nowimhere

Trump just got impeached !

145 posts in this topic

@Alyosha Through more consciousness work on our part and their part and research that we try to provide them about US politics throughout the decades, hopefully they'll see past image. For now, all we can do is try to understand why they think this way and try to help them connect the dots.

What concerns me is someone in Leo's position not looking past image and still calling Trump "the most corrupt president we've had" and putting him "on a class of his own." The fact that he's read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein and Who Rules the World? by Noam Chomsky and still classifies Trump as the most corrupt figure in politics we've ever had boggles my mind. Some people who listen to him on youtube or on these forums may take what he says as confirmation to their unconscious bias and continue down the path of being mislead and not working towards solving the actual root problems of the world and having a more conscious society.

Edited by Bno

1 hour ago, Bno said:

@Alyosha Through more consciousness work on our part and their part and research that we try to provide them about US politics throughout the decades, hopefully they'll see past image. For now, all we can do is try to understand why they think this way and try to help them connect the dots.

What concerns me is someone in Leo's position not looking past image and still calling Trump "the most corrupt president we've had" and putting him "on a class of his own." The fact that he's read The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein and Who Rules the World? by Noam Chomsky and still classifies Trump as the most corrupt figure in politics we've ever had boggles my mind. Some people who listen to him on youtube or on these forums may take what he says as confirmation to their unconscious bias and continue down the path of being mislead and not working towards solving the actual root problems of the world and having a more conscious society.

My theory is the symbolism behind it all. As leo said, we are becoming more concious as a society, and the symbol of trump and how grotesque he is is such an eyesore and an obvious alarm to the halt of said progress. 

Although what previous politicians have done is much worse, I think it's this coming of age view of our society that makes it easy to paint trump as the worse. It's almost as if the former leaders are excused because we were more asleep to it in a sense? That's just a theory though. 

I had a casual conversation at work and Obama was brought up. And this girl expressed how much she loves that man. And I made a little joke calling him father of the drone strike, and she had this very uncomfortable look on her face.  If trump started drone strikes he'd be seen as the second coming of Hitler easily. 

40 minutes ago, Alyosha said:

I had a casual conversation at work and Obama was brought up. And this girl expressed how much she loves that man. And I made a little joke calling him father of the drone strike, and she had this very uncomfortable look on her face.  If trump started drone strikes he'd be seen as the second coming of Hitler easily. 

Let them know. I had several friends who loved Obama and all my family members were Obama supporters. I tell them this and they feel uncomfortable too. I also point out the fact that if I said Trump instead of Obama, they wouldn't have that reaction. The truth is important and people are starting to wake up to it.

It's also important to understand why we have Trump. It's not because our country has so many racists, it's because of years of neoliberalism.

We're leaving the age of acceptance of traditional dogmas and unquestioning authorities to an age of information and skepticism.

Edited by Bno

33 minutes ago, Bno said:

Let them know. I had several friends who loved Obama and all my family members were Obama supporters. I tell them this and they feel uncomfortable too. I also point out the fact that if I said Trump instead of Obama, they wouldn't have that reaction. The truth is important and people are starting to wake up to it.

It's also important to understand why we have Trump. It's not because our country has so many racists, it's because of years of neoliberalism.

We're leaving the age of acceptance of traditional dogmas and unquestioning authorities to an age of information and skepticism.

I'm not 100%familiar with the term neo liberalism. Would you elaborate on that?