Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,418 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Shin please post updates if you have any. 

I'm still waiting on Georgia. 

Biden is really catching up to Trump in Georgia. Trump is currently up by 9,525 votes with about a 98-99% report. You guys, still believe Biden could likely win this?

Also, I am really nervous about Arizona now. 

@Hardkill yea Arizona has 450,000 ballots yet to be counted. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

AP called Arizona for Biden, AP is one of the most credible sources in America. While they did get 2000 Florida wrong, I don't see a repeat of that happening. It's a statistical possibility that Trump can catch Biden in Arizona, but very unlikely.

@Hansu I removed it to remove off topic comments. Too many distractors and trolls crowding the thread and not allowing election discussion. One particular troll is constantly making several new accounts and constantly talking about the media and hijacked the thread. 

Let Leo come online. 

Edited by Preety_India

1 minute ago, Hansu said:

How come the "Dont call me your sister" comment from Preety_india was removed? Was it by mods or by her?

Im just wondering because Leo has been very adamant on the "What you say here stays here, you only have a short period of time to edit your messages before its locked, you dont have that luxury in real life" attitude, but I have noticed that there has been tons and tons of comments removed from this forum, MAINLY from users that have +500 comments. Even comments that dont seem to break any rules have been removed, breaking vital comment chains. This shouldnt be possible if we lived by the "What you write, stays" rule.

If some mod feels like I am derailing the topic too much, remove my comment and answer me in PM. I simply want to discuss this, as this shady business on this forum has been going on for months now.

I do that quite often, it's called "hide message".

The reason is that on the mobile forum, sometimes you can't delete the quotes, not until the message has been posted.

So the only way to post without the quotes that you don't want to reply is to post, hide and repost.

So I think that's one of the main reason you see this, otherwise I don't see the point, cause mods can see everything anyway.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The only snowflake is Trump... crying like a baby

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Alright, which count’s do we need to win to win the vote?

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@Thewritersunion Arizona big time. 

Don't know how much time it will take. Nevada let's see how much time is remaining till vote count begins. And Pennsylvania. Georgia is very tight right now. 50 - 50 

What will Joe do to the economy after he is voted in btw?

Shall we start a separate thread for post election?

Going back to the 50's will not do any good to the country. Biden will create new jobs for the actual needs, not for what it was needed in the 40's or 50's

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Heres some relevant numbers from the Guardian, PA and Georgia look possible for Biden, NV looks like it can go either way -

State                Votes left to count (est.)%  Votes left      Current margin   Current leader

Georgia                                     1%                 50,000          +9,525                   Trump

North Carolina                         6%                 348,000       +76,701                   Trump

Pennsylvania                            11%               802,000       +90,144                 Trump

Nevada                                     24%               386,000       +11,438                  Biden

Alaska                                       50%                191,000      +54,610                  Trump

4 hours ago, Scholar said:

But why would Murdoch call AZ if he wasn't absolutely certain it was a win for Biden? It's not like these decisions are made on intuition, there is clear data backing it all up, no?

All predictive models are based on underlying assumptions. Based on their assumptions, they were 99%+ confident in their prediction - yet as new information arises, those assumptions could be slightly off - leading to a 90% confidence level.

For example: based on previous elections, exit polls and early returns - we might assume that Biden would get between 65-75% of VBM for a county. Yet as returns roll in, there is a difference between VBM that was received early and VBM received on election day. Perhaps nationwide Republicans discouraged VBM, yet Republicans in Arizona promoted early VBM such that Biden only wins 55%-65% vote by mail. When we update the predictive model, Biden's chance drops from 99% to 90%. This is below the threshold for calling a race, yet we wouldn't want to retract our call - because it would look awful. 

FoxNews and the AP have been using the most aggressive models and the first to call states. When they get it, they look great. Yet in this case, the call was premature. Biden is likely still the favorite, yet not enough to call the race. Rather than retract their call, FoxNews and the AP are being extra cautious on NV - they are waiting for the next AZ data release to confirm their call. 

3 minutes ago, Consept said:

Heres some relevant numbers from the Guardian, PA and Georgia look possible for Biden, NV looks like it can go either way -

State                Votes left to count (est.)%  Votes left      Current margin   Current leader

Georgia                                     1%                 50,000          +9,525                   Trump

North Carolina                         6%                 348,000       +76,701                   Trump

Pennsylvania                            11%               802,000       +90,144                 Trump

Nevada                                     24%               386,000       +11,438                  Biden

Alaska                                       50%                191,000      +54,610                  Trump

Stop counting, counting is fraud!

6 minutes ago, Hatfort said:

Stop counting, counting is fraud!

The funny thing is that even if they stopped counting right now, Biden would still win because he's ahead in Nevada, which is all he needs to win.