Matt Skinner

Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19

398 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, ajai said:

He being the only starboy of his own Dope Show, ;)

Oh no, we all create it.

Why, though? Another 4 years will just indicate that we need our master's degree in Trump, a bachelor's just wasn't enough.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Tim R

3 hours ago, Tim R said:

So, if this was just a strategic move, what would be the goal?

(more/stronger) sympathy from his supporters? Playing the victim? Blaming the liberals for celebrating and thus polarizing both sides even more? 

On the other hand, if this is legit and he's actually infected - what would happen if it killed him? 

A power vacuum so big it drags everybody in to fill that empty space, and this will test the integrity of all involved.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's a hoax. Nothing to see here. It affects virtually nobody. Fake president, fake virus, fake reality. It all makes sense

We should ban you for spreading conspiracies !!! :ph34r: Down with the ruler!!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I mean, I'm trying to watch the debate, but it's so cringeworthy that I don't think I will be able to finish it.
I don't know how Biden does this, I would just throw something at him.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 hour ago, Zega said:

I can see him getting better from this and saying, "See? It isn't that bad."
I wonder how it's going to affect him.

I see Covid damaging his lungs but not killing him, instead turning him into sleepy Trump. 

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

I see Covid damaging his lungs but not killing him, instead turning him into sleepy Trump. 

The flu can have very strong mind-altering effects. Maybe he comes out of it awake. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I mean, I'm trying to watch the debate, but it's so cringeworthy that I don't think I will be able to finish it.
I don't know how Biden does this, I would just throw something at him.

If I was Biden, in the next debate I would call him out explicitly for behaving like an animal.

"You're not a president, you're an animal."

"There you go again, being an animal."

"There can't be a policy discussion with an animal."

"Folks at home, the choice is simple: if you want an animal in the Whitehouse, vote for him. Otherwise, vote for me."

Mic drop

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If I was Biden, in the next debate I would call him out explicitly for behaving like an animal.

"You're not a president, you're an animal."

"There you go again, being an animal."

"Folks at home, the choice is simple: if you want an animal in the Whitehouse, vote for him. Otherwise, vote for me."

Mic drop

That's too aggressive for the suburban women. 

If Biden stays calm people will get to that conclusion on their own. 

@Leo Gura I already envision the elections from 2052 where I would bet my money that Leo would be running for the withe house! 100% Leo will run at some point in his life for president 100%

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even though it would be true, you would get accused of name-calling and voters would have a hard time seeing the difference between the two of you. This is why politics is so difficult - highly conscious people are not drawn to it because they will have to behave like animals. Catch 22.

If there was any catch that could allow for wise people to compete with devils on their own terms, then there would be a chance. Unfortunately, I don't think that there is one.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

15 minutes ago, Opo said:

That's too aggressive for the suburban women. 

If Biden stays calm people will get to that conclusion on their own. 

Biden could play it off smooth, like:

"Listen here, Jack. You're actin' like an animal again and the people at home don't dig it. I gotta call it like it is, man. I'm not tryin' to be mean folks, but look at him. Just look at him. I'm just sayin' what we're all seeing up here."

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden could play it off smooth, like:

"Listen here, Jack. You're actin' like an animal again and the people at home don't dig it. I gotta call it like it is, man."

Jabs are good, but anything more than that is risky. 

He should learn a couple of one-liners. 

Edited by Opo

"My hairy legs for president 2020!"

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Says the guy whose name means "lion". God is funny. 

The most powerful solvent for devilry is direct truth. It's like yanking Trump's pants down.

Trump weasels out any time the truth is not directly thrown in his face.

Debating him on policy is pointless. You just gotta confront him point-blank on his devilry. Right to his face.

"Everyone around you knows that you behave like a devil. Do you deny it? Shall we go down the list of every act of devilry you committed in the last 4 years?"

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like yanking Trump's pants down.

Bleach my eyes. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

22 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

calling him straight ahead a devil would be more effective, then.

No because most people would perceive that as demonization. Mainstream people do not understand our technical use of the term devil.

Animal or clown is better. Biden should not have apologized for calling him a clown. Clown is the perfect term.

Biden also needs to call him a malignant narcissist, con artist, and sociopath. All these terms hit the bullseye. Repeat these terms over and over again a dozen times in each debate.

And "a failure". Keep calling Trump a failure. This is like a dagger in his heart that will drive him apeshit.

"You are a failure in business"

"You are a failure in healthcare"

"You are a failure in diplomacy"

"You are a failure in trade"

"You are a failure at the environment"

"You are a failure at civil rights"

"You are a failure in women's rights"

"You are a failure at immigration"

"You are a failure in tax policy"

"You are a failure as a husband"

"You are a failure as a father"

"You are a failure as a friend"

"You are a failure as a citizen"

"You are a failure as a president"

"You are a failure at golf"

"You are a failure at every single thing you've ever done other than bullshitting people. And even that has now failed. And the proof of it is all the over-compensating you do."

"Everything you call winning is actually just failure."

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No because most people would perceive that as demonization. Mainstream people do not understand our technical use of the term devil.

Would most people feel bad about demonizing him though? Calling Trump a devil would throw his supporters in a loop that's for sure. ;)

Him and his supporters will not hesitate to call Biden these things. They are the lowest common denominator who set the rules, so, yeah....

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

2 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Him and his supporters will not hesitate to call Biden these things.

Yes, but that's precisely the thing we want to avoid: demonization from the classic Christian perspective.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but that's precisely the thing we want to avoid: demonization from the classic Christian perspective.

Out of curiosity, why? Is it about preserving our values of political correctness and not being the one who enters the pigsty to fight the pig or something?

Trump may need some good old Stage Blue demonization to beat. He could be an example of a Stage Red person who takes advantage of Stage Green political correctness.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee