Leo Gura

Important! - Nobody On This Forum Is AWAKE

1,427 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Wilhelm44 said:

I respect Leo's work. Claiming to be the most awake person on the planet however is something i have heard Bentinho say too. Somehow the older guys like Adyashanti or Sadguru never made these claims. Something to ponder.

On 3/26/2023 at 9:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

That is the ultimate trap.

Let's see if you are clever enough to escape it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Oh god, I cannot handle seeing more notifications for this thread. Pls someone lock this thread before I lose my mind :S

Edited by LSD-Rumi

3 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

He's not completely wrong though. The problem is that he's stuck at the construct-aware stage. He makes a valid point, but only from that stage's point of view. But Leo is way past that. Leo understands what he's saying, but he's not limited to it.

You, on the other hand, are not construct-aware at all. So, while on the surface, it might seem like you and Leo share the same overall perspective, Leo has a lot more nuance. His perspective includes and transcends your perspective, literally, and so to speak. If you want to improve in this area, you should study relativity and improve your understanding of how language works. Basically, you need to become familiar with post-modernism.

More BS.  Maybe you're just stuck In a Leo worship stage.  Regardless - What do stages of ego development have to do with God realization?  Not a ton.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Leo has given plenty of warnings.

I can understand why people will argue, though. They clearly haven’t had any deep awakenings, so they can only communicate from an ignorant place. 

A deep mystical experience will humble you, if you choose to embrace it. That’ll suffice to begin to take this work seriously. 

Different people have different ideas about awakening. If they’re not allowed to express their unique views on it, what exactly is this forum for?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 hour ago, Squeekytoy said:

Doesn't sound very humble there mate 9_9

There’s a time and place to be humble, and a time to be serious as fuck. 

15 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Different people have different ideas about awakening. If they’re not allowed to express their unique views on it, what exactly is this forum for?

Go to a different forum then. Nobody is handcuffing you here.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

If you find yourself constantly rowing on the surface of imagination without reprieve, try another boat. Once you are across, release the boat back into the river, and thrive in the lucidity of being.

Imo you are simplifying a very difficult and tricky (copying the word of the king) problem: being human. Human is trauma. If you want to "heal" the trauma you have to heal the fact of being human. It's not so simple like change your perspective.

in spirituality they sell us that everything is simpler than it seems when it is much more complicated than it seems. you keep removing layers, and you keep finding fragmentation. It's not doing 5 meo , realizing something, and that's it. You have to solve the enigma that it means to be human. the original sin of the human, the enigma that is proposed to us: the lack of unity, or what is the same, the lack of love. You have to be an artist to get to the bottom of this, I'm not saying you're not, but humans are born with a default ability: fooling ourselves. that is our essence, the lie

Edited by Breakingthewall

22 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Well, then meditation doesn’t increase baseline state either. If you stop practicing for a year then… you’ll lose your gains. 

Baseline state is increased by a combination of practices, tools, and habits used on a regular basis. No single technique will increase baseline state. 

In my experience, meditation does raise baseline level of consciousness. And the gains don't go away if you stop meditating, at least not as quickly as you might think. It's similar to learning how to drive, once you have the skill, you won't likely forget it. But if you stop driving, you might lose some of your drifting skills and become more of a basic driver.

But it depends on how long you've meditated, the longer you've meditated, the deeper the effect. If you meditate for one week, you probably won't gain much to stay around for long in the first place, and you'll likely lose this minor gain, anyway.

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

More BS.  Maybe you're just stuck In a Leo worship stage.  Regardless - What do stages of ego development have to do with God realization?  Not a ton.  

It's not BS. Just open up your mind to the possibility that I might have a point instead of dismissing everything that I say. It's not my claim even. Watch the series made by Leo, or read the original research paper if you think I don't have any credibility.

About the worshipping thing, I don't dismiss a constructive feedback if there is any. If you think I'm worshipping Leo, please explain why you think so, and if you make at least one solid point, then I'll look into it.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

What exactly is the ultimate trap he was referring to ?

43 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Imo you are simplifying a very difficult and tricky (copying the word of the king) problem: being human. Human is trauma. If you want to "heal" the trauma you have to heal the fact of being human. It's not so simple like change your perspective.

in spirituality they sell us that everything is simpler than it seems when it is much more complicated than it seems. you keep removing layers, and you keep finding fragmentation. It's not doing 5 meo , realizing something, and that's it. You have to solve the enigma that it means to be human. the original sin of the human, the enigma that is proposed to us: the lack of unity, or what is the same, the lack of love. You have to be an artist to get to the bottom of this, I'm not saying you're not, but humans are born with a default ability: fooling ourselves. that is our essence, the lie

The conditioned mind holds two contradictory beliefs: 1) Reality is inordinately complex, 2) Reality can be comprehended. Neither of these beliefs is actually true.

