Ya know

Why was Jesus crucified and Buddha not?

25 posts in this topic

Both enlightened people preaching truth, one accepted the other hated. What do you think?

One of the Buddha's followers had attempted to kill the Buddha by releasing an elephant.

There is always a desire to suppress truth. Osho was assassinated. Leo is constantly accused of being a cult leader. People tried to ruin Sadghuru by accusing him of spousal murder.

And Jesus was so hated after he spoke the truth, that they literally had the poor guy nailed to wood, poked him with a spear, and shoved a sponge of vinegar in his mouth while he was up on the cross after telling him that it was water.

A Buddha (any enlightened being) is also bound to be misinterpreted, and their ideas turned into dogma and cults. That's what happened to Jesus, the Buddha, Muhammed, Confucius, and will inevitably happen to Leo. As that is what the devil does.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Different era, location, culture, beliefs of the people. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

9 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Leo is constantly accused of being a cult leader.

A Buddha (any enlightened being) is also bound to be misinterpreted, and their ideas turned into dogma and cults. That's what happened to Jesus, the Buddha, Muhammed, Confucius, and will inevitably happen to Leo. As that is what the devil does.

i can count with my two hands the people who are  honest and sincere like leo in the field of self help. almost all of them are corrupt and dishonest

because the buddha was still with the gods was in the dao, while jesus was against them and against him and therefore not in the dao.

Because Jesus said things that in his culture were perceived to be utter heresy - claiming that you are God was totally unacceptable. 

The Buddha lived in a tradition of Hiduism. Being a Buddha was nothing new or heretical. 

the buddha said there were millions of buddhas before him and there will be millions after

jesus was like i am the son of god, follow me for salvation - that was utter blashphemy to the people around him

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

meditation started in india 5000 or more years ago. budha did not bring anything new . the indian sages already  knew what budha is saying.

Edited by itachi uchiha

I don't think there is proof Osho was assassinated. He even tried to commit suicide while at Rajneesh parajm .

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Because Advaita Vedanta already existed in India, and it basically taught the same thing in different language.   Plus Buddha didn’t claim to be God as explicitly as Jesus did.  There were plenty of spiritual yogi types at the time teaching similar things.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

Probably luck of the draw re which culture they were in

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

i think i might watch the passion of christ today because of this topic

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I don't think there is proof Osho was assassinated. He even tried to commit suicide while at Rajneesh parajm .

@Thought Art

At least in his last words he claimed that Americans poisoned him in prison

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

I wonder how you can teach deep truth without being demonized. I'm so fascinated with how to weave down the rapids of the fragile mind that closes at a instant. I want to learn some model that helps understand levels levels of open mindedness relative to how loose the ego identity is. 

This understanding would also help a lot with trying to talk to people in general. 

It seems to be that the more you fuck with ego attachments grounding their reality, the more of the defences you will encounter.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ya know said:

Both enlightened people preaching truth, one accepted the other hated. What do you think?

Eckhart Tolle has talked about this.

Basically, the Buddha was smart. He spoke in such a way that the only people who would understand him already knew the truth, so as not to offend people.

When asked about God he just answered with Nobel silence

Edited by Raze

The issue is that, the coming of the Messiah was anticipated for centuries before Jesus arrived.

Jesus knew he would be betrayed and that he would be sacrificed for the greater good of humanity and for the prophesies to be fulfilled.

Jesus opposed the pharisees because it was HE that spoke the LAW since the beginning!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:51 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

One of the Buddha's followers had attempted to kill the Buddha by releasing an elephant.

There is always a desire to suppress truth. Osho was assassinated. Leo is constantly accused of being a cult leader. People tried to ruin Sadghuru by accusing him of spousal murder.

And Jesus was so hated after he spoke the truth, that they literally had the poor guy nailed to wood, poked him with a spear, and shoved a sponge of vinegar in his mouth while he was up on the cross after telling him that it was water.

Not all enlightened beings are Buddhas. That’s kinda Buddhism 101 stuff… I’m surprised to see someone make that claim.

Now if anyone can tell me what type of Buddha “the Buddha” was without using a search engine, I will express mail them one of my mother’s cookies. 

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization.