nowimhere

Trump just got impeached !

145 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

It makes me wonder how a person like him could get elected as president in the first place of a civil country like the US.

8 years of failure under Obama is what gave us Trump. He didn't give us any of the things he promised even when he had the majority of the house and senate. That's because, like most of our politicians, he's bought off by the same people that buy Republicans (wall street, big pharma, the MIC, the fossil fuel industry, etc.). People were desperate for financial change in their lives so they voted for a guy who said he was anti-establishment over the woman who was promising more of the same neoliberal policies. 

@tenta We'd have politicians with more integrity if we got money out of politics.

@StephenK The majority of people who voted for Trump aren't that cynical. They are poor and desperate for change. Keep in mind that this also has to pass through the senate, which is mostly Republican. There's also a good chance he can turn this on the Democrats as more information is coming out about Biden and the Obama administration's corruption.  Both our parties suck lol.

Edited by Bno

there is some kind of prophesy about this epoque, which is rooted in political economics - which either predicts reformation or total crash down. it`s not the prophesy that will show, it`s the people who will show. every one who`s doing business should know what political risk management is. so we will see either it will adapt to survival more or less slowly or it will crash some day like it always has been.

Edited by remember

@Leo Gura What can you envision conscious, self-actualising human beings doing in order to make this transition easier? I sometimes tremble at the thought of the potential right-wing backlash the world could go through as Orange exhausts itself, and I wonder to myself what it is I could do to help navigate humanity through such trying times. I understand on some level that it's all out of my control, but at the same time I feel compelled to try and do.. something.. to help the world make sense of what its going through?

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack When there's a progressive in office, we need to continue to fight, it doesn't stop. We need to keep pushing for strengthening anti-corruption laws and the education system to make it harder for a right-wing backlash. And poor conservatives will be satisfied if their financial needs are met under progressive leadership.

Edited by Bno

I don't know how to prevent right-wing backlashes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Oh wow. I had planned on studying in the US as an exchange student next year, but with this level of instability I'm not so sure really. It doesn't seem to be getting better, either.

Just curious, is it alright living there, despite the absolute shitshow that seems to be going on? 

I am myself, heaven and hell.

9 minutes ago, Commodent said:

Oh wow. I had planned on studying in the US as an exchange student next year, but with this level of instability I'm not so sure really. It doesn't seem to be getting better, either.

Just curious, is it alright living there, despite the absolute shitshow that seems to be going on? 

@Commodent Yes of course, the United States is a good place to live. We have our pros and cons just like any other country. 

15 minutes ago, Commodent said:

As long as you don't get shot up in a random Walmart, church, or school -- you're good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

As long as you don't get shot up in a random Walmart, church, or school -- you're good.

@Leo Gura That doesn't sound too reassuring. You Yanks are way too used to random acts of violence. F that, I say...

So, my father who is glued to CNN half his waking time says the impeachment hasn't changed his power as of yet, is that true?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Watching impeachment unfold is like watching a game when you know the final score.

What does a president being impeached mean when the senate will find him not guilty?

Why does legal cases have to go through the senate?  Don't you have courts for this kind of ordeal?

so what to do with the emptyness trump will leave? there is nothing better to replace entertainment with some cool activities - for example having some huge street parties even after new years. and some spring tree planting or so and some cool events like snow man building for change? or even going to church and praying for democracy on christmas eve. with a nice printed christmas motto t-shirt. mhhh maybe too cool... a pullover would be better.

you could also use the hollydays to brainstorm about nice slogans and posters or flags. it could be a time full of hope and creativity and good wishes for the new year.

Edited by remember

Nancy Pelosi is delusional. 

Trump will never get impeached. 

It's a hoax 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Nancy Pelosi is delusional. 

Trump will never get impeached. 

It's a hoax 

He has been impeached already.

6 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

The senate needs to approve it yet.

Edited by brugluiz

18 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

It's not been officially approved. It's in process 

That does not mean impeachment. It has to proceed to a fair trial in the senate. 

Right now everything is just media uproar as usual fake news channels are deeply interested in sensationalizing news in the hope it becomes reality! 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

Impeachment in the United States is the process by which a legislature (usually in the form of the lower house) brings charges against a civil officer of government for crimes alleged to have been committed, analogous to the bringing of an indictment by a grand jury.

You don't get 'un-indicted' if you are found 'not guilty' at the trial.  Once you're indicted.. you've been indicted. Once you've been impeached, which Trump has been.. he can't be 'un-impeached'.  This just moves us to a trial. 

Might want to re-evaluate where you get your information from. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."