Luca001

How to get up from bed

30 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

If you want to live a decent life, cut the sugar out. It’s nothing but a deadly poison.

Good point.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

I know it may feel a little difficult at the beginning, but I would suggest starting first by getting some external push or motivation to get the wheels of your life rolling so you can have a little love for life, and build some momentum. See Nootropics but take caution. Drink more water, I've noticed it helps a lot. Find some good routine for your sleep. Look into your diet. Do some workout, even some stretching and any kind of physical activity that would distract you from your mind and bring you to the moment to feel all parts of your body. Avoid the things that de-motivate you during the day. Eliminate them one by one. 

But also know that, that is not going to be the ultimate solution! Use that game to trick your ego out of the bed so you can start engaging with life. Here is that ultimate reason that you have little motivation for getting out of the bed: Somewhere in your life you are avoiding some truth. So while you are getting extrinsic motivation to move through life, also start that energy and love for life to self-reflect and contemplate deeply, where in life you are not facing some truth.

Put the alarm with Hitler songs in your other room. So you'll have to wake ASAP and turn it off. Will work especially well if you're an early riser and wake up at 4-5-6 AM

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Luca001 If you can I recommend 1 hour mediation before bed shit is fire for sleep and you will wake up great (at least this was it for me). Also if you feel sleep 20, 10, 5 min into the meditation try mediating for a little more like 5 mins then go to sleep.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's your problem: You don't have a juicy enough reason to be getting out of bed. If you did, you could barely sleep.

When your life has no purpose you have no reason to get out of bed, and you will even die sooner. Because why live? Your life is pointless and so literally your body will shut down sooner.

Could spirituality, the gym, social skills and enlightenment work be a form of life purpose? 

And maybe the original poster suffer from adohenia and/or depression. 

Edited by Evoke

Thank you all!

Luckily I don't suffer from depression, but I'm working on finding my life purpose so that's probably a thing that would push me out of bed in a second, that's for sure. I recognize how when I really look forward to do something and I'm excited,I jump out of bed as soon as I wake up.

I'll try to use some of the techniques you advised,today I had to walk towards my alarm and I managed to get up in seconda,not so energized but still I did.

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's your problem: You don't have a juicy enough reason to be getting out of bed. If you did, you could barely sleep.

When your life has no purpose you have no reason to get out of bed, and you will even die sooner. Because why live? Your life is pointless and so literally your body will shut down sooner.

Do I have to BS myself into a purpose? Or is there an inherent purpose?

On 4.2.2022 at 6:59 PM, Evoke said:

Could spirituality, the gym, social skills and enlightenment work be a form of life purpose? 

Purpose is relative, there is no inherent purpose to anything. It has purpose if you say so. If it excites you, then it is purposeful

On 4.2.2022 at 11:33 PM, blankisomeone said:

Do I have to BS myself into a purpose? Or is there an inherent purpose?

If there was an inherent puspose then reality would be like a clockwork. Working the same for everybody. Modern societies already are pretty mechanical, you don't want more mechanics

Edited by Jakuchu

On 2/4/2022 at 6:59 PM, Evoke said:

And maybe the original poster suffer from adohenia and/or depression. 

You have to contemplate what you actually want out of life, those are just generic habits you acquired (nothing wrong with them).