sgn

Leo's biggest hater?

205 posts in this topic

I like when Leo gets criticism, its healthy for him and the community.  I also wish he would be a bit less snappy at those who do criticize him as to not scare people away from doing it in the future 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

22 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

It seems you are not open to looking at this dynamic and have retreated by sarcastically labeling the observer as an angel. This sarcasm is yet another egoic dynamic to avoid looking at the first dynamic. I've played this games before Joe, I know them well and it is fine. What I wrote may be helpful to others. As I said, this is a very common tactic. I would consider it a moderately manipulative egoic dynamic to control a narrative. You get zero from me, because I know exactly how it works.

You’ve successfully turned my issue with your initial reaction back around on me.  Easy to see.  And then you over-complicated the issue so it’s now not easily discernible what the original issue was.  I’ll let you have this one.  I only argue with people who stick to the issue and who are fair about sticking to the issue.  I’m a master arguer and debater, you don’t wanna pull rhetorical tricks with me — I know them all.  I know you’re a moderator and college professor (science), but there are other smart people on this Forum besides yourself.  I’m done with this discussion because now you’ve blown up my original issue from where I defined it into 30 different but unrelated issues which function like a smokescreen — just like info-bombing functions like a smokescreen.  That’s why my response to you was, “Oh sweet Jesus ?”,which was an appropriate response!  I don’t have to take your bait and let you re-define and complicate what the original issues at hand were.  That wouldn’t be fair to me.  I’m sure in your college class you’re not used to having your students question you, but here on the Forum. we question everything and everyone, if I still understand correctly that that’s Leo’s intention for the Forum, which I think it is.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

college professor

this makes so much sense now, 

however, its like i said joseph, your arguments are always a mixing of both worlds together, 

whilst other people are here to completely eradicate their sense of self, they are too seperate issues altogether, 

where you wouldn't take your sarcassm or the fact you wrote the issue in a way that basically the only answer was yes as an issue but others do

but seriously, as literally everyone does lol 

i guess its a defense mechanism but thats something every human being in the world does, especially when they get info bombed and can't be bothered to reply appriopriately, they break it down into smaller chunks of understanding 

@Serotoninluv thats actually crazy wording for sarcasm lol 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash Question for contemplation: Who got super triggered?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor lol neither of you did, you are both just expressing your points of view , but if i had to choose one it was obviously seratonin ahaha! 

cya joseph

@Joseph Maynor

How big of a sample do you need to make such a judgment in your scientific work as a professor?  

What was your intention of this question? Are you genuinely asking how much of a sample I need to make in my scientific work as a science professor? Were you really curious and open-minded about this? Or did you already have a pre-conceived belief that I made an overly-hasty judgement?

My guess is you look carefully at things thoroughly before coming to over-hasty, dismissive conclusions.  Why wouldn't the same attitude apply here? 

Is this an honest "guess"? If this was an honest guess, you would not make the next statement. The second statement is dependent on the first. 

You're inclined to want to dismiss -- that's a clear and obvious bias. 

Here you actually state I am inclined to want to dismiss. The original "question" and "guess" was not a question or guess. The underlying assumption and agenda is that you believe I wanted to dismiss. You are now indirectly saying that I want to dismiss and that I am biased.  Just say that Joe. Don't play manipulative games. If you think I was making overly-hasty judgements based on biases - just be honest and upfront and say so. 

I was a philosophy major and I try to correct for my biases all the time and be fair to opinions even when they're hostile to my Ego or other Egos that I have a vested interest in protecting.

What does this have to do with anything? If you think I am being biased and unable to see that because it is hostile to my Ego or other Egos that I want to protect - then say that. Don't play these passive-aggressive games. They are very manipulative.

I was just a little taken aback by your initial response, but maybe I have an over-idealic view of how good scientists behave in my own head.

Again, you stated earlier that I was a scientists and how good science is performed. You are indirectly saying I am a bad scientist. I couldn't care less about that. But if you want to say that, say it to me directly. Don't play manipulative passive-aggressive games Joe.

I know how this game is played and you get ZERO, Joe. Sorry, you cannot bully me with passive aggressive tactics. If you want to accuse me of making overly-hasty judgements, say that I am biased and cannot see this because of my Ego and Egos I want to protect, then tell me that directly. Have the courage to stand up to me face to face and say it to me directly. Don't cower behind passive aggressive tactics. And when I call you out on it, don't wiggle around and sarcastically call me an angel and that I am over-complicating things. 

