Luca001

How to get up from bed

30 posts in this topic

Does anybody find really difficult to get up from bed? I'm a pretty functional human being in many facets of life, I'd say I'm productive ecc ecc.

But, I struggle to get up from bed especially in the winter when I'm covered in warm blankets, it's like i can't move my muscles or make the mental effort to do so. And it's only fucking getting up from bed it's not going to the moon... The only time I can get up in a second is when if I don't do so others are going to be late for me. I'm ruining my morning by doing so, I stay in bed like 10 hours instead of 8 and a half.

Every advise is accepted, thanks.

put your alarm on the other side of the room. Your body is still half asleep when you wake, you just need to get you blood moving to get that energy... 

I also struggled with this especially in the winter lol. A solution that I found that helped me overcome this was similar to @Theperciever suggestion. I put my phone alarm in the bathroom so i would have to immediately shut it off and brush my teeth, which was kind of my key to starting the day off right.

is it more because it’s comfy or because you don’t want to open your eyes?

you maybe need to find a rule, only to do it on weekends, and then do sth nice while in bed, like breakfast or reading, morning meditation, bed yoga. if you do it, enjoy your time, make your bedroom a place to relax and recharge energy - might be its something you need and your body is taking for itself to recover from stressful situations. 

i don’t know if a hard approach on the other days of the week is the best, like forcing yourself to stand up. probably at the beginning - and also a ritual in the morning out of bed, you like to do which works like a teaser but also like a reward, sports is not bad, but could also be a walk, maybe you just need some time for yourself in the morning, sth which is a motivator not sth you need more motivation to do.

there is probably stuff you can do to make standing up not so hard, like putting on music some minutes before you do.

Edited by mememe

I got an alarm app that in order to turn off the alarm, I need to take my phone to another room and scan a barcode

It also has other options like solving maths problems

It works, but I'm still always miserable when I get up in the morning even though I enjoy my life quite a lot. I'm just not a morning person

trick is, once head lifts up off the pillow don't put it back down again

alarm rings, head up to turn alarm off, spring out of bed

has never let me down

I totally feel you on that. Getting out of bed in winter time can be like torture. I have a space heater right next to my bed that I’ll turn on about 2-3 hours before I have to be up, so by the time I get out of bed, my room is all warm and toasty when I take off the blanket.  

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

The solution is simple:

1. Make sure you're getting 8 hours of sleep a night
  2. No screens before bed
  3. Sleep on the floor

Sleeping on the floor makes it incredibly easy to wake up in the morning, it's what monks do.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 hour ago, Medhansh said:

What's the name of the app?

Alarmy.

It works really well on Android but I imagine on iOS it might not work as well

It's just the transition from warm to cold that's really difficult. Remind yourself that it's seconds of pain instead of hours of regret.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

I don't know, I don't usually have this problem, granted, I get about ten hours of sleep a night.  I go to bed super early, like around 8 or 9 and I keep that routine, and my body just sleeps through the whole night until around 6 or 7 in the morning and I feel refreshed.  I also use a floor mat and sleep on the floor.  Maybe your body is telling you that it needs ten hours instead of 8?

I personaly when can't wake up put my back against the wall and meditate for some time in semi sleep/semi meditation state. Then the lethargy and resistence wears off somehow. 

2 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

3. Sleep on the floor

I think this could work also.

1. Set heating to turn on 15-30 minutes before your wake up alarm 

2. Try Anchoring Technique (it's like pavlovian conditioning)  - Check out on utube but it's training ur mind to wake up to your alarm like how a cat knows where to get food or a trained dog quites & sits still in response to its owner. 

3. set alarm clock to heavy music, upbeat energetic song that u like, put phone towards other side of the room s

4. If no heating then have easy to put on clothin write next to your pellow > e.g sports outfit/tracksuit hoodie 

5. Had 1 LItre bottle of water ready on desk or other side of room

6. Inmediately open curtains if there's sun light 

7. Put in some good big headphone & play some upbeat music, especially like movie soundtrack stuff. 

8. Try jumping out of bed dramtaically & do some weird dance, imagine some demon's tryna strangle u so to fight your way up to save your life. 

9. Have a pee bucket next your bed - sometimes the need to pee actually makes me stay in bed. 

Edited by Striving for more

15 hours ago, Luca001 said:

Does anybody find really difficult to get up from bed?

Simple: drag your ass out of bed.

At that point it's you against your lazy, ungrateful self.

You can defeat it with sheer willpower (and consecutive alarms set on your smartphone).

1 hour ago, Striving for more said:

Inmediately open curtains if there's sun light

I will never understand how any human can sleep with curtains shut

Waking up when it's pitch black is one of the most depressing things I can experience in an average day

Here's your problem: You don't have a juicy enough reason to be getting out of bed. If you did, you could barely sleep.

When your life has no purpose you have no reason to get out of bed, and you will even die sooner. Because why live? Your life is pointless and so literally your body will shut down sooner.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's your problem: You don't have a juicy enough reason to be getting out of bed. If you did, you could barely sleep.

When your life has no purpose you have no reason to get out of bed, and you will even die sooner. Because why live? Your life is pointless and so literally your body will shut down sooner.

I would add, put some chocolate cookies in your kitchen so that it motivates to get out of bed sooner :)

@Leo Gura I have one question from you that - Will I be able to fullfill my life purpose? As I have a purpose in life and also I love the course which I am studying(as I have found that what I love most about life ).

28 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I would add, put some chocolate cookies in your kitchen so that it motivates to get out of bed sooner :)

If you want to live a decent life, cut the sugar out. It’s nothing but a deadly poison.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie