Matt Skinner

Donald Trump has tested positive for COVID-19

398 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

If there are coronavirus RNA molecules present, how did they get there without a viral infection? 

It is possible to detect RNA fragments from other viruses which may be the same base sequence but are known to be not exclusive to the SARS-Cov-2 virus ie the false positive test. Heres some info on this:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30453-7/fulltext

15 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Corpus he's on the way to the hospital ?‍♂️

The clinical behaviour in Trumps case, if what we have been told is accurate, would suggest he has the real McCoy.  

3 minutes ago, louhad said:

Think about all of the trumpists and think about some young intelligent stage red devils salivating at the idea of exploiting that niche... I don't think his death would be the end of trumpism tbh.... it might evolve to be even worse

That is always possible, but not likely because there is no one quite like him, and also because the public will have a very source taste left in their mouth for narcissists for decades to come. It will be similar to how Germany reacted post-Hitler.

The country will not be in the mood to elect some new Trump copycat.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

That is always possible, but not likely because there is no one quite like him, and also because the public will have a very source taste left in their mouth for narcissists for decades to come. It will be similar to how Germany reacted post-Hitler.

Don't you mean 'sour' taste?

Now the country will want to elect someone completely opposite of Trump to get a breath of relief. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

What he meant is that certain traits are not merely because of childhood influence or environment but also genetically inherited from parents. 

In this case it implies that since Trump is a narcissist, this might have been inherited from his narcissistic father because his father was known to be very narcissistic and controlling with his children. 

This is in Trumps bio by his niece Mary Trump in her book where she says her Uncle aka Fred Trump was a very narcissistic parent. 

I remember Vaush saying that genetics effect only physical traits like skin, nose, hair... and not brain, because brain is too complex too be affected by the environment to the point it becomes different in different areas of world. 

So I assumed we all have the same brains and that narcissism isn't genetic but learned. 

@Forestluv We need you. Who has what right here?

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The country will not be in the mood to elect some new Trump copycat.

So, now what if Trump end up pulling through before the election? Then do you think that would actually inspire a significant amount of undecided voters to vote for him because he was able to prove how strong is and that the virus isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be?

Edited by Hardkill

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

Where am I?

Apparently, in the middle of a linch mob with @Keyhole in the front of the pack!

giphy.gif

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

So, now what if Trump survives this before the election. Then do you think that would inspire a significant amount of undecided voters to vote for him because he was able to prove how strong is and that the virus isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be?

No. I see no connect there.

Even if Trump survives this, he still comes out looking like a fool. Most people understand that Trump has been a failure on covid.

8 minutes ago, Corpus said:

It is possible to detect RNA fragments from other viruses which may be the same base sequence but are known to be not exclusive to the SARS-Cov-2 virus ie the false positive test. Heres some info on this:

They should be able to get the sensitivity such that false positives on sequence similarity is low, about 2% or so. Sure, it's possible Trump is a false positive because he happened to have viral fragments of a similar virus - yet that's a pretty low probability. 

1 minute ago, Ananta said:

Apparently, in the middle of a linch mob with @Keyhole in the front of the pack!

giphy.gif

That is how leaders like Trump were dealt with in eras past.

People will not sit quietly while they are misled by a selfish asshole for years.

Leaders take on the survival needs of those they lead. And if they fail to meet those needs, they will not be allowed to survive.

@Opo not at all. 

Even those characteristics are inherited. 

For example if the parent is very dominating, at least one of the kids will show such traits. 

Also if you observe bipolar people, you will see that their kids also inherit that. 

Some people who have anxiety their kids also inherit anxiety. 

There is a specific term for this, it's called "it runs in the family".... 

A lot of traits, even intelligence and creativity along with character traits are directly inherited from parents. 

That's why Asian kids have high IQ. Because their parents also have high IQ. 

It's bad or unfortunate that a lot is genetic, but it's a truth. 

Even criminals. Their kids also commit crimes. Not everyone. But this is a general tendency. 

