ShardMare

Is Actualized.org bad for average people?

37 posts in this topic

There are so many traps here. This work is meant to be done for years and years.

Philosophy and spirituality is bad for average people. 

Its just makes you question a lot of things, and if you dont have a disciplined mind then you are f*cked.

The more i watch Leo the more i realize how stupid  i am and how easy it is to deceive myself. I dont know nothing. 

Im 17, i should be doing material things, do "stupid" things and fix my material life. I shouldnt do philosophy. In the way i do it its not healthy and its just masturbation.

I think spirituality, philosophy should be done after 40, but i may be wrong.

What is your opinion?

develop the foundation of how to survive  ie how to have success,develop social skills,etc. after u have a decent grasp of that , then   u can learn philosophy.

also u can start meditating from tomarrow morning. pick a spiritual path that u resonate with and start mediating tomarrow morning

develop the practical foundational skills and then go into advanced topic. u can get the foundation within 5 years imo

All of Leo's content has grounded my life very practically. Especially the life purpose course. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

When you talk about work I assume you mean personal development, because that's what Actualized.org is about.

It's not only philosphy or spirituality, but also very practical and ''normal'' stuff that every person who want's to live good life can learn and apply into his basic everyday life. 

Forget the deep topics for now if they don't feel authentic and you can't apply them into your life any good way. At that age you have lots of basic survival challenges ahead and that's where your main focuse should be.

Enjoy and LIVE life and see where it takes you. The same wisdom that brought you here will move you to right direction.

I think 2 people commited suicide after the enlightenment video series because they misundestood liberation with death, so yes, it's dangerous for average people.

Leo's content is (for the most part) great.
This forum is where the crazies gather. 

If you are 17, you should focus on building a life for yourself. 
Forget the hardcore spiritual stuff for now and just start with a simple meditation practice. 
Build a strong fundament, focus on practical stuff.
Learn how to do basic things like cooking and cleaning.
Do some sort of physical activity an a regular basis.
Find out what do you want to do with your life - pursue a goal and see where it takes you
Become good at something. Grasp the financial aspect of life.
Learn how to think. Acquire a strong work ethic. Face your fears.
Get your sexual life in order - gather experience in that field.
Most importantly: Have fun. Go out. Socialize! 

Thats what you should do in your 20's and sometimes even early 30's.
Add more spiritual stuff after you have built some sort of fundament! 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

6 hours ago, ShardMare said:

This is your belief system.

I think "average people" will probably not be interested anyway and brush it off pretty quick. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Yes I think its bad for most people. 

20 hours ago, ShardMare said:

The more i watch Leo the more i realize how stupid  i am and how easy it is to deceive myself. I dont know nothing. 

Its okay you're not stupid, the way he teaches just makes people feel that way, and it's not a good thing. 

The way Leo talks is very judgmental and condescending to the ego and its selfish tendencies, which just further alienates the ego and makes it feel like its "wrong". Its in the way he talks, not what he says. Yes the ego deceives you and works against you the more you fight with it, try to change it, and call out its stuff in a confrontational matter. The ego and our selfish tendencies are part of being human, and there's nothing wrong there, just other people decide its wrong, and try and impose that belief on others which creates unnecessary confusion and crisis.

14 hours ago, undeather said:

Leo's content is (for the most part) great.
This forum is where the crazies gather. 

If you are 17, you should focus on building a life for yourself. 
Forget the hardcore spiritual stuff for now and just start with a simple meditation practice. 
Build a strong fundament, focus on practical stuff.
Learn how to do basic things like cooking and cleaning.
Do some sort of physical activity an a regular basis.
Find out what do you want to do with your life - pursue a goal and see where it takes you
Become good at something. Grasp the financial aspect of life.
Learn how to think. Acquire a strong work ethic. Face your fears.
Get your sexual life in order - gather experience in that field.
Most importantly: Have fun. Go out. Socialize! 

Thats what you should do in your 20's and sometimes even early 30's.
Add more spiritual stuff after you have built some sort of fundament! 

+1 spot on!

my mini-blog!

https://wp.me/PcmO4b-T 

@ZenSwift yes leos content is good but i havent done it in a careful way so i wasted a lot of time.

@Snader @undeather yes thats what i feel i should do

@Terell Kirby yes of course it is

@Rigel But how they arent interested? The average life is so boring. Doing the same things everyday would be bad. A lot of people are burnt out and depressed. Why dont they look out for all possibilities and try self-help?

On 2/6/2022 at 6:22 PM, Shawn Philips said:

I think 2 people commited suicide after the enlightenment video series because they misundestood liberation with death, so yes, it's dangerous for average people.

I don't think their suicide had anything to do with the video. At least in the case of the first guy.

You can still do spirituality and philosophy while tending to the more basic parts of life as a priority to build a foundation. Doing a bunch of psychedelics at 17 is probably a bad move in most cases for example though. If I hadn’t started my own business and seen it succeed before getting more hardcore into spirituality, my life would likely be far worse than it is now. 

I was doing spirituality and philosophy years before starting a business, and this was fine as I hadn’t taken it too deep until after the business was doing well. This wasn’t really a strategic move on my part. The dominos just happened to fall in the right order. I encourage you to build a foundation with meditation while you set your survival situation more in order. 

Build your credit, save money, find a decent job or go to college, invest your saved money, live below your means, build social skills, focus to a degree on relationships and growing in that area, etc. Doing all of these things before going too deep into spirituality has served me quite well. 

If you succeed to a high degree with spirituality too early, you might sap yourself of the motivation and ability to develop these more basic things. I’ve seen it happen to multiple friends from this very community firsthand. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

11 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

If you succeed to a high degree with spirituality too early, you might sap yourself of the motivation and ability to develop these more basic things. I’ve seen it happen to multiple friends from this very community firsthand. 

And how did they cope? This is kinda whats happening to me and it sucks.

2 hours ago, GrandeOrso said:

And how did they cope? This is kinda whats happening to me and it sucks.

From what I’ve seen they just keep getting sucked into spirituality more and more. This is potentially one of the hardest things to stop when you’re getting results from it. You have to really get clear on why a foundation will help and remind yourself consistently. Otherwise you risk having nothing to show for your life other than awakening. That’s not the best life, but it can be a good one. It’s incredibly hard for me to be motivated by simpler self-help things now too. There is a real possibility of you being paralyzed in life by satisfaction brought about through spiritual work. The issue is that it’s not necessarily a problem, but it is far different than what most people’s goals actually are. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@ShardMare

On 06/02/2022 at 11:10 AM, ShardMare said:

There are so many traps here. This work is meant to be done for years and years.

Its just makes you question a lot of things, and if you dont have a disciplined mind then you are f*cked.

Im 17, i should be doing material things, do "stupid" things and fix my material life. I shouldnt do philosophy. In the way i do it its not healthy and its just masturbation.

I think spirituality, philosophy should be done after 40, but i may be wrong.

What is your opinion?

Balance between basic self help and advanced stuff, that is enough.

Philosophy and spirituality is like a bug, once you are properly bitten there isn’t really a way back. You may push it away for a while, but eventually you will come back at it again. Thus in a way you don’t really have a choice in the matter. You could also say that some people are called toward this kind of work, while others are not. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

It is risky asf. Be careful. Spiritual teachers dont want you to know all the risk involved. They just sell you the good stuff. I have got into many problems before and had to stop spirituality. 

Doing spirituality is almost like being a bomb technician. Thats how risky it is. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

First, why would you call yourself average?

Second, I am sure Leo set up his teachings such that it will benefits even the most average viewers as long as they are conscientious and do what's required.

It's great for everyone. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.