Matt Skinner

Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19

398 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The flu can have very strong mind-altering effects. Maybe he comes out of it awake. 

No wayyyyyy !!!!!!

tenor (1).gif

1 hour ago, Amadeusz said:

I want to ask: where's the love? I know that trump is the devil, but who isn't? I feel a little bit of uhealthy hatred here towards Trump.

tenor (2).gif

CDC COVID-19 Survival Rates

Age 0-19 — 99.997%
Age 20-49 — 99.98%
Age 50-69 — 99.5%
Age 70+ — 94.6%

I don't like to argue about wearing masks or not but as a guy who has always been into science, survivial of the fittest, natural selection, and psychology, it seems like a lot of the response to this virus such as taking away kid's childhoods is doing more damage than the virus itself.  To me it seems like an over-reaction when the better idea would be to make sure high risk people try to take extra precautions and open society back up. I just wonder how long a vaccine will take, how effective it will be, and how long they expect kids to learn from home and people to wear masks and social distance and shut all of society down, and how many people will be psychologically affected by it versus how many people we save. I see far too many progressives that have taken this lockdown stuff and ran with it as though their position is gospel, the only right position, and anyone who challenges or questions it is evil or immoral. 

I've even heard articles that say this is the new normal, that when we go on a bus or into a store we are just going to have masks on... forever. Um, no, not happening, sorry. I like to do a cost benefit analysis before I take certain actions and to me this is a gross over-reaction to something that mostly affects people in nursing homes. I won't reply to any criticism of this post because I've tried with progressives in the past and get nowhere. I just wanted to give my opinion. :)

Edited by sholomar

1 hour ago, Amadeusz said:

I want to ask: where's the love? I know that trump is the devil, but who isn't? I feel a little bit of uhealthy hatred here towards Trump.

It’s unavoidable when discussing such matters. Many people’s survival and livelihoods are greatly affected by him so such a situation will create some friction.

24 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

@Opo You don't need to try and control another person's views or reactions. Focus on yourself. 

Lol

What? 

Edited by Opo

1 hour ago, Willie said:

It may seem a bit much, but it’s necessary. Trump has consistently shown throughout his life, not only this past year, that he is incapable of empathizing. Losing in the polls, having his tax returns leaked, and catching COVID-19 all in quick succession are all good things for him. Those who lack empathy do all they can to manipulate and stay on top, but eventually they suffer too like everyone they affected along the way. In Trump’s case, it’s happening very bigly.

Agree very bigly. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

To be honest I think the tone in here has been alright. We really only had one mean green comment wanting to see judgement and punishment laid out on Trump. You should see twitter. Mean green is having a field day.

Edited by Lyubov

Trump is old, obese, and never exercises.  But yet he has mild symptoms.   Maybe this shows that the governments of the world  have grossly overreacted to a mild virus, which has created massive damage and suffering for billions of people.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Lyubov  you'd agree that sometimes a mean green is necessary to yank out a mean orange. :P:P

This news has taken the concept of Karma to a whole new level. I don't wish harm on him and I wish him a speedy recovery but it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who said Covid was a democratic hoax. 

It feels Covid has some artificial intelligence to it, the virus tends to hog the pandemic deniers more frequently. 

Edited by Preety_India

30 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

To be honest I think the tone in here has been alright. We really only had one mean green comment wanting to see judgement and punishment laid out on Trump. You should see twitter. Mean green is having a field day.

Also, this is like once in a lifetime chance for us self-actualizers, this thread's been pure gold till now in reflecting upon The DJ Trump, he's not catching the mf RONA back anytime soon.

tenor (3).gif

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

Trump is old, obese, and never exercises.  But yet he has mild symptoms.   Maybe this shows that the governments of the world  have grossly overreacted to a mild virus, which has created massive damage and suffering for billions of people.

Its a 14 day incubation, too early to tell how this will go... 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

Covid has something like a %1 to %5 mortality rate , whereas something like the flu has closer to a %0.1 mortality rate. But considering that he's one of the most priveledged people in the country, his chances of surviving are going to be much higher than a poor or working class person without the means to get treatment from our pay-to-access Health Care system.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

33 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Its a 14 day incubation, too early to tell how this will go... 

Good point.  If Trump really gets sick, the election could become even more uncertain.  What if Pence had to take over?   I don’t see why progressives are celebrating this.  As of yesterday, Biden was going to win.  Now there is an October surprise with the possibility of changing the dynamics.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

It feels Covid has some artificial intelligence to it, the virus tends to hog the pandemic deniers more frequently. 

It's because they don't wear masks or socially distance. 

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

So, Biden and his wife tested negative for COVID-19....

Nice. 

4 hours ago, Opo said:

Trump was once an innocent child and if you grew up in the same environment you would be the same. 

:x

3 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Politically, I imagine the Trump campaign will try to portray it as mild symptoms, even if the symptoms are relatively severe. Anything less that a ventilator, they could probably frame as mild symptoms and how strong the president is. They could then use that to strengthen the frame that it's just "a bad flu" and the economy needs to re-open. Yet they would need to be careful not to be too callous. There are a lot of people that have been impacted by the virus - healthwise and financially. Most Americans are living paycheck to paycheck.

Whether there has been an over-reaction is difficult to conclude, since we don't know what a lesser-reaction would have been. We don't know what would have happened if there weren't shutdowns, social distancing and efforts for mask wearing. For all we know, a billion people could have been infected with 10s of millions of deaths and people saying "Maybe the governments of the world grossly under-reacted to a severe virus, which has created massive damage and suffering for billions of people".

It’s remarkable that he got away with virtually everything for 7 decades. Talk about unfair. People do years in jail for weed. It’s just unbelievable how he manages to get squirm through all of his fuck ups. Makes me question karma sometimes. It’s all relative of course.