sgn

Leo's biggest hater?

205 posts in this topic

@cetus56 yeah but like your not saying that's a bad thing right because that would disregard everything we do on this subforum 

5 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Joseph MaynorThat's "Nonduality Wars" when you put it in that context.

@Leo Gura I would like some clarification from Leo as to what constitutes "Nonduality wars".  We need to be able to discuss ideas and hash out ideas on here.  This issue needs to be clarified.  I would like Leo to look at this issue and give us some clearer guidance and leadership here.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Aakash As long as there is respect for all members. No hostility. Hostility is Zen Devilry

8 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@cetus56 yeah but like your not saying that's a bad thing right because that would disregard everything we do on this subforum 

@Leo Gura Precisely, and if cetus56 is interpreting things that way as a moderator, that may deviate from the intention that Leo has for the Forum, and it might also cause people to be punished in way that Leo doesn't intend for the Forum.  Or maybe the vagueness of the rule sets up a space of capriciousness where some people can be selectively punished while others are not.  This is why we need clarification as to what "nonduality wars" includes and does not include straight from Leo, straight from the top.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

i thought non duality wars was simply ohh my teachings are right and yours aren't because my teachings say this which means your teachings are wrong, thats what is basically stated in the rules 

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@Leo Gura Precisely, and if cetus56 is interpreting things that way, it may deviate from the intention that Leo has for the Forum, and it might also cause people to be punished in way that Leo doesn't intend for the Forum.  

@Joseph Maynor And after I agreed with everything you said except the hostility part.

@cetus56 @Joseph Maynor i think you two have both misunderstood eachother's interpretation of the word hostile

hostile to me is written abuse and bullying / belittling of another person which i think cetus means

but i think joseph means the hostility of ideas to someone elses ideas

i'm pretty sure these are two different things

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@cetus56 @Joseph Maynor i think you two have both misunderstood eachother's interpretation of the word hostile

hostile to me is written abuse and bullying / belittling of another person which i think cetus means

but i think joseph means the hostility of ideas to someone elses ideas

i'm pretty sure these are two different things

@Leo Gura I also think we need clarification of what "trolling" means.  I've received warning points by a moderator for trolling whereas I never thought of myself as a troll on here, at least that was never my intention.  Please clarify what trolling means and includes Leo.  That's another one that's rife for abuse and capricious application if it's not carefully defined.  I'm sure all of us can be accused of trolling on occasion, so we need to tighten up when that rule has in fact been violated and when it has not.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Trolling:, as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument 

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

This is why we need clarification as to what "nonduality wars" i

When opened minded free form exchange of ideas become "Hostile" that is Nonduality Wars.

Just leave out the hostility and let the rest remain.

@cetus56 yep okay thats a clear definition, but not what i would have understood from interpreting the term non-duality wars, maybe it does need an update

Edited by Aakash

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@cetus56 yep okay thats a clear definition, but not what i would have understood from interpreting the term non-duality wars, maybe it does need an update

@Leo Gura I also think there needs to be an appeal system in place to Leo for review any decision to award warning points or to issue suspensions by a moderator -- that are appealed to Leo by a member of the Forum. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

what are the consequences of a warning point, i just thought it was a slap on the wrist

If we could all just love each other, listen to each other, share with each other, care for each other, respect each other, get enlighten together life would be totally peachy.:x

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

what are the consequences of a warning point, i just thought it was a slap on the wrist

It can be abused and capriciously applied without proper oversight.  This is the same reason courts are nested within an appeal framework.  This is the same reason why there are checks and balances in government.  Unchecked power can be a problem and lead to injustices within the system.  And that just taints the whole system, like a bad workplace environment for those of you who know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor you mean by a moderator, in giving them out since they dislike you and show more bias towards giving you points , 

i mean i don't think the moderators are that shallow, i've had the priviliage of talking to most of them and they seem quite impartial to making personal attacks. i personally think all the moderators chosen are really good and leo's selections were justly made, 

the ones i'm talking about are seratonin luv, key elements, cetus, nahm, 

i apologies in advance, if i've just made an assumption and that isn't what you meant,

but i mean if its only because it can get abused, i don't think you need an apparel system, 

however, i'm in agreeance about the need for something to be done about free flowing ideas but its hard because you can't do anything about advitta trapping because people hold false beliefs. aswell as general behaviour. 

Edited by Aakash

12 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor you mean by a moderator, in giving them out since they dislike you and show more bias towards giving you points , 

i mean i don't think the moderators are that shallow, i've had the priviliage of talking to most of them and they seem quite impartial to making personal attacks. i personally think all the moderators chosen are really good and leo's selections were justly made, 

the ones i'm talking about are seratonin luv, key elements, cetus, nahm, 

i apologies in advance, if i've just made an assumption and that isn't what you meant,

but i mean if its only because it can get abused, i don't think you need an apparel system, 

however, i'm in agreeance about the need for something to be done about free flowing ideas but its hard because you can't do anything about advitta trapping because people hold false beliefs. aswell as general behaviour. 

Hey, we're all human beings, subject to human limitations.  That's why we need checks and balances for human beings.  I've seen some bias, and I'll leave it at that.  Leo knows.  I'm pretty sure Leo understands everything I've said here regarding improving the Forum.  Now it's on him to decide.  I've done my job as I see it by raising some issues that I see are relevant to improving the Forum for the Future.  But this is his baby and he's the leader ultimately.  I think Leo and I have always had a respectful sharing of ideas, and that's all this is.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor yeah your not wrong there, well since it hasn't personally affected me, i can't really say much about it. 

However, if you seriously think its a problem that should not be overlooked. 

then i support your claim. 

but you haven't really linked your point to how this relates to nondual wars and the need to clarify it. aswell as free flowing ideas, is this a seperate issue or part of your argument for the need for an apparel system

5 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor yeah your not wrong there, well since it hasn't personally affected me, i can't really say much about it. 

However, if you seriously think its a problem that should not be overlooked. 

then i support your claim. 

but you haven't really linked your point to how this relates to nondual wars and the need to clarify it. aswell as free flowing ideas, is this a seperate issue or part of your argument for the need for an apparel system

Let's end this and just let Leo read this and come to his own conclusion.  I would prefer not to further detract from the subject matter of this thread.  This is a detour from the call of this thread that I now feel comfortable putting a fork in on my end.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

23 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

If we could all just love each other, listen to each other, share with each other, care for each other, respect each other, get enlighten together life would be totally peachy.:x