Tudo

If life is just a dream, what's the point of It all?

26 posts in this topic

What's the point keep living and facing struggles in life?

The moment that you'll get it yourself, through your own direct experience, you will understand why there is a point. 

@Tudo

Point of life, spirituality and living is to be happy which equals to you liking to exist exactly NOW. Ask from yourself that even, if life would be more "real" somehow then what would that change and wouldn't that be equally useless? Tell me what changes when you realize that moment being dream. Also struggles cannot be denied, but you could change your mindset so that you take them as challenges and things to do. Your life is like sudoku and there is no reason to complete it, but it is just for its own enjoyment : )

Who told you that "others" are real?

The point of the dream, is the dream itself.

Nothing is required, you can do whatever you want within the limitations of your human existence.

The ego is a spoiled little brat haha. When it believes to be a separate self in a physical body it complains about death and old age.

When it starts to believe it is not separate it complains that there is no point to life. Despite now believing in immortality!

Gotta love the tantrums of the ego :D

Luckily that's not what you really are. Just let go.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

2 hours ago, Tudo said:

If life is just a dream, what's the point of it all?

I don't think meaninglessness or depression was the first thing that comes to mind when people discover they could lucid dream.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

2 hours ago, Tudo said:

To have form - which is limitation.  Otherwise you would be formless nothingness - pure Infinity.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Why do you assume there is a point to something? 

If life and existence are ultimately pointless, then they lack any charge whatsoever. It is like building a sandcastle on a beach - it only has meaning if you are attached to it in some way or assign value to it. Life and existence are precisely like sandcastles, one day something or someone will come and destroy them. They will return to infinite consciousness the same as the sandcastle returns to the sand. 

Attaching to life or assigning meaning to it is a choice, whether it is a conscious or unconscious choice is up to you. What I am saying is that life is completely meaningless, which is the platform for the meaning you choose to assign to it. Meaning is created and only exist in a subject-object relationship. In this case, life is the object and you are the subject of it. When you awaken, you realize the there is no distinction between subject and object, and that you are life and existence. You were never separate from those. As long as you participate in the "game" of life, you will attribute some meaning to it. You can awaken and see that life is meaningless and lacks any charge, but choose what value to assign to it from a more conscious perspective. You can also awaken and go to sleep again which happens to most people who don't awaken deeply. 

So there is no point, unless you create it. Existence is completely pointless, which is what allowing the creation of meaning or purpose. You are God, playing in the sand of Consciousness, building infinite sandcastles that all of which will return to the infinite "sea" of Consciousness.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Video Games are fun even though they're are just video games. 'ah this game would better if it was not a video game and it was real life!'...no, you just play the video game because it's a video game.

What's the point of doing the opposite? 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

14 hours ago, Tudo said:

I really don't think that gurus like Leo are saying that you are actually in some kind of simulated reality or virtual reality world like how they have portrayed it in The Matrix movie series or in any kind of sci-fi shows/movies. 

I hope you understand that because no one in their right mind would want anyone including yourself to commit suicide or hurt yourself in anything. Leo talk about this in his vid "The Dangers Of Misapplying Spiritual Teachings." 

Though I will say that what you are asking is a valid question and has been something that I've always thought about for a long time and I still haven't fully comprehend it to this day.

However, think from what I understand about the idea of you being in a "dream" is that you're not actually in a dream, but you always start out with a low level of perceiving reality in your awakened state. However, the more you work on developing your level of consciousness and enlightenment then the greater your perception of true reality will become.

Yet, if you are dead then you may not be in a "dream" anymore, but you also will not be able to perceive ANY reality AT ALL to ANY DEGREE, not even a shred of it. If you are in coma or in some state of unconsciousness then you really will be stuck in a literal perpetual dream state.

Edited by Hardkill

Yeah there's no point to anything which can feel very threatening to an individual that thrives on meaning, purpose & value.

Freedom in disguise.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

As far as I know the only point could be said to be something like love. But even then, it is more akin to music, it just doesn't need a point at all. The experience itself is the point.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)