15 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Serotoninluv thats actually crazy wording for sarcasm lol

To me he appears to be breaking down Joe's assuming judgement response to his post, which was quite impressive. These are the kind of things very challenging to see in ourselves(or should i say our persona), and the more stubborn or hard-nosed it is the less reluctant we are to want to change. I don't know Joseph's intent so i am not calling him out but this sort of call out seems warranted and is beneficial to anyone open 

Ive actually been working on some of these habits personally and in my relationship with others. It takes dedication to say the least 

Thanks Serotonin

@DrewNows don't get the wrong idea, i'm not critising it, i'm complimenting it lol, just in slang

21 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

I know how this game is played and you get ZERO, Joe. Sorry, you cannot bully me with passive aggressive tactics. If you want to accuse me of making overly-hasty judgements, say that I am biased and cannot see this because of my Ego and Egos I want to protect, then tell me that directly. Have the courage to stand up to me face to face and say it to me directly. Don't cower behind passive aggressive tactics. And when I call you out on it, don't wiggle around and sarcastically call me an angel and that I am over-complicating things. 

Wow, just wow, this is so dismissive and so argumentative.  I was expecting you to be more impartial.  What’s with this, “you get ZERO” crap?  What is this to you, some kind of a game?  This is ridiculous!  You sound really defensive and partial and not open at all.  Anywho, I just had to respond to this because I think It’s really out of character for how you’re trying to portray yourself in this discussion with me.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Wow, this is so dismissive and argumentative.  I was expecting you to be more impartial.

You know what you were doing. I am standing up to you. I doubt many people have.

If you want to call me a bad scientist that makes overly hasty judgements, is biased and that I cannot see that due to my own Ego and wanting to protect other Egos, that is totally fine. Just say that. I don't care. Don't play these manipulate passive aggressive games.

Have the courage to say it directly to me. Passive aggressiveness is for cowards.

2 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Don't play the victim Joe. You know exactly what you were doing. I am standing up to you. I doubt many people have.

If you want to call me a bad scientist that makes overly hasty judgements, is biased and that I cannot see that due to my own Ego and wanting to protect other Egos, that is totally fine. Just say that. I don't care. Don't play these manipulate passive aggressive games.

Dude, I know you’re a moderator, but I seriously think it’s gone to your head, I really do think so after this discussion with you.  I think this is an issue with some but not all moderators on here.  You need to examine and reflect upon how you act too, not just point the finger at me.  By the way, my name is Joseph not “joe”.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Dude, I know you’re a moderator, but I think it’s gone to your head, I really think so.  You need to examine how you act too, not just point the finger at me.  

This is not about moderation. This is about honesty and being upfront. Passive aggressiveness is really unhealthy and causes harm. I personally don't care about what you think about me. I'm calling you out on this. If you want to say it. Then say it to me straight up.

Who is it that gets triggered? No one. Triggeredness just arises. No one here got triggered. No one here did anything. Let’s move on.... wait. There is nothing to move. Nothing to on. 

Very profound. Very deep. 

Edited by Arhattobe

lets have a reality check.............. Yep reality is still an illusion.

7 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is not about moderation. This is about honesty and being upfront.

If you want to say it. Then say it straight up.

My intention was not to impugn your character outside of the very limited set of issues that I raised in my first response to your first post. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

My intention was not to impugn your character outside of the very limited set of issues that I raised in my first response to your first post.

Joe that is totally fine. Yet, indirectly calling someone bad at their life-long career, biased and unable to see these deficiencies because it threatens their ego and that they want to protect the Egos of others are big accusations. Personally I don't care. I think it is the trying to cover it up and shift responsibility for ones passive aggressiveness that can cause the greater harm. I've seen this so many times. It causes harm to others Joe. It is not a decent way to treat other human beings. If you want to criticize me or anyone else, then just do it directly. I can take it. Just cut the games.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Just cut the games.

I’m not playing games.  That’s your claim, and it’s false.  End this please.  Put a fork in this please.  You’re a moderator.  Too much defensiveness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Seretonin you seem like a nice enough guy. Didn’t read the whole thing, but are genuine and show vulnerability which is a good quality. 

Joe. You are, lol well, not as much, but have integrity internally I believe. 

Arguments happens. Let’s move on : ) 

Edited by Arhattobe

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m not playing games.  End this please.  Put a fork in this please.

Joe. I went through your post line by line and clearly explained the game that you were playing. 

You don't seem open to looking at this and I understand. I have been in this situation myself. You are asking me to stop pressing and I respect that.

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Joe. I went through your post line by line and clearly explained the game that you were playing. If you are not open to looking at that, I understand. I have been in that situation before. I respect that and I will stop pressing.

That’s your contention, and of course I have not had the chance to respond to the way you framed the issues.  So just stop with everything.  This is done.  Good day to you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor