Kushu2000

Unspirituality?

113 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

I've noticed this change in the past year.

Keep it up :x

Yeah.  I went from the End Stage of my old chapter to the Limbo Stage to the beginning of the Start Stage of my new chapter.  All that took about 4 years.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Did anyone notice that in Zzen's video, he drank a smoothie similar to the one Leo showed us how to make? :) 

I've never tried psychadelics so am treating the video as a personal reminder that even though it's pretty cool to hear about these mystical states of consciousness, I don't actually understand or can relate to them myself.

I sometimes judge people on the sophistication or sensibility of their dialogue. Sloppy expressions of rhetoric turn me off. It seems worth acknowleding that Leo is very careful about what he says and uses plenty of caveats. In fact it's the first thing he does in the Collective Consciousness video . This indicates groundedness and is conveniently ignored by critics.

The conscious politics videos should indicate that, wild awakenings aside, Leo hasn't lost any of his intellect or composure. A cynic might say that such reassurances shouldn't be necessary and that those who need them will filter them out anyway. I wonder what I'm filtering out.

Oh, love. If Zzen actually cared, he'd have acted out of real concern rather than making a bitchy YouTube video unless he wasn't particularly skilled at acting lovingly, which is possible as most people aren't, or unless my own understanding of love is overly-simplistic, which is also possible. I'm talking from my humble experience of love with a small "l" here, rather than love with a capital "L".

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This video didn't resonate much at all, felt like an attempt to bridge classic actualized.org content with the spirituality love and consciousness theme of the current era.

Since life is non-linear, illogical and counter-intuitive. Learning math or a foreign language progresses with cumulative experience, but the human experience goes up, down, backwards, fast-forward upside-down, inside-out, twisted around and meta. Change seems to happen over decades and also in the blink of an eye, and the more maturity and experience developed, the more childish wonder and radical open-mindedness occurs alongside this.

Can understand though if someone takes their 'self' and life seriously and has had normal progression through education, employment, socialization and relationships. having made consistent progress within their perception of reality. Seems like there has never been a grounded perception of "myself" or "objective reality" to begin with, so that precluded taking the human experience seriously and pursuing personal development from the conventional path. Either that or I was so entrenched in my victimhood mindset and sense of self that it prevented me from pursuing success, until I don't take the human experience seriously at all, then it's all reframed as an experience of infinite love. Without even gauging how directly immersed it is, but not a belief, a deep understanding and acceptance, makes perfect sense whether I believe it or don't. From this place meanings, emotions, life and death, success or failure, utility and wastefulness, it doesn't matter. It's all groundless, all my memories are imaginary, that is literally my direct experience, my ego might as well have been born a microsecond ago, and it doesn't matter what will happen to it.  Why would it not then just create itself and create creations, it has nothing to lose. 

If all I've said, all that Leo has said, every teaching, ever book, every video, every word is word, false, deluded, it doesn't matter. This is like Pascal's Wager 2.0. If there is actually nothing, then there is just nothing.

@XYZ  I wanna get into Hero's Journey Theory more.  This system is all about putting your life within the framework of a created story or fiction book.  It's a useful tool to get into and to tinker with.  I've made it an objective to get into this tool more.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@XYZ  My Hero's Journey is different from Leo's.  That's what's great about Hero's Journey work is you can write your own story.  I've never been much into storytelling and mythology, but maybe I should get more into that.  The Collective Unconscious contains about all the story templates we need if we can locate them.  Human stories about living the good life are nothing new under the sun.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I love how the hero's journey video ends.

“The village has disappeared in the evening mist 
And the path is hard to follow. 
Walking through the pines, 
I return to my lonely hut.”
―Ryōkan

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Leo Gura Could you elaborate on why you think the stages you've reached are beyond what most are capable of. I mean the people on this forum are far more conscious that average people, and what if they did the same amount of work you did, or double. It's not like you were accessing higher states of consciousness than others before you started the work. Yes, you have gone deeper than lots of other teachers, faster too, but what if we are using your methods?

On 20.7.2019 at 4:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

Better than ever.

There is less efforting and more of just being myself.

I find that mechanical techniques actually just get in the way of being me.

Have you ever looked in to chakras? There is so much bullshit and woo on the subject, but I actually think it offers a quite holistic framework to spiritual development. What you're describing here is mostly associated to the opening of the 2nd chakra, svadhistana. I can definitely recommend the book "Eastern Body, Western Mind" by Anodea Judith.

Also, do you plan on doing a video on embodiment work? That's something I'm very interested in.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Commodent Got any actual good resources on working with chakras? There's lots of conflicting stuff and I never know what to follow. 

@Shadowraix I personally found the book I mentioned ("Eastern Body, Western Mind") a pretty good resource, as it goes through all the chakras from bottom to top and is very in depth. I'm not sure what to think of the practices but the theory is good.

I am myself, heaven and hell.