Gneh Onebar

Adeptus Psychonautica about Connor Murphy and Actualized

196 posts in this topic

On 05/12/2020 at 11:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

Interesting framing.

So if I supported Connor Murphy, I would be a monster enabling a false god. And if I say that he's going down the road of Zen devilry, then it is "strange" and I'm also to blame for creating him. Even though I have an entire video explaining the dangers of Zen devilry.

Heads I win, tails you lose.

My teachings are not an ideology and being God is not an ideology. I have no idea what Connor Murphy is doing and I have never endorsed whatever he's doing. Until a few weeks ago, I had no idea he even watches me. And just cause he watches a few of my videos means nor says nothing. You have no idea who else he might be following, what books he might be reading, etc.

It's also not a good idea to judge Connor's psychological state too much. He's clearly going through a spiritual process, which he is recording live, so of course it will not look stable or "proper" the way that people expect.

Keep in mind, if Eckhart Tolle live-streamed his awakening as it happened, everyone would be saying that Tolle has lost his mind and needs professional help. There's no reason why Connor cannot stabilize and become a solid teacher some years down the road once he gets some of the Zen devilry out of his system.

Nobody is born as a solid spiritual master. You become a master by going through decades of trail and error and spiritual mistakes.

Judging Connor's process is not very wise. Let the man go through whatever he needs to go through. Connor is recording the actual process of waking up. It's a brutal process. I experience similar pushback from people when I release raw, unedited videos of my process. Any deviation from propriety is ridiculed and judged. People expect you to be like Eckhart Tolle or Sadhguru, all happy and calm. Which is a joke.

Which is why I have no interest any more in releasing raw, honest footage of my own process. People will just ridicule it and not understand. People don't want raw honesty, they want fake spiritual perfection.

As far as the theatrics, gimmickry, and business schemes that Connor engages in -- none of that aligns with my teachings.

Also, I should say, this Adeptus guy is strawmanning the shit out of my spiritual realizations. I have never claimed to be any kind of messiah nor have I ever claimed that I can heal all of mankind through miracles. His portrayal of my insights is basically slander.

Everything I said in my spiritual videos is still true:

• I am God (but so are you)
  • I have been more conscious than most spiritual teachers or gurus
  • Psychic abilities are real
  • Healing is real and possible, although of course it is not a power the ego controls and it will not magically heal the whole world. When I spoke about these powers I clearly said this is still something I'm exploring and struggling to develop.

These claims are not so crazy. Any serious spiritual practitioner understands that claims #1, #3, and #4 are obviously correct. They might dispute claim #2, but, oh well, that's just a common spiritual dispute that every spiritual person has at some point.

I have not backtracked on any "psychic superpower nonsense" because siddhis are not nonsense -- they are a well-known aspect of spiritual work which has existed among serious spiritual practitioners since the dawn of time. What's nonsense is Adeptus' absurd strawmanning of a guy who mentions siddhis. That is coming from a place of arrogance,  ignorance, and closedmindedness. I have in fact NEVER claimed to have supernatural powers. But I know people who do and I know they can be developed by certain people (not even necessarily me). My work and teachings have NEVER been about supernatural powers or showing off in the manner of Connor Murphy.

Adeptus misunderstand what happened with me. It's not that I backed off of anything I said. It's simply that when I said those things I discovered states of consciousness that virtually no human has ever accessed and I said things in a raw fashion as part of showing people the raw work that I was in the middle of doing. But when I show raw work like that, people now expect me to be unhinged forever, but of course, in fact I'm very well grounded and they are shocked when they see me come back the next week or month and record very grounded videos, taking this to mean that I'm contradicting myself when in fact I've just integrated the raw realizations from before -- as you're supposed to do.

The thing to understand is this: When I show a video of a raw awakening or a post-retreat debrief, I'm not in a fully grounded state (of course), and this is shown to the viewer specifically to give you a taste of what this work feels like because otherwise the viewer gets the false impression that this work is always grounded and that I am some stoic, emotionless, autistic robot. Out of 300+ of my grounded videos, Adeptus cherrypicks 2 raw live awakening videos and a pre-retreat and post-retreat video that came after an intense 30 straight days of 5-MeO-DMT, to demonize my entire teaching and build his biased narrative. Watch the other 300+ videos for context. And if you dare, let's see how your first video will look after 30 straight days of 5-MeO-DMT breakthroughs. I'll bet you'll be a bit emotional and glowing with insight. I sacrificed myself for the sake of psychedelic science and this is the shit I get from my fellow psychonaut? Not only do I get shit from non-psychonauts about this non-stop, now I have to deal with shit from psychonauts too?

