiate between time well spent and time wasted when it comes to internet.

And for your meditation habit, I believe you said you spent one hour meditating each day, is it correct? What about self-inquiry? 

I currently spend around 30 minutes meditating in the morning, and 30 minutes doing self-inquiry at night, I feel like it's a good way to go about it. What do you think? Any tips?

Thanks for everything Leo!

I virtually watch nothing on Youtube, and I've blocked most websites on my PC. It's a huge distraction.

If I do sometimes find some good channel on Youtube, I will download the audios and listen to it on my own time.

But I do feed myself with TONS of educational information. Just not through such low-quality sources.

4 hours ago, Thinh said:

@Leo GuraThank you so much for everything you have done until now, I hope you can keep doing your work on Actualized.org to help other.

Welcome

3 hours ago, Beam said:

I have a question , whats a  good method angle of approach to work on a fear of failure and rejection that  override common sense ?

Stop doing, sit down, and just investigate the fears you have until you get to the rock-bottom beliefs and assumptions fueling them. You need to face the beliefs that create the fears.

Get to know your fears intimately.

1 hour ago, Frogfucius said:

Hey Leo, have you read the unabomber's manifesto? It's actually pretty interesting stuff, about how the demands of modern society, industrialization, and societal norms have taken man outside of his natural biological evolution, and thus caused modern man to suffer psychologically. He also says that primitive man were at much greater peace and fulfillment, because their needs were simpler and they were one with nature. The dude was crazy and dogmatic, yeah, but his ideas on modern society and why we have widespread mental illness is fascinating.

I have not. Sounds interesting. Of course that's basically true. He just took it personally. This is just how society is evolving.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura you said you still go to nightclubs. for what purpose? 

Edited by Irina Irina

A lot of people here are confused about what enlightenment really means. Some think it's simply the realization of your true nature. Others think it's that PLUS the alignment with your true nature over a lifetime. How do you precisely define enlightenment, Leo?

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

11 hours ago, Frogfucius said:

You can read his manifesto here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/unabomber/manifesto.text.htm

It's worth a read, and his insights still holds very much true 20 years later. Saying he took it personally is a great way of putting it.

Ive read the manifesto few years back and it is very interesting. The guy has some very good points.

On 8/2/2016 at 1:43 PM, Irina Irina said:

@Leo Gura you said you still go to nightclubs. for what purpose? 

Where did I say that?

On 8/2/2016 at 2:55 PM, jjer94 said:

A lot of people here are confused about what enlightenment really means. Some think it's simply the realization of your true nature. Others think it's that PLUS the alignment with your true nature over a lifetime. How do you precisely define enlightenment, Leo?

I dunno. It's a tricky issue. The depth that consciousness goes to is staggering. I don't know where it ends.

If your entire reality hasn't been turned inside-out forever, I'd hesitate to call it enlightenment.

4 hours ago, seaneyboyjazz said:

@Leo Gura What's your opinion on Ralph Smart (Infinite Waters) ? 

Haven't watched that much of him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Heyy leo 

I really dont know how consciousness works! can you explain, or will make a video about it in future? 

Why do you always wish if you started meditation young?And why do you say that on meditation only not Enlightenment?

Leo, do you enjoy watching sports? 

Generally, what are your thoughts on sports?

On 8/2/2016 at 4:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

I virtually watch nothing on Youtube, and I've blocked most websites on my PC. It's a huge distraction.

If I do sometimes find some good channel on Youtube, I will download the audios and listen to it on my own time.

But I do feed myself with TONS of educational information. Just not through such low-quality sources.

@Leo Gura

Besides your book list, could you give a few examples of high-quality sources of educational information? 

Thanks!

@Leo Gura

did you ever imagine someday having a family and the same time became a Yogi, I mean how that might work? thanks:)

who were the enlightened people you worked with so far?

do you recomend having a physically present teacher in this quest?

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Do you think Enlightenment work and meditation made you smarter?

If you were alone in a deserted tropical island and you could have just ONE book with you, what book would it be?

Leo, when strategizing for your life, how do you know which of the things you want are neurotic desires and which of your wants are authentic? Also how did you go about discovering yourself? Were there any traps you fell into?

Edited by Grant6