Star Net

We have a big problem in this Forum

47 posts in this topic

I noticed that We have a big problem here in this forum

" We talk a lot and We do and apply a little "

Agreed. Not going on the forum and/or watching any YouTube channels for 6 days a week and focusing on execution helps. And then there is one day for theory. 

My thing at this point is, after watching videos for like 18 months. I have taken in more theory then I can practically digest. Laying off the theory for a while and focusing on execution is better now. Letting the theory marinate a bit. 

I think whether it is taking action or studying more it is always going to be a thing people procrastinate on. It just happens to be so that people often don't take action instead of not learning enough theory.

Hi @SFRL @YaNanNallari

I thought about talking with @Leo Gura about adding new rule to the forum about the number of posts that can be made by any of the members, and make a restriction for the number of the posts like 2 or 3 posts a week, but I decided not to do that .

Because if the members here are looking for self actualization for real, They will have to do that by themselves without any restrictions from anyone in the forum.

from My side, I am not going to post in the forum for the Next 10 days ...

Have a nice Day

Edited by Star Net

Hey folks — I will be taking a 2 week break from the Forum starting tomorrow, just so you know.  This is part of my attempt to cleanse myself of many things like Internet, addictions, distractions, etc.  I need to unplug for a while to purify myself.  I will be back after the 2 weeks, don’t worry.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Maybe I should too, idky but I feel more cynical than usual if I spend a lot of time here.

1 hour ago, Star Net said:

Hi @SFRL @YaNanNallari

I thought about talking with @Leo Gura about adding new rule to the forum about the number of posts that can be made by any of the members, and make a restriction for the number of the posts like 2 or 3 posts a week, but I decided not to do that .

Because if the members here are looking for self actualization for real, They will have to do that by themselves without any restrictions from anyone in the forum.

from My side, I am not going to post in the forum for the Next 10 days ...

Have a nice Day

Man, you have to think that not everyone is at the same stage as you are.  What is helpful to you, may be different to others.

@Star Net

A) Careful with projecting onto others. Some people here are applying a lot. You just don't see it. The most serious people here don't post often.

B) Of course, this is a discussion forum. It's not designed for applying, it's designed for discussion. Applying is something you do on your own, outside the forum.

C) This problem is not particular this forum, or forums at large. Application is a problem for everyone, everywhere. Because execution is the hardest part of any project.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

To bring about action in everyday life keeping things plain and coherent is essential in bringing about psychological order. 

Keep it simple, direct, and applicable. 

In regards to this forum, simply enjoy this ability to share with one another?

5 hours ago, Star Net said:

Oh you don't say B|

@Star Net

There is a time and place for everything.

It usually starts with awareness, desire, trying/playing/contenplating with new skill, taking in feedback, adjusting&calebrating and then implementing the usefull parts for as long as they are usefull and constantly improving and calibrating the parts.

Some parts stay for long, some for a short time and some for reacurring times.

Yes, you can (sometimes) see what parts other people got and lack in this forum.

But I consider this place to be a safe labratory. Where everybody tinker with the same components. Sometimes things just blow up in the face. Failure is how I learn.

Other people, like Leo, can show me cool things, but I have to try them out myself and fit them into my current makeup and timeline. My teacher Mr. Failure will, rudely so, tell my to change shit around or wait for a better later time, if so needed.

I would not judge peoples "success" by their "product" in the forum but rather on the life they live.

Some people are good at talking and pretending but not implementing. In that they are failures.

I see it everyday at work.

On 21/01/2018 at 5:07 PM, Star Net said:

You say this like you were omnipotent.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Planting seeds is an application in itself :)

B R E A T H E

I’m reminded of the buddhist saying “Don’t just do something, sit there!”.

So much of our culture is focused on productivity. Achieving. Turning thought to action. Doing something. Being someone. Finding meaning.

This can feed into my ongoing mental story how I’m never good enough. I’ve never done enough. . . I was an over-acheiver most of my life and accomplished a shit-ton by societal standards. Physical fitness, the dream job, the woman, self-esteem, contributing, shaping lives, helping those in need, academic degrees, financial security, awards, recognition, world travel. Yet NONE of it satisfied The Story in my head. None of it brought the security, happiness, fulfillment and peace of mind The Story promised me. None of it brought me any closer to the simple Truth that *This is it*. The alive-ness of Now in which The Story resides.

@Serotoninluv

Wonderful?

To see the falseness that security lies in identifying with or as something. And to see the truth that insecurity ceases when we stop clinging to become something and embrace the significance of being nothing or no-thing. 

You misspelled "Me" as "We".... it happens....

5 hours ago, Shin said:

You say this like you were omnipotent.

well I mean... they are! 

edit: oh and to answer the original posed question. I come here when I am in search of perspective I struggle to find. I often find myself talking as if I know and worry others think i am full of myself. but i am just no good at talking. most my posts are a question in a disguise, or a statement posed to enable response, which is basically the same thing really... 

wait, is there even such a thing as not-a-question? 

Edited by alyra