Star Net

We have a big problem in this Forum

47 posts in this topic

@Star Net @Star Net How do you know? Just because a few people sit here all of the time that doesn't apply to the rest. Perhaps you are projecting based on your own life?

mistaken post. was going to say something and typed an @name to tag, and pressed space, and sometimes that creates a post. ironically I then decided to not say anything. 

I suppose tho I could clarify upon my previous post. after posting it, it really made me think. I know in theory that what I said is the behavior I want to have, but I am not so sure that it is the behavior I currently have. really made me think! 

Edited by alyra

Let the one that will change the world move himself first ! 

And also this forum is for discussion  , it's a space where we come and talk about self actualizion , it's a new thing so it's worth sharing ideas 

@Shroomdoctor Ye haha fuck yes! thinking of myself as a Jedi when doing self-actualisation is one hell of a motivation xD

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Hi

I am back

Thanks @Source_Mystic

On 24.01.2018 at 4:40 AM, Source_Mystic said:

Stop worrying about what others are doing focus  what you are doing or not doing.

Change has  come from within you first. Others  are a distraction. 

One of the best advices

" 'To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.'

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe 

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

Hi @Ibn Sina

are You an arabic ? What did You learn from Ibn Sina ?

Hi @Angelo John Gage

1 hour ago, Angelo John Gage said:

There was no problem until you created it in your mind

I understand that My Brain explain some of the events and behaviors as problems, But some of the problems in the world are not just problems for Me it is problems for others too, Actually @Source_Mystic  gave Me a good advice

On 24.01.2018 at 4:40 AM, Source_Mystic said:

Stop worrying about what others are doing focus  what you are doing or not doing.

Try Vipassana. Practice properly. If this is the case, Insight will come. It may or not be "useful". I guess that's all bound up in translation/interpretation and concept. All the jumping straight to full realization/Buddha-hood crap seems to be anecdotal bullshit for the lazy. The Eternalism garbage in the Vedanta/Divine/Shakti stuff is just the "oh wow, I'm saved" garbage reincarnated. You might as well hang it up and go back to church. The reason why Buddhism is so popular is because the Buddha and his pals actually did probe reality much deeper than the Vedantists (IMO) and we have the datas you can check with your own body to prove it to yourself. Over December I was practicing 30-35 hours a week (worth it), but then I wasn't working at the time. Try the Vimuttimagga/Vissudhimagga and the Long Discourses.

However, if you are practicing Vipassana for 90 days or more and have no Insight, you aren't understanding or implementing proper technique. I've never seen or heard of a case of a human being practicing Mahasi Style mental notation (or body scanning/jhana/Anapani/whatever) properly and getting no Insight.

Truly that would be hard to believe [understatement]. Even the first one - Mind and Body, would be a revolutionary change for one's abiding, not to mention everything from there to K.E.R.F./S.U.N.++. For some, it has worked without any "belief" in Buddhist stuff at all. The mind simply sees the 4 truths and 3 marks and jumps through to less stressful abiding, sometimes without the "user" realizing what transpired until major changes happen in the world and sense of self, leaving them torn and lighter.

The technique for Mahasi Style dry Insight is blindingly simple. So much so that most aspirants imagine that they have to "do" way more and screw it up that way. They can't believe deep insight could be gained by simply noting impingements on the 5 aggrigates rapidly and accurately. I wasted a couple years at least overdoing and overthinking my practice...and especially seeking, even though I had already "found" everything. Now that confidence has arrived, reading is light and mainly serves the end of facilitating sharing with others and learning how to better communicate these factors.

...of course I would not necessarily recommend this stuff to kids anymore than the other junk discussed on here, but then that's up to the kid, not me. 

On 23/01/2018 at 7:45 PM, Shiva said:

Maybe some people have a problem with applying to little.

But that's not all. A lot of people are practicing very seriously.

This forum is a unique way to get in touch with such people. They can be quite hard to find.

But you're also right that the most extreme people are probably not here because right now they probably meditate.

So you might not find Yoda here, but there are certainly some real Jedi here.

What about ME ?

:/

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

...and here's a key secret that works well for me that I'll share:

Relax! Lean back every now and then into some pussy/dick and drink a beer, or pet your dog or cat for a while. Take a nap, but set your alarm for 15 minutes for fuck's sake.  :-)

Remove the word "problem" from your existence, replace it with the word "challenge". Things flow better :)

B R E A T H E

3 minutes ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

You seem Enlightened NOW.

I knew you would notice B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

The fact that people don’t see that any movement in becoming for example enlightened, self realized, or what ever, is a movement of time, and still a conditioned pattern of thought. The fact that any movement of will in any particular direction is still a movement bound by the self and therefore a thought induced projection. And that this projection is mistaken for something greater than just mere illusion and deception. 

Any movement of becoming is a movement of thought. If we could only see this with clarity. 

Edited by Faceless

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

The fact that people don’t see that any movement in becoming for example enlightened, self realized, or what ever, is a movement of time, and still a conditioned pattern of thought. The fact that any movement of will in any particular direction is still a movement bound by the self and therefore a thought induced projection. And that this projection is mistaken for something greater than just mere illusion and deception. 

Any movement of becoming is a movement of thought. If we could only see this with clarity. 

Ouch. I see dukkha...

...with clarity.

On 1/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, alyra said:

well I mean... they are! 

edit: oh and to answer the original posed question. I come here when I am in search of perspective I struggle to find. I often find myself talking as if I know and worry others think i am full of myself. but i am just no good at talking. most my posts are a question in a disguise, or a statement posed to enable response, which is basically the same thing really... 

wait, is there even such a thing as not-a-question? 

I struggle with communication too, my friend. Self forgiveness/acceptance/surrender (eventually) helps. It's the path after all.  My character either over or under communicate in person...same in forums/email (case in point).

..In addition, attachments make the communication failure really painful, grasping that and running time back a frame makes it suffering.

5 minutes ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Ouch. I see dukkha...

...with clarity.

I’m sure u do suffer. If you don’t see that psychological ‘becoming’ implies suffering then it’s only obvious that you will suffer. 

I’m not attacking anyone friend. To attack another is to attack myself. Simply sharing an all so obvious fact.