Gneh Onebar

Adeptus Psychonautica about Connor Murphy and Actualized

196 posts in this topic

@Osaid @Inliytened1 Awakening vs. Enlightenment. :)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

47 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I don't feel Tolle, Sadhguru, or Mooji are a joke. 

Dude, you have no clue what hell and ungrounded states people like Tolle, Sadhguru, or Mooji went through in their awakening process.

If any of these people live-streamed their entire spiritual journey, you would think of them as insane lunatics. With these old-ass gurus you're only seeing the end result of a 30 or 40 year process. Connor is showing you a bit of the actual process for a young, arrogant, materialistic guy like himself.

Did you know that Peter Ralston used to jump off a rooftop and make his students catch him, otherwise he would kill himself if they did not? Did you know that Sadhguru handled pounds of raw mercury in the building of his temple in India which probably gave him terrible mercury poisoning that almost killed him? Did you know that Tolle was suicidally depressed and on the verge of killing himself? Did you know that Shinzen Young was a hardcore drug addict?

Imagine THAT live-streamed.

Exactly.

It's beyond foolish to judge another's spiritual journey in the way that Adeptus does.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Respect on the Leo reply.  Adeptus...I don't know if he is ready to listen listen to you. You two don't have a lot of trust right now. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Leo Gura Honestly, even this reply has made me feel a lot better about my relationship to you. Thank you brother!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

- Bring back Conor Murphy! Someone tell him to start posting here more!

- Great long post @Leo Gura 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Did you know that Sadhguru handled pounds of raw mercury in the building of his temple in India which probably gave him terrible mercury poisoning that almost killed him?

You're going a bit skew there. Mercury is a powerful tool for healing. There is a very particular technique to taking mercury, if you don't follow that technique, you could kill yourself. If you follow that technique properly, you could solve your fatigue problem.

People who don't know, and are closed minded to the process frame it illegitimately as you have done here. But that's not fair. Its as unfair as what this dude has done to you.

11 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Mercury is a powerful tool for healing

What are you talking about dude? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

18 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

You're going a bit skew there. Mercury is a powerful tool for healing. There is a very particular technique to taking mercury, if you don't follow that technique, you could kill yourself. If you follow that technique properly, you could solve your fatigue problem.

People who don't know, and are closed minded to the process frame it illegitimately as you have done here. But that's not fair. Its as unfair as what this dude has done to you.

Whatever the technical reasons, Sadhguru almost killed himself (by his own admission) and when he went to doctors they ran tests on him and told him that he should be dead. It took him a long time to recover and heal.

By any conventional standard the practices Sadhguru did would be considered suicidal. His own wife committed spiritual suicide for fuck's sake.

@electroBeam What are you even arguing about?? You are completely skirting the point.

I am merely re-stating what Sadhguru himself has said publicly. If you dispute these claims, take it up with him.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Interesting framing.

So if I supported Connor Murphy, I would be a monster enabling a false god. And if I say that he's going down the road of Zen devilry, then it is "strange" and I'm also to blame for creating him. Even though I have an entire video explaining the dangers of Zen devilry.

Heads I win, tails you lose.

My teachings are not an ideology and being God is not an ideology. I have no idea what Connor Murphy is doing and I have never endorsed whatever he's doing. Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea he even watches me. And just cause he watches a few of my videos means nor says nothing. You have no idea who else he might be following, what books he might be reading, etc.

It's also not a good idea to judge Connor's psychological state too much. He's clearly going through a spiritual process, which he is recording live, so of course it will not look stable or "proper" the way that people expect.

Keep in mind, if Eckhart Tolle live-streamed his awakening as it happened, everyone would be saying that Tolle has lost his mind and needs professional help. There's no reason why Connor cannot stabilize and become a solid teacher some years down the road once he gets some of the Zen devilry out of his system.

Nobody is born as a solid spiritual master. You become a master by going through decades of trail and error and spiritual mistakes.