Adeptus, if you read this, please stop with your whiteknight routine. I know you mean well, but you're getting carried away with your good-guy act and you are unwittingly slandering my work. My work is more grounded than your rants, so please spare me the outrage. Connor Murphy is his own man and I am not responsible for whatever zany shit he decides to do. I will however email Connor and try to have a talk with him about the dangers of presenting these ideas to the public so that awakening, psychedelics, and "I am God" are not mis-perceived by the public. I very much care about that. Whether he will even listen to me is questionable. I am not his daddy and to frame me that way is irresponsible in and of itself. This guy is a total stranger to me. He's not any kind of formal student of mine. What you're doing is akin to someone watching your YouTube videos about psychedelics, taking a massive dose of 1000ug LSD, jumping out the window, killing himself, and then people blaming you for it because, hey, Adeptus told him that psychedelics are good, despite all the warnings you issued. That's exactly what you're doing to me in the name of playing a whiteknight with your moral outrage. Excuse me, but who died and made you the Pope of psychedelics? Just because someone has a different process than you with psychedelics that you disagree with does not make you right nor does it give you the moral high ground to judge them for it. You don't like me enjoying 5-MeO-DMT in a bathtub? You think that's dangerous? Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. You have no clue of my actual situation when I did that.

Psychedelics are dangerous. Spiritual work is dangerous. I've always said that. In the hands of a fool psychedelics and/or spiritual work can get you killed. But the Truth is the Truth regardless. The Truth is, psychedelics can show you that you are God. And it doesn't matter how many people get killed, the Truth will always remain the Truth.

Also: Connor Murphy was NOT banned from the forum. Some of his posts were so self-promotional (promoting donations to his Patreon account) that our good Mods were right to moderate some of it. He is still free to post here and he has not contacted me personally for advice. If he did, I would gladly offer it. But I would never presume to go around telling another teacher or YouTuber how to run his business. I didn't give Connor advice because I didn't feel he would be receptive to it.

All of the above is so obvious that I hardly feel it needs to be stated. I have never felt a need to state it until now, but now I'm forced to state it because clearly people like Adeptus got some really wrong ideas about my teachings and how spiritual development works and now I feel I have to publicly correct this slander and strawmanning. It's bad enough that my work is slandered by all sorts of ignorant noobs, materialists, and religious fundamentalists -- I expect that -- but when my work is slandered by a fellow psychonaut who should have a deep understanding of the trickeries of this work -- that leaves me disappointed. Since day one of my teachings I have always spoken out about the dangers and traps of psychedelics, spiritual work, ideology, cults, and self-deception. I have always steered people away from irresponsible use of psychedelics and Zen devilry.

The bottom line is this: give a man some room to spiritually develop without breathing down his neck and telling him everything he's doing wrong. That is, if you're truly compassionate and care about his development. But if you want to create sensational YouTube rant videos, I guess that's another matter. But if you care about truth, be careful how your mind constructs convenient narratives to explain away stuff like what's going on with Connor Murphy. The bottom line is that you have no idea what he's going through and what the right process is for him.

If you, Adeptus, ever want to correct the record, I'm more than happy to explain all this publicly with you. My work is grounded and it will always remain grounded and I will always condemn teachings and teachers which are ungrounded.

But of course, there truly is no ground ;)

@Leo Gura This was great to read. People are so quick to judge and point fingers on people in the spotlight. Your work is greatly appreciated and deep down everyone wishes you the best  <)

I'm going through a radical awaking atm and if live streamed would look like a nutcase, reading this has made me feel better x

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you have any criticisms or complaints about my work feel free to post them here and I will answer them.

I get the feeling Leo is a little worried about stepping out of his comfort zone. Too bad, since that's where true growth happens. Also could've made for an interesting video. Oh well...

Edited by Zingo

12 minutes ago, Zingo said:

I get the feeling Leo is a little worried about stepping out of his comfort zone. 

Openly inviting criticisms and complaints is hardly staying in your comfort zone.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, Zingo said:

I get the feeling Leo is a little worried about stepping out of his comfort zone. Too bad, since that's where true growth happens. Also could've made for an interesting video. Oh well...

This depends on the mind’s level of expansion and perspective. 

Imagine we are giving a tour about South America and discussing how the various countries in South America are inter-related. Someone in the group as never been outside of Ecuador and doesn’t realize there is more to South America than Ecuador. Since mind is contracted, it will misinterpret what the tour guide is teaching because the mind in interpreting everything through the small lens of Ecuador. So when the tour guide talks about “countries”, the mind thinks “Ecuador”. When the tour guide speaks of Peruvian pan flutes, the mind will say “That is insane and crazy!! That isn’t real!!! The tour guide is delusional!!”. This person can enter devilry by trying to block people in the tour group from realizing greater truth (from awakening to the many countries in South America). 

