Guest username

Need Help Figuring Out Where I'm Stuck.

25 posts in this topic

I meditate, self-inquire, and contemplate constantly.

I try to practice radical honest, accepting reality, forgiveness, love, compassion,etc.

I read plenty theory so I can get a big picture.

I talk to everyone I can on the forum and try to understand everything they are telling me.

My life has improved A LOT, but the whole Enlightenment thing still completely eludes me. 

I have no clue what I'm doing.

I have no direct experiences of no-self yet.

Is this something I'll just get when it happens?

I listen to all your perspectives on spirituality so I have some clue what to do

@Prabhaker @SOUL @Martin123  @Natasha @jse @Lai   @Annetta @Nahm @Dodo @Shin @Azrael @Emerald @Fidelio @Maxx @ajasatya

I've read the majority of each on of your guy's posts and interactions with each other to help get me an ideas of how to improve my own seeking, and I'm just utterly confounded by how I'm supposed to proceed, whether or not I'm doing things right.

Does anyone know what my issue is? I'm lost. 

@username resolve your definition of reality and enlightenment down to one grand unified field of superposition experiencing infinity through you. Right now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 minutes ago, username said:

There is no fixed road. Everyone is on a different road; we are not on one road. Even if you are following one technique of meditation, you are not on the same road as someone else who is doing the same technique; you cannot be. There is no public path. Every path is individual and personal. So no one’s experiences on the path will be helpful to you; rather, they may be damaging. Someone may be seeing something on his path. If he says to you that this is the sign of progress, you may not meet the same sign on your path. 

Meditation for me is not a child’s play. It is a deep transformation. On the path nothing more is needed than patience.

The whole of life has to be meditative. Only then will you begin to feel things. And when I say that the whole life is to be meditative, I do not mean to go and close your eyes for twenty-four hours and sit and meditate – no! Wherever you are you can be sensitive and that sensitivity will pay. Only with this capacity of being aware of all things happening around you will you develop the capacity to feel what is happening within.

Meditation is simply the name for life lived with awareness. Meditation is a lifestyle, not an activity. You can meditate for one hour every day to learn, to refresh, to give more energy and more roots – but don’t be satisfied that that’s enough. 

@username Have you tried Leo's guided self-inquiry in his Enlightenment part 3 video? I got awakened while doing it.

@username I get the sense you are searching for something outside yourself. Searching rather hides the realization. You are already that which you are seeking so no seeking is needed.

To me it was realized when I was to exhausted to seek and no effort was being made. I just watched every thought and feeling appear and disappear. 

When you meditate do you have the goal to awaken? That goal will put a subtle emphasis on the future and that future will never come.

You will not find yourself but everything experienced, be that feelings in the body, sights and sounds, is not you so detach from those and just let them come and go.

The mindset 'should' be that anything can happen. That you can't force your way to the realization rather than ok, I'm gonna awaken this time, come on on let's do this!

You are trying too hard....... just let it be.

You got to keep doing mindful activities like hiking alone, sitted meditation, meditation whatever you do, life seeing (like you just sit and watch what happens without thinking about it) etc

Basically you just be without seeking anything, the mind can't transcend itself by itself, that's why we say that "there is nothing to do".

There is nothing to do on the level of the mind, that's why most of the posts in here are basically mental masturbation, which is the exact opposite of what you're supposed to "do", which is simply nothing else than being fully alive.

Thoughts/Mind aren't a problem in themselves, they are at the beginning, when they don't know they are the obstacles to what they want to attain.
When they understand that, they will be more and more cooperative (in a sense) to be your "slaves", instead of you being their slave.
They won't be an issue because you will just see and hear them like you see or hear a car passing by, or a bird singing.

CI0IumGWgAAlbQo.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

What if the practice youve been doing so far is only enforcing the seeker within you.

What if the whole point of the path is for the seekers hunger to be extinguished.

There is an attainment and there is in a sense "something to get". The seeker is just not gonna get it. The seeker is to die in the process.

There are several mechanisms at work that 99% of the time keep the seeker alive.

1. Youre not clear in what you want. 

You create a concept of englitenment and project many qualities onto it such as worthiness/being lovable/status...

Get clear on what you want and resolve rhat first. Otherwise what you want is not self-realization and you will never get there.