Judging Connor's process is not very wise. Let the man go through whatever he needs to go through. Connor is recording the actual process of waking up. It's a brutal process. I experience similar pushback from people when I release raw, unedited videos of my process. Any deviation from propriety is ridiculed and judged. People expect you to be like Eckhart Tolle or Sadhguru, all happy and calm. Which is a joke.

Which is why I have no interest any more in releasing raw, honest footage of my own process. People will just ridicule it and not understand. People don't want raw honesty, they want fake spiritual perfection.

As far as the theatrics, gimmickry, and business schemes that Connor engages in -- none of that aligns with my teachings.

Also, I should say, this Adeptus guy is strawmanning the shit out of my spiritual realizations. I have never claimed to be any kind of messiah nor have I ever claimed that I can heal all of mankind through miracles. His portrayal of my insights is basically slander.

Everything I said in my spiritual videos is still true:

• I am God (but so are you)
  • I have been more conscious than most spiritual teachers or gurus
  • Psychic abilities are real
  • Healing is real and possible, although of course it is not a power the ego controls and it will not magically heal the whole world. When I spoke about these powers I clearly said this is still something I'm exploring and struggling to develop.

These claims are not so crazy. Any serious spiritual practitioner understands that claims #1, #3, and #4 are obviously correct. They might dispute claim #2, but, oh well, that's just a common spiritual dispute that every spiritual person has at some point.

I have not backtracked on any "psychic superpower nonsense" because siddhis are not nonsense -- they are a well-known aspect of spiritual work which has existed among serious spiritual practitioners since the dawn of time. What's nonsense is Adeptus' absurd strawmanning of a guy who mentions siddhis. That is coming from a place of arrogance,  ignorance, and closedmindedness. I have in fact NEVER claimed to have supernatural powers. But I know people who do and I know they can be developed by certain people (not even necessarily me). My work and teachings have NEVER been about supernatural powers or showing off in the manner of Connor Murphy.

Adeptus misunderstand what happened with me. It's not that I backed off of anything I said. It's simply that when I said those things I discovered states of consciousness that virtually no human has ever accessed and I said things in a raw fashion as part of showing people the raw work that I was in the middle of doing. But when I show raw work like that, people now expect me to be unhinged forever, but of course, in fact I'm very well grounded and they are shocked when they see me come back the next week or month and record very grounded videos, taking this to mean that I'm contradicting myself when in fact I've just integrated the raw realizations from before -- as you're supposed to do.

The thing to understand is this: When I show a video of a raw awakening or a post-retreat debrief, I'm not in a fully grounded state (of course), and this is shown to the viewer specifically to give you a taste of what this work feels like because otherwise the viewer gets the false impression that this work is always grounded and that I am some stoic, emotionless, autistic robot. Our of 300+ of my grounded videos, Adeptus cherrypicks 2 raw live awakening videos and a pre-retreat and post-retreat video that came after an intense 30 straight days of 5-MeO-DMT, to demonize my entire teaching and build his biased narrative. Watch the other 300+ videos for context. And if you dare, let's see how your first video will look after 30 straight days of 5-MeO-DMT breakthroughs. I'll bet you'll be a bit emotional and glowing with insight. I sacrificed myself for the sake of psychedelic science and this is the shit I get from my fellow psychonauts? Not only do I get shit from non-psychonauts about this non-stop, now I have to deal with shit from psychonauts too?