From the perspective of those trapped within a contracted mind and defending that contraction, they will want to challenge the tour guide. It’s not even about the tour guide, it’s about expanding awareness to realize more South American countries. Yet a small locked mind will misinterpret the tour guide’s message and will personalize it. 

It does little good to engage with such a mind because they will only use their map of Ecuador. We cannot show them a map of South America unless they are willing to let go of their Ecuador map. And since they are using the wrong lens, they will misinterpret everything in the bigger picture.  If we discuss Rio de Janeiro they will say “There is no Rio in Quito Ecuador, show it on my map!”. . . The key for them is to realize they are missing something, get curious, let go of their small map and explore. Yet this is precisely what they are not willing to do and some minds will go to extraordinary lengths to hold onto their small map. For some minds, it is a matter of life and death. 

For those who have direct experience and are aware of the larger map, it is disappointing, frustrating and comical to see someone contracted within a small map saying “Looks like the tour guide is worried about stepping outside his comfort zone to discuss how Ecuador is South America”. 

3 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Promising women spiritual enlightenment by having sexual intercourse with them. Yeah definitely not gonna result in hundreds of rape charges in a few years. How can someone not realise the danger of this?

They wanted spiritual enlightenment but got chlamydia instead. God works in mysterious ways. :D 

There is some truth to what Connor is saying. It is possible to access Non-dual Oneness through Tantric sex. BUT, one should not get attached to the method. 

48 minutes ago, Zingo said:

34 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Openly inviting criticisms and complaints is hardly staying in your comfort zone.

12 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

This depends on the mind’s level of expansion and perspective. 

Imagine we are giving a tour about South America and discussing how the various countries in South America are inter-related. Someone in the group as never been outside of Ecuador and doesn’t realize there is more to South America than Ecuador. Since mind is contracted, it will misinterpret what the tour guide is teaching because the mind in interpreting everything through the small lens of Ecuador. So when the tour guide talks about “countries”, the mind thinks “Ecuador”. When the tour guide speaks of Peruvian pan flutes, the mind will say “That is insane and crazy!! That isn’t real!!! The tour guide is delusional!!”. This person can enter devilry by trying to block people in the tour group from realizing greater truth (from awakening to the many countries in South America). 

From the perspective of those trapped within a contracted mind and defending that contraction, they will want to challenge the tour guide. It’s not even about the tour guide, it’s about expanding awareness to realize more South American countries. Yet a small locked mind will misinterpret the tour guide’s message and will personalize it. 

It does little good to engage with such a mind because they will only use their map of Ecuador. We cannot show them a map of South America unless they are willing to let go of their Ecuador map. And since they are using the wrong lens, they will misinterpret everything in the bigger picture.  If we discuss Rio de Janeiro they will say “There is no Rio in Quito Ecuador, show it on my map!”. . . The key for them is to realize they are missing something, get curious, let go of their small map and explore. Yet this is precisely what they are not willing to do and some minds will go to extraordinary lengths to hold onto their small map. For some minds, it is a matter of life and death. 

For those who have direct experience and are aware of the larger map, it is disappointing, frustrating and comical to see someone contracted within a small map saying “Looks like the tour guide is worried about stepping outside his comfort zone to discuss how Ecuador is South America”. 

I thought Zingo meant Leo isn't stepping out of his comfort zone by discussing with Adeptus Psychonautica publicly. I got this from looking at the context that Rob wanted to discuss this topic more openly, yet Leo contracted to only discussing within this little thread.

A discussion with Rob might be somewhat enriching. Yet he used the word "rational" which means he's gonna keep within the rational paradigm. And that means nothing will go anywhere. Yet at the same time, if Leo doesn't give people like him an opportunity to discuss this stuff, Leo's taking on an authoritarian role. He saying he is right and that's not up for debate. Which means he can come across as being dogmatic himself. Yeah you can make the argument that there's no point in debate and discussion. But in reality that's not how society works. If you aren't open for debate, in this orange stage world you'll get demonized and that will be a sign of weakness/dogma.

13 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

I thought Zingo meant Leo isn't stepping out of his comfort zone by discussing with Adeptus Psychonautica publicly. I got this from looking at the context that Rob wanted to discuss this topic more openly, yet Leo contracted to only discussing within this little thread.

A discussion with Rob might be somewhat enriching. Yet he used the word "rational" which means he's gonna keep within the rational paradigm. And that means nothing will go anywhere. Yet at the same time, if Leo doesn't give people like him an opportunity to discuss this stuff, Leo's taking on an authoritarian role. He saying he is right and that's not up for debate. Which means he can come across as being dogmatic himself. Yeah you can make the argument that there's no point in debate and discussion. But in reality that's not how society works. If you aren't open for debate, in this orange stage world you'll get demonized and that will be a sign of weakness/dogma.