2. Your practice is run by the seekers hunger and not aimed at the seeker/hunger to be extinguished. Every time you wanna "get enlightened" realize that the pattern youre enforcing is "im not there yet". Find the place where its coming from and bring loving kind emotional healing into it.

https://youtu.be/4fUzXQS3M-s

3. If youve read my SW guide then you are familiar with the concept of "lack doesnt exist". Well! Do you feel like you are lacking enlightenment? :)

Love you homie. May you come to extinguishing your hunger in the most joyful lovely way.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

6 hours ago, username said:

Does anyone know what my issue is? I'm lost.

I went 1 year through the most horrific kind of terror with this work although I amped up my meditation, I got deeper realizations and what not. Why? Because this shit needed to get out before I could see clearly. I didn't know it at that time - I guessed that this is so - and only now can I say that this was the case.

So, for you, just trust in your practice and commit to it. It'll take the time it needs. There's no way around that... except 5-MeO-DMT.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@username It might help you do your inquiry on paper. Journaling it out. Like Jed's spiritual autolysis method. If you're a conceptual person, you need to get all the bullshit concepts and pet theories out of your head. Writing them out on paper can help.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, username said:

I agree with @Martin123 .

You need to let go of EVERYTHING that is you. Everything since the day you were born. You gotta go WAY beyond your comfort zone. It's a total surrender of the most precious thing you own, the self. Even the seeker is an illusion. This needs to be confronted head on. Do that over and over until the truth breaks wide open..

@cetus56 im sorry but i strongly disagree with this hyper masculine attitude. Kindness love and compassion cannot be emphasized enough especially on this forum.

3 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@cetus56 im sorry but i strongly disagree with this hyper masculine attitude. Kindness love and compassion cannot be emphasized enough especially on this forum.

@Martin123 Are you sure that is what it is?

30 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

EVERYTHING

31 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Everything since the day you were born.

31 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

WAY beyond your comfort zone.

32 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

seeker is an illusion

confronted head on

breaks wide open..

@Martin123 I understand exactly what username is experiencing. I went through the same for years and it was like being suspended in limbo. There is nothing fun about that at all. Finally one day I through total desperation I went for broke and everything became perfectly clear. So it is with great compassion that I say what I said.

@cetus56 I dont doubt that. But it is a masculine attitude, IsnT it?

sadghuru arrives, drops the mic badumtsss enlighetened over 9000

No, I just took the sugar coating off it. That is the reason I spent years spinning my wheels. Everything I had read about enlightenment was so sugar coated that it got me nowhere. This is not about farting rainbows.

@username Watching this video woke me out of my spell of self delusion. It was my first experience of no-self after many years of following the path and getting nowhere.  It will work like 5meo-dmt, if you let it ( well almost). The first 5 times I watched it nothing happened because I wasn't willing to let go and directly experience what Leo was saying.. But when I finally surrendered, boom! All I can say is, Thank You Leo for your radical openness!

Psychedelics can help if you're stuck. Simply, go do some mushrooms. Or check out a 10 day vipassana retreat. Maybe you're too busy going back and forth from doing one thing to the next. What you need is a good chunk of time dedicated to spiritual work, hence psychedelics or a retreat. 

Everyone thanks for your clarifications, I'll implement all of this advice.

@Martin123 @cetus56 I think your guy's advice is compatible; I'll be hardcore without abandoning love and compassion. :)

@Nahm Going to be honest, your post doesn't really click with me, but I always appreciate the help and maybe in time it will.

@Natasha Yeah, that video always gives me good meditation sessions. I'll probably use it more.

@JustinS @Azrael Yeah, I'm currently still doing my research on psychedelics. I only have one year of experience with spirituality, and it was really only a few months ago that I was looking up "How to meditate" on WikiHow, between studying for university and all the new self-actualization concepts, I've just had a lot of catching up to do. Mushrooms and 5-Meo are on my list of things to do for sure. I'll probably take a break from the forum and just double down on my practice,  and get financially free so I can afford time off for retreats in addition to my daily meditation and inquiry, then come back and share everything once I've done what I set out to do.

@Shin Yep! I've already been doing this but certainly need more of that in my life.

@SOUL @WelcometoReality  @Prabhaker You're right, I'm going to spend more time just being and living meditatively and tone down on the concepts.

@Leo Gura Thank you,as always. Jed really resonated with me, so I'll probably start using his method.

@Snick I didn't mention you because I'm helping you with your keyboard jockeying habit. ;) Anyway, thank you as well!