Adeptus, if you read this, please stop with your whiteknight routine. I know you mean well, but you're getting carried away with your good-guy act and you are unwittingly slandering my work. My work is more grounded than your rants, so please spare me the outrage. Connor Murphy is his own man and I am not responsible for whatever zany shit he decides to do. I will however email Connor and try to have a talk with him about the dangers of presenting these ideas to the public so that awakening, psychedelics, and "I am God" are not mis-perceived by the public. I very much care about that. Whether he will even listen to me is questionable. I am not his daddy and to frame me that way is irresponsible in and of itself. This guy is a total stranger to me. He's not any kind of formal student of mine. What you're doing is akin to someone watching your YouTube videos about psychedelics, taking a massive dose of 1000ug LSD, jumping out the window, killing himself, and then people blaming you for it because, hey, Adeptus told him that psychedelics are good, despite all the warnings you issued. That's exactly what you're doing to me in the name of playing a whiteknight with your moral outrage. Excuse me, but who died and made you the Pope of psychedelics? Just because someone has a different process than you with psychedelics that you disagree with does not make you right nor does it give you the moral high ground to judge them for it. You don't like me enjoying 5-MeO-DMT in a bathtub? You think that's dangerous? Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. You have no clue of my actual situation when I did that.

Psychedelics are dangerous. Spiritual work is dangerous. I've always said that. In the hands of a fool psychedelics and/or spiritual work can get you killed. But the Truth is the Truth regardless. The Truth is, psychedelics can show you that you are God. And it doesn't matter how many people get killed, the Truth will always remain the Truth.

Also: Connor Murphy was NOT banned from the forum. Some of his posts were so self-promotional (promoting donations to his Patreon account) that our good Mods were right to moderate some of it. He is still free to post here and he has not contacted me personally for advice. If he did, I would gladly offer it. But I would never presume to go around telling another teacher or YouTuber how to run his business. I didn't give Connor advice because I didn't feel he would be receptive to it.

All of the above is so obvious that I hardly feel it needs to be stated. I have never felt a need to state it until now, but now I'm forced to state it because clearly people like Adeptus got some really wrong ideas about my teachings and how spiritual development works and now I feel I have to publicly correct this slander and strawmanning. It's bad enough that my work is slandered by all sorts of ignorant noobs, materialists, and religious fundamentalists -- I expect that -- but when my work is slandered by a fellow psychonaut who should have a deep understanding of the trickeries of this work -- that leaves me disappointed. Since day one of my teachings I have always spoken out about the dangers and traps of psychedelics, spiritual work, ideology, cults, and self-deception. I have always steered people away from irresponsible use of psychedelics and Zen devilry.

The bottom line is this: give a man some room to spiritually develop without breathing down his neck and telling him everything he's doing wrong. That is, if you're truly compassionate and care about his development. But if you want to create sensational YouTube rant videos, I guess that's another matter. But if you care about truth, be careful how your mind constructs convenient narratives to explain away stuff like what's going on with Connor Murphy. The bottom line is that you have no idea what he's going through and what the right process is for him.

If you, Adeptus, ever want to correct the record, I'm more than happy to explain all this publicly with you. My work is grounded and it will always remain grounded and I will always condemn teachings and teachers which are ungrounded.

But of course, there truly is no ground ;)

wowww the first essay post by leo in months! (years??)

this is delicious:x

It's Love.

I sacrificed myself for the sake of psychedelic science and this is the shit I get from my fellow psychonauts? Not only do I get shit from non-psychonauts about this non-stop, now I have to deal with shit from psychonauts too?

Being a psychonaut does not entail maturity or understanding. In fact, most are metaphysically clueless/confused, as you know. 

Which is why I have no interest any more in releasing raw, honest footage of my own process. People will just ridicule it and not understand.

Why not post such videos on your blog where like-minds who get the context can view? It’s 100% expected that you’ll receive the exact kind of reactions you got from your previous live awakenings when they’re posted on YouTube for a bunch of complete randoms and noobs to see. To expect otherwise would be totally naive. 

I can't say I 100% disagree with everything Adeptus is saying though. I think his cautious route is valid as well.  

Edited by Lyubov

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Whatever the technical reasons, Sadhguru almost killed himself (by his own admission) and when he went to doctors they ran tests on him and told him that he should be dead. It took him a long time to recover and heal.

By any conventional standard the practices Sadhguru did would be considered suicidal. His own wife committed spiritual suicide for fuck's sake.

@electroBeam What are you even arguing about?? You are completely skirting the point.