I hear you, but it's a case of damned if you do or don't. Publicity has a tendency to superinflate egos. Take Donald Trump. Would you prefer to feed his ego by debating him at one of his rallies, or to just ignore him? In Leo's case, ignoring isn't the best option either, because it makes him look like he has something to hide. Welcoming honest criticism in a more limited setting seems like a reasonable compromise.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I'm a little bit disappointed also about no discussion with Adeptus. I think Leo don't want discuss because his understanding of God is much more developed intellectually than embodied physically and emotionally. And it's hard to hold a frame with a rational, materialist guy when you still have these rational beliefs deep in your system (consciousness). 

Seems to me that to partake in a job like Leo's, half of what makes you valuable/an expert is how good you are at debating and communicating clearly in debates in a way that makes you seem like you know your shit. Then the other half is the actual fun stuff like discovering and studying more altered states of consciousness.

Every job has the shit part I guess. Its like how to be a great scientist, a good 70% is culture wars, marketing, fighting the common herd, administration, solving people conflicts, managing people's rebukes that aren't well thought out or have ulterior motives, politics. Then the rest is the actual fun stuff of inventing and architect-ing scientific experiments, coming up with scientific ideas, making elegant solutions to problems, etc.

27 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

A discussion with Rob might be somewhat enriching.

In my view, it depends on orientation. If someone was contracted within a small map and realized they were missing something and were curious about exploring that, then I can see that as being potentially enriching as it could show the process of expansion. People could see the process of the mind realizing “Omigosh! What is that? That’s a thing called ‘Brazil’? I was misunderstanding what Brazil was! I thought Brazil was a type of sandwich in Ecuador. Wow, that’s amazing. What else is on this larger map?”. 

Yet if the mind’s orientation is to debate, argue and defend it’s small map of misunderstanding that Ecuador is South America - I don’t see it as enriching. Ime, it’s a huge distraction in which the mind defends it’s position and it re-enforces one’s trap in a contracted view.

I don’t think many people are aware of how much space there is between these conscious levels. In the context of SD, there is massive space between Tier 1 and Tier 2. It would be like a teacher wanting to teach Calculus and someone arguing that Calculus is a type of coffee that dogs like to drink. That is not an enriching place for someone serious about teaching calculus or students serious about learning calculus. 

In my view, Adeptus is contracting within a small, personal-based map and is misinterpreting Trans-personal. He could probably do well within a small, personal map - just as someone contracted within a small map of Ecuador can do fine within that map of Ecuador. The problem is misinterpreting bigger picture by wearing a small picture lens. Imo, this is what adeptus is doing, and that causes distortions. Yet rather than taking out the small lens - he seems to assume his small lens interpretations are correct in a bigger picture he cannot see (because he is unwilling to take out his small lens). That’s just my take from watching a few of his videos. 

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

Seems to me that to partake in a job like Leo's, half of what makes you valuable/an expert is how good you are at debating and communicating clearly in debates in a way that makes you seem like you know your shit.

Debates are incredibly inefficient and crude. You guys aren’t seeing the massive developmental space between Tier 1 and 2.

At higher conscious levels, debating with someone oriented to argue his position is like trying to learn a foreign language from a guy that is drunk and vomiting.

Debates are inherently conceptual, and very rarely eventuate in enlightenment. The teacher with an unwilling student is better served by moving on. Might other people learn from the debate? Maybe, but even they are likely to see as they currently see, and leave as they already are.

17 hours ago, electroBeam said:

I've got friends who micro dose on datura every day as a means to deeply understand what psychosis, schizophrenia is.

WTF

16 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The problem is misinterpreting bigger picture by wearing a small picture lens. Imo, this is what adeptus is doing, and that causes distortions. Yet rather than taking out the small lens - he seems to assume his small lens interpretations are correct in a bigger picture he cannot see (because he is unwilling to take out his small lens). That’s just my take from watching a few of his videos.

Except how could it be any other way? xD That's literally what "I think I'm right" is, if he knew there was a bigger map, he wouldn't think he's right in the first place xD and there would probably be a good chance that he would explore that other map. His whole demonization is based on the assumption that his map is the biggest.

This is how its like in spiritual work. In science, scientists see this and thats why they are very humble when it comes to talking outside of their specialization. Yet spirituality is all about truth and its not as mappable and its more complicated so you get the problem above a lot.

EDIT: sorry science is all about truth too, but in science there's a mindset that specialization is part of truth, unlike spirituality where 1 state of consciousness is all truth.

16 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Debates are incredibly inefficient and crude. You guys aren’t seeing the massive developmental space between Tier 1 and 2.

At higher conscious levels, debating with someone oriