Star Net

We have a big problem in this Forum

47 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I’m sure u do suffer. If you don’t see that psychological ‘becoming’ implies suffering then it’s only obvious that you will suffer. 

I’m not attacking anyone friend. To attack another is to attack myself. Simply sharing an all so obvious fact. 

Totally. And I do suffer sometimes. The real bitch of it is that now, after some years, it can be seen that an aspect of experience that imagines it is real is sometimes given the "option" to suffer within a free choiceless awareness. Or at least you can become into a painful abidance. After a time that can be enjoyable though, and that is a different distinction that I make than suffering itself (at least as defined in the 4 truths).

The scope of becoming seems to run much deeper than anything psychological too (not to point to anything scary, but just saying). Thinking is suffering, and I sometimes grasp that (like right now) if I think it's worth it. Like caring about you, makes me want to share this, and I have to become into some ego that thinks that there is accretion or gain for the sense of "me"...like somehow I can get more Insight or become a better "teacher" someday through this experience of communication with you, while hoping not to piss you off or sound like an aloof dickhead.  :/ 

Metta and Compassion

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi
spelling of one word.

Back to the topic the starter Catalyzed (or whatever you are supposed to call it on forums when someone starts a thread):

I don't think there's that big of a problem on this forum, although I don't participate much. Yes, the noise floor is high, and by that I mean there is a lot of talk, but not all of it is pragmatic and non circle-jerkular. But that's ok. The sparkle of the gold makes it worth sifting through that black sand.

Some of the pontificating that comes out of Leo's mouth and keyboard used to really blow me away, like "Oh my god, no way...he's got to be losing it." But then 6 months later a Direct Consciousness occurs that winds up congnizing itself into an edifice unmistakably overlapping some of Leo's more arcane Magesteria, and I have to say to myself (and occasionally to Leo personally), "Damn, he couldn't have hit that nail much harder on the head."

...well, excepting the contengency of him posting on Twitter or Instagram, where the videos would not be 1hr 52 minutes long every time with a sermon from the spiritual/intellectual ego real good stuf some of his shit, and brave. +1 for leo's credibility, public frog or not! I do with there were more older folks on here, but that just might be a reflection of my age and loneliness.  ;)

Metta all.

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Remove the word "problem" from your existence, replace it with the word "challenge". Things flow better

Hi, Thanks @pluto

I think You are right, I will apply this to My life.

Thanks again ...

45 minutes ago, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

Totally. And I do suffer sometimes. The real bitch of it is that now, after some years, it can be seen that an aspect of experience that imagines it is real is sometimes given the "option" to suffer within a free choiceless awareness. Or at least you can become into a painful abidance. After a time that can be enjoyable though, and that is a different distinction that I make than suffering itself (at least as defined in the 4 truths).

The scope of becoming seems to run much deeper than anything psychological too (not to point to anything scary, but just saying). Thinking is suffering, and I sometimes grasp that (like right now) if I think it's worth it. Like caring about you, makes me want to share this, and I have to become into some ego that thinks that there is accretion or gain for the sense of "me"...like somehow I can get more Insight or become a better "teacher" someday through this experience of communication with you, while hoping not to piss you off or sound like an aloof dickhead.  :/ 

Metta and Compassion

I understand. People either will listen or they will not. If one won’t well??‍♂️. At least we see the significance of sharing. Most important thing when sharing with another is to see that all resistance and hostility that is reflected back to the communicator is an indication that one lives in fear, conflict, and a state of prepetual suffering. To see the truth that when one suffers, in that seeing manifests its own action of compassion. 

Where truth is the center ceases, and when the center ceases there is choicless awareness, and when choice ceases, Only then is there joy, beauty, compassion, and love. 

I appreciate your sharing/communication friend?

56 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I understand. People either will listen or they will not. If one won’t well??‍♂️. At least we see the significance of sharing. Most important thing when sharing with another is to see that all resistance and hostility that is reflected back to the communicator is an indication that one lives in fear, conflict, and a state of prepetual suffering. To see the truth that when one suffers, in that seeing manifests its own action of compassion. 

Where truth is the center ceases, and when the center ceases there is choicless awareness, and when choice ceases, Only then is there joy, beauty, compassion, and love. 

I appreciate your sharing/communication friend?

@Faceless Well, I live in a community in the Southern U.S. where sharing isn't very valued, since people generally just work 60 hours a week, and are so unhappy when they get home, all they can do is slam a case of beer and pass out in front of the TV. Talk about Nihilistic abidance! So when a joker like me starts yapping about "examining the concomitants which create our very experience, rather than trying to fix or manipulate it.." I quickly receive the "gas face". My Dhamma teacher lives on the west coast, where things are progressive and you don't have to worry about getting shot for this kind of talk, so he doesn't always empathize. :o 

I don't have Sangha or many people interested in general Mysticism to commune with in person, so occasionally it can be fun to interact and learn things from people just like yourself, and everyone else on this great forum...even Leo. ;)

Any jokes or ribbings are intended to be good natured and not harsh speech or hurtful. I trust i will be justifiably snapped at immediately if such a thing transpires, since I don't want to cause harm.

Edited by Sri Ramana Maharshi

On 2/1/2018 at 5:54 PM, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

I struggle with communication too, my friend. Self forgiveness/acceptance/surrender (eventually) helps. It's the path after all.  My character either over or under communicate in person...same in forums/email (case in point).

I read an article from a gay mormon who confessed the feelings and novel realizations he had to face as he and his wife realized they needed to be divorced. and it really opened my eyes. it really opened my eyes to see, how little that I know of myself, of this thing that entraps my self, this lump of clay and high fantasy. I think I have come to understood the "self" that is here but.. I have so little reality to that understanding... 

it made me realize that, I had no place to speak to others about things that I haven't proven about myself. IDK if I've had that issue here, I don't post very often and when I do it is mostly either a question or a statement of putting ... past contemplation to the significance of word... so it's a process that is necessary to grow, I believe, I do not know tho - because I came to realize. In other facets of life, I try to spread wisdom, to explain how things are, to give advice on what people could do, and what people have done. but, all I really say is either whisper down the lane or baseless hope I have in what I have not experienced. 

it was really deep to see this shift to the meaning of communication. 

I didn't explain it well.. :/ sorry. it was just a thought I had about communcation recently. to realize, that communication is something that comes from the heart, from who I am in my self. oh, I dunno, I'm not sure how to really say what I discovered, in fact I don't really understand it exactly. I don't know what to do with it.