Absolute reality is too simple and too deep for the mind to grasp. It is directly realized, or not at all. Thoughts, feelings, and perceptions are phenomenally blind to it. Until the absolute within the form realizes itself, it will misidentify with the person instead of being beyond it.

The only healing for the psyche is the harmony of absolute realization. The light of the absolute dissolves the conditioned attachments of the mind, leaving only the slightest attraction, like the sun being orbited by the earth, just enough to keep the system intact within the dream.

Direct realization doesn't require solving anything. It is all about dissolving.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Even though there is a lot of disagreement on this thread, myself included - I actually think this thread turned out net positive for most of us, and there are two things we can all agree on: 

1. There is no one standard "Awakening" or "Enlightenment" you can have. It's a broad spectrum with many facets, degrees, and depths. 

The Awakening you've experienced may be similar to others, but most likely won't be the exact same. There will be differences.

And,

2. You have to take Absolute Responsibly over the Sovereignty of your mind / consciousness. 

If you don't, there is no chance of you discovering the Truth for yourself. Whatever that Truth may be.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

20 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The conditioned mind holds two contradictory beliefs: 1) Reality is inordinately complex, 2) Reality can be comprehended. Neither of these beliefs is actually true.

Not agree because it's not the conditioned mind , is the fact of being human. 

you can have the realization of absolute infinity many times, but you are still human. unless you have the realization of the absolute 24/7 you are deluding yourself. reality is not simple, it is complex. Does the human mind seem simple to you? What is the purpose of this? reality is something that increases in complexity more and more. god is absolute complexity. You speak of a sensation, the grace of detachment, the end of Buddhist suffering achieved by letting go of ballast. This is fine, but so what? We are not plants, we are humans, we have more potential.

Btw, I'm not suffering, just bearable, I'm not moving for the negative, that's escaping of suffering, but the positive, realizing the wonder of reality

4 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Leo has given plenty of warnings.

I can understand why people will argue, though. They clearly haven’t had any deep awakenings, so they can only communicate from an ignorant place. 

A deep mystical experience will humble you, if you choose to embrace it. That’ll suffice to begin to take this work seriously. 

Most people claim to have "deep awakenings" by looking at their hands.

4 minutes ago, OldManCorcoran said:

Most people claim to have "deep awakenings" by looking at their hands.

Anything actual.  Look at it until you become actuality itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

Anything actual.  Look at it until you become actuality itself.

Staring at anything for too long cause my vision to get blurred after the sitting. Will I damage my eyes if keep this practice?

6 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Staring at anything for too long cause my vision to get blurred after the sitting. Will I damage my eyes if keep this practice?

You should see things begin to dance to and fro...side to side.  Like the dancing Buddha.   This shows the solidity of physical reality is a falsehood - and a dreamlike nature begins to be revealed. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

You should see things begin to dance to and fro...side to side.  Like the dancing Buddha.   This shows the solidity of physical reality is a falsehood - and a dreamlike nature begins to be revealed. 

@Inliytened1  You said that you achieved a lot regarding consciousness naturally, have you ever did mahasamadhi by stopping your heart with consciousness? Or what things did you experience naturally? You said Leo's mind would be blown, so tell me about some of these things

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

@Jowblob

I’m curious now.

Do we have a thread of “Sober Enlightenment “ without psychedelics or any substance?

10 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

@Jowblob

I’m curious now.

Do we have a thread of “Sober Enlightenment “ without psychedelics or any substance?

@CARDOZZO

Don't think so, i think @tuku747  is probably only of a few here that truly reached psychedelic states of consciousness naturally with meditation if he is speaking the truth.

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

How about the walls literally splitting open revealing a massive Aztec like face which warps and changes as your entire field of focus becomes absolute. Impossible shapes, bright colours shifting around. Hard, solid shapes. Reality is a consciousness. Not a human, not a physical experience but… a pure being with no limitations. 

Dancing Buddha is weak sauce

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

1) Reality is infinitely complex.

2) I have achieved complete comprehension of reality.

The only way to realize GOD is through comprehension. Comprehension is the whole game. Everything else is junk. You cannot meditate your way to comprehension. GOD is capable of fully comprehending itself. The only problem is that most humans never even bother to attempt it. Fools have brainwashed you into believing that comprehension is some ego thing. They could not be more wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.