Half is genetically decided.. The other half is the environment. 

So it's a mix of both nature and Nurture. 

@Opo

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

I remember Vaush saying that genetics effect only physical traits like skin, nose, hair... and not brain, because brain is too complex too be affected by the environment to the point it becomes different in different areas of world. 

So I assumed we all have the same brains and that narcissism isn't genetic but learned. 

@Forestluv We need you. Who has what right here?

It's really a bit of both. Vaush isn't being careful with what he's saying, that genetics affects the physical traits like skin, nose, hair, but then excludes the brain? Genetics does effect the physicality of the body, including the brain, because it's still physical stuff, and that the fluids around the brain is a complex mix of chemicals that scientists are still learning about today. However, this does not mean that you limit you problems to your lack of genetics, because the brains still is plastic enough to re-wire. It's a mistake to take an all or noting absolutist position if the deeper problems are due to genetics or due to a lack of training or development.

8 hours ago, Keyhole said:

What great news, this makes me so happy.  If he ends up with symptoms and it makes it impossible for him to continue running, that would be absolutely wonderful.

Or, I'm just going to say it - if he just dropped over dead that would be pretty much the best case scenario. He's basically murdered thousands of people by proxy.  And the way he's handled this whole thing... Good.  Just good.

Faith in karma has been reinstated. ??

yay-i-love-stickers1.jpg

You just made a justification for the assassination of all bad leaders.

@Ananta

Hahahaha.  I laughed too hard at that one. 

@Keyhole at the front Lmao.

Too too funny. 

That video is too funny. xD

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No. I see no connect there.

Even if Trump survives this, he still comes out looking like a fool. Most people understand that Trump has been a failure on covid.

Okay. Yeah, that's what I am inclined to believe as well. He has now really made himself look like a complete and utter ass. However, I wonder what wild cards will emerge from this.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no way Pence is beating Biden. If Trump is out of commission, Biden wins.

Could Pence even get on the ballot a couple weeks before the election. Could Republicans say "A vote for Trump is a vote for Pence, since the VP takes over in the event of death?". I don't think it's ever happened in the U.S. before. 

If Trump bites the dust, Biden wins for sure - yet I'm curious how it would play out. 

3 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

They should be able to get the sensitivity such that false positives on sequence similarity is low, about 2% or so. Sure, it's possible Trump is a false positive because he happened to have viral fragments of a similar virus - yet that's a pretty low probability. 

Absolutely, but consider the effects on establishing the prevalence/incidence of the disease in a population particularly when applying this test to those who are purportedly asymptomatic cases, or labelled as such. 

29 minutes ago, louhad said:

Think about all of the trumpists and think about some young intelligent stage red devils salivating at the idea of exploiting that niche... I don't think his death would be the end of trumpism tbh.... it might evolve to be even worse

If Trump died, it would leave a sour taste in my mouth. Like there were loose ends, or that this social enigma wasn't properly concluded and resolved. Almost like I honour Trump as the villain in some book, and want to see this end "gracefully". 

I'm scared of the uncertainty and chaos. But would it really be such a bad thing if he died? I don't know. 

In the back our minds, the devilish sides of us, secretly wish for disaster or chaotic events to happen. I know I do. There's a reason people like to speculate about doomsday and catastrophies. Because a small part of them wants them to happen. 

---

Someone medical may want to fact check this, but I've heard that if someone does die from covid, it may take over 2 weeks. Or even 10 days. 

Might be a long wait before we find out! Or a short one. Whether he lives or dies. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Not saying I wish for this, but if he dies, his admin will finally be over. The cult of Trump will be beheaded like a viper.

Think about how many people will suffer and die if Trump gets relected for 4 more years. Also think of the damage done to the country if Trump loses but refuses to conceed. Which basically gauranteed now.

It is rather absurd to place so much importance on Trump's life when he has total disregard for the lives of his fellow citizens.

And Melania would finally be free. . .