A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

What do you think about getting in a serious relationship with a woman/getting married ? 

It can maybe guarantee you a more stable situation but on the other side, it's taking a lot of time so should it be considered as a distraction for someone who wants to self-actualize ?

My question might seem weird, but I'm curious about your opinion on this. I saw you answered to the same kind of question earlier but you didn't say how you felt about it personally.

Edited by The Harlequin
Lack of precision

@Leo Gura Can you talk a bit more about your video game development career? What made you quit on it? I am pursuing a career in the field and I would like to hear more about your experience. 

@Leo Gura You seem to be a very busy person. Why do you participate in discussions on this forum so actively? You have the most posts. Do you think you will be so active on this forum always, or are you very active only now, because the forum started working recently?

Edited by Naviy

Crazy! I'm the same way. Seldom do I have more then 4 songs from a band.

On 2/10/2016 at 1:28 PM, Leo Gura said:

I like music that's either moody or has strong melody.

So mostly: pop, some alternative rock, chillout, dance, club. I don't select music by genre or artist. I cherrypick individual songs that I happen to like and ignore the rest. I don't follow musicians or listen to their entire albums because most of the stuff in the album I will not like.

Your music tastes are exactly the same as mine :) Including the cherry picking, although sometimes an album will have more than one song I like. Do you have any favorite songs? 

What is your stance on anime? More chimpery?

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Leo Gura I am a high school student.

What are the things I'll walk away with If I complete your life purpose course?

How do you go about recording a video? Describe the process.
Do you write an article beforehand and read from it or do you have notes flying around?
How do you decide what topic is the video going to be on? Do you plan it beforehand or just whatever feels interesting this week?
Do you plan on changing the videos in some way and expand with new different content?

On 2/12/2016 at 7:47 AM, Endew said:

Hey Leo love your videos

If you could do it over would you do self-actualize d work first then improve your relationships or keep it the way you did it ,rsdn then self-actualize work. Assuming you couldn't do both at the sametime?

My focus has always been self-actualization, never relationships or sex. But that's just me. Even when I did pickup, I did it first and foremost to improve myself. Not for the girls.

On 2/12/2016 at 8:24 AM, Emerald Wilkins said:

To Leo: What do you believe your biggest barrier is to achieving full-blown, permanent enlightenment?

I believe that mine is fear of letting go and relinquishing control, but I was curious what yours is. :) 

Actualized.org

On 2/12/2016 at 9:53 AM, Paul Thomas said:

Do you want to have child(s) some day? Why? / Why not?

Maybe. Not sure about that yet.

On 2/12/2016 at 10:38 AM, The Harlequin said:

What do you think about getting in a serious relationship with a woman/getting married ? 

It can maybe guarantee you a more stable situation but on the other side, it's taking a lot of time so should it be considered as a distraction for someone who wants to self-actualize ?

My question might seem weird, but I'm curious about your opinion on this. I saw you answered to the same kind of question earlier but you didn't say how you felt about it personally.

I think relationships are great, if you can find the right match and if you know what you're doing.

Are they are distraction from finding your authentic self? Absolutely.

On 2/12/2016 at 0:01 PM, David Miller said:

What are your thoughts about the third eye and Shakras?

I'm not really passionate about either.

(Which should not be interpreted as meaning they are bad or wrong or useless concepts.)

On 2/13/2016 at 8:46 PM, danilofaria said:

@Leo Gura Can you talk a bit more about your video game development career? What made you quit on it? I am pursuing a career in the field and I would like to hear more about your experience. 

I talk a lot about it in the life purpose course.

On 2/13/2016 at 3:48 AM, Naviy said:

@Leo Gura You seem to be a very busy person. Why do you participate in discussions on this forum so actively? You have the most posts. Do you think you will be so active on this forum always, or are you very active only now, because the forum started working recently?

I like teaching people.

Will I always be this active? Probably not, so enjoy it while it lasts ;)

22 hours ago, Phrae said:

What is your stance on anime? More chimpery?

It's not the activity, it's the chimp behind the activity that's the problem.

19 hours ago, Abhijeeth said:

@Leo Gura I am a high school student.

What are the things I'll walk away with If I complete your life purpose course?

All the things mentioned on the sales page of the course.

Most importantly: your life purpose!

12 hours ago, Abhijeeth said:

Leo , could you tell us your daily routines?

Perhaps in the future. It's nothing fancy though.

12 hours ago, Neuroticon said:

How do you go about recording a video? Describe the process.
Do you write an article beforehand and read from it or do you have notes flying around?
How do you decide what topic is the video going to be on? Do you plan it beforehand or just whatever feels interesting this week?
Do you plan on changing the videos in some way and expand with new different content?

So you wanna know what's in the secret sauce, eh? Perhaps in the future.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Actualized.org

It must take up a lot of your time. My time is monopolized by having children, so I guess this is my biggest barrier in that sense. At this point, I wouldn't be able to do a retreat because they are so little. Even carving out an hour a day for meditation is a bit of an ordeal. But fear of letting go of control is my biggest psychological barrier.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins You'll grow bored and tired of that fear with a few years of diligent practice. It starts to get old and tedious.

Letting go of control is actually what you secretly desire most. You just fear the unknown territory that will put you in.

It's impossible to will surrender. It will come about after enough of hitting your head against the brick wall.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Is there something you know you should be doing in your life but not doing it? if so what
and
Whats the biggest thing holding your goals back?

@Leo Gura What is your approach on meeting people in real life who are stuck doing low consciousness behaviors?

I ask this question because I can't help but pretend that I'm in low consciousness myself whenever other people are around. Is it the right thing for me to reveal to them what I'm doing with my life the next time I get the opportunity?

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald Wilkins You'll grow bored and tired of that fear with a few years of diligent practice. It starts to get old and tedious.

Letting go of control is actually what you secretly desire most. You just fear the unknown territory that will put you in.

It's impossible to will surrender. It will come about after enough of hitting your head against the brick wall.

I'm hoping this will happen sooner than later. I'm a very tenacious person, for better and worse. So, I tend to stress myself out needlessly or get involved in fantasy land to escape from the needlessly created stress. Just a few days ago, I started to suspect that it is my ego's way of generating distracting thoughts to keep me from seeing through the illusions that it spins. Surrender as a concept, has been popping up very synchronistically in different facets of my life recently.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Whats your opinion on all the "woo-woo" you can find in the spiritual enviroment?
Did your rational mind ever had problems with this?

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

Leo do you think you are too good to the people here...to us? :D

You have created so much stuff for us and you also answer questions about life coaching...and now you even answer all kinds of random questions in this thread and give so much of your valuable time to us! Actually I am pretty surprised of how nice and generous you are to your students! What a great teacher!