I am merely re-stating what Sadhguru himself has said publicly. If you dispute these claims, take it up with him.

I just didn't initially see how your examples were examples of destabilization or something wrong or bad or out of the ordinary. It just seemed like normal parts of the path. Like for example his wife attained mahasamadhi, that's not weird or suicidal, that's just a normal part of the path. Its not bad or wrong or suicidal. I don't see why you're doing the spiritual path unless you're at least open to mahasamadhi (or spiritual suicide as you call it).

But I see in the bigger context when we bring normies into it, it can seem super weird and strange. I didn't take that into account and apologise for doing that.

34 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

Why not post such videos on your blog where like-minds who get the context can view?

I will be demonized for it anyway.

I have already bent over backwards for you guys and mostly what I get is demonized for doing so. There is no incentive for deep truthful teachings.

17 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Like for example his wife attained mahasamadhi, that's not weird or suicidal, that's just a normal part of the path.

Sadhguru was accused of killing his wife in the paper!

"Godman Charged With Wife's Murder" was the headline.

And to this day people accuse him of it.

https://sadhgurukilledhiswife.wordpress.com

If Adeptus did a video on Sadhguru, he would be calling him a wife-murderer.

This is what happens when arrogant and ignorant people start judging spiritual people. An ignorant person cannot see "mahasamdhi", he can only see murder. He cannot see siddhis, he can only see delusion. Because anything outside his paradigm is either insane, delusional, criminal, or evil.

If Adeptus careful listened to my epistemological teachings he might understand the traps he's falling into with his rash judgments and moralizations. It's a basic error of failing to account for the relativity of perspectives.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sadhguru was accused of killing his wife in the paper!

And to this day people accuse him of it.

If Adeptus did a video on Sadhguru, he would be calling him a wife-murderer.

This is what happens when arrogant and ignorant people start judging spiritual people. An ignorant person cannot see "mahasamdhi" he can only see murder. Because anything outside his paradigm is either insane, delusional, or criminal.

oh boy, those people can't see a lot more then mahasamadhi.

those people can't even see eye to eye with themselves, in a huge way. The fight between islam and christianity, conservatives and liberals, scientists and christians, different races. If they can't even sort that out, good luck sorting out mahasamadhi.

The saving grace is you aren't their only enemy. Their plate is full, they've just got a tad bit of room for you. They have themselves to worry about.

The idea of getting away with spiritual teachings criticism free is laughable. You can't even get away with normie things without massive uproar, forget it for spiritual teachings.

And their attention span can't maintain themselves enough to criticise you in a persistent way anyway because they don't meditate.

Edited by electroBeam

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I will be demonized for it anyway.

@Leo Gura totally get that you don’t wanna be demonized for your raw content.  But your psychedelic videos on YouTube and your blog really helped me, giving myself permission to explore different states and different substances in a somewhat safe way.

How about posting some of your more raw content on Patreon. So you can only talk to your core audience. Plus the pepole that are willing to pay are the pepole that probably most appreciate your content already.

6 minutes ago, Mel B said:

How about posting some of your more raw content on Patreon. So you can only talk to your core audience. Plus the pepole that are willing to pay are the pepole that probably most appreciate your content already.

Oh, you mean so that Adeptus can just log into my Patreon and grab screenshots for his next rant like he did with Connor Murphy?

No thanks

You should know, I keep the best shit only to myself ;)

Sorry, your fellow ignorant humans spoiled it for ya. You will only be taught up to the level that your fellow humans can stomach. And really, we've exceeded that level a few years ago on this channel.

@Leo Gura you never cared about other people ranting about you before, why now? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

4 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura you never cared about other people ranting about you before, why now? 

Just setting the record straight because it hinders my ability to do my work and have my desired impact.

You see, the way this game works is that my work will be demonized to the point that it has no impact on larger cultural. Which is exactly how a devil treats truth. All a devil has to do to win the battle against truth is to smear the truth with his own shit.