dude

Shamanic Breathing Mega-Thread

403 posts in this topic

Okay, so I did another fifteen minutes this evening and I felt a deep desire to be closer to god, to merge with the absolute and connect with its will. This evening wasn't quite as intense as last night. The two differences between yesterday and today were, I went to work, and I am not high on cannabis today. I actually flushed the last of my cannabis down the toilet this morning after last night's revelation.

All day at work, I felt like I was experiencing the universe flowing through my awareness, and felt a deep satisfaction with being.

So far, my experiment has been profound, and it is only day 2.

Edited by Spacious

The logos is truth oriented to love, and love is the desire for being to flourish.

Jordan B Peterson

@Spacious Wait a sec, exactly how much cannabis did you flush?   :o 

Ha, just kidding, sounds like you had a great thing happen. Mine was good, but I can't say I had a samadhi experience like yours. 

12 hours ago, see_on_see said:

But if thousands of people have done it for years with no real issues then it's cool

Thousands of people smoked cigarettes for years until it's links to cancer become known ?

12 hours ago, dude said:

You're actually depriving your brain of oxygen lol.

What is the mechanism for this? When you breath from mouth , the levels of oxygen and CO2 changes or something? I only ask because i passed out for couple of seconds for my first try, so i wonder if I did it right. Can the same effect be achieved through heavy nasal breathing? I guess i try that out myself.   

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Thousands of people smoked cigarettes for years until it's links to cancer become known ?

Pff, the loss of 5-10 years in life expectancy equivalent to smoking would still be worth it ;)

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Samra "Low carbon dioxide levels lead to narrowing of the blood vessels that supply blood to the brain. This reduction in blood supply to the brain leads to symptoms like lightheadedness and tingling in the fingers. Severe hyperventilation can lead to loss of consciousness."

Referring to hyperventilation.

Edited by Charlotte

21 hours ago, Socrates said:

Wait a second, isn't this exactly the so called "runner's high"? We just recreate it on a home setting.

It makes perfect sense since when you run you have this exact same breathing pattern. 

It's exactly what i thought when i tried it, i used to run everyday for years, (it's the same way of breathing)

After trying the breathing technique, at the end i felt exactly like if i did an outside running   

I genuinely think if you do this everyday you could injure yourself in some way, depriving your brain from oxygen everyday (even in small amounts) are bound to have negative effects

48 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

But the link between cigarettes and cancer is a well known fact, whereas I haven't found anything yet that suggests holotropic breathing causes brain damage or anything, although I haven't done a lot of research yet.

It's kinda like psychedelics, for all I know the LSD I take every once in a while might be slowly melting my brain over the years, except I've only got extremely positive results from it. 

I noticed after a few minutes, i felt similar sensations to the (wim hof) method, so i blew most of the air out of my lungs and easily held my breath for almost 4-5 minutes which was excellent. Presentness Bliss!

After that i was automatically in a deeper meditative state as my breath-flow had become adapted to retaining/sustaining a hold after inhale/exhale for long period of time naturally without discomfort. I believe this could be a quick and effective way to get yourself in a more relaxed stage of meditation fast so you can gain the most benefits. (Relax/Surrender) are ultimately the same. Especially f you struggle with getting yourself relaxed enough for effective meditation.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

14 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

But the link between cigarettes and cancer is a well known fact

Yeah NOW it is, it wasn't years ago, they even assumed smoking was good for you! 

I have researched and I've found research based on depriving your brain from oxygen for an amount of time continuously to be not a good idea. 

I'm not saying I'm against it by the way, this isn't an 'against' opinion, I'm still going to give it a go myself. I just like to go into things considering other possibilities. 

Edited by Charlotte

I like the risk...

If you ain't prepared to die, you aint prepared for enlightenment B|.

Death by breathing too much Hehehe, seems like balance is everything.

On a side note I did have a headace pretty much all day after my session, I will see if it improves as I try it a few more times, if I keep getting headaces thats a sign of my brain telling me it ain't right for me, hopefully it will get better.

22 minutes ago, blazed said:

If you ain't prepared to die,

I don't wish to die from the egoic mind.

23 minutes ago, blazed said:

Death by breathing too much Hehehe, seems like balance is everything.

Breathing not enough ??

Just did my first solo Holotropic Breathwork session today. It was pretty intense. It felt way more intense than I expected it to be.

I can't give an exact chronological timeline of the events that occurred during the 30 mins I did it because I sorta lost track of time while I was doing it.

But here's a short summary of what I experienced:

• Strong Feelings of Vibration all over my body especially around the tips of my fingers
  • An odd 'moving' sensation in my gut whenever I slowed down my breathing after not being able to handle the intensifying vibrations
  • Mild Paralysis when the vibrations got really strong (including the muscles that I use to breath making breathing more difficult)
  • Slight Pain in my hands and fingers after the session, mostly felt when trying to move my fingers.

These stuff basically caught me off guard. I couldn't tell whether what was happening was good or bad or whether or not it was normal. I read a reddit post about a similar experience here. It basically confirms for me that the strong vibrations are normal but I wasn't able to breakthrough them to reach an emotional release of some sort because I became too scared to surrender myself fully to the sensations. Whenever the vibrations got too strong, I'd slow down my breathing or even pause it for a few seconds.

So that was my first time. Would appreciate any advice or help from anyone who reads this. I want to know if I'm doing anything wrong or if I shouldn't even be doing this breathwork in the first place.

Lastly, here are some other things I probably should mention:

• I forgot to play music during the session
  • I did it with my eyes open when I probably should have done it closed

Edited by Extreme Z7

Nobody has even got any results, man this feels like bullshit and saying my ego is tricking me might also be bs

@Raymondo Brhu read 2 pages back everybody is saying its like being on drugs but different. How is that no results? I did, you have to push through the fear of not being able to move and the fear of these weird effects. If you continue through these things weird shit will start to happen. I cry the second time started rolling around and shit.

@Raymondo I experienced the absolute. For the first time in my life, I understand the word 'God'. 

The logos is truth oriented to love, and love is the desire for being to flourish.

Jordan B Peterson

I feel a little vibration that gets stuck on me for 2 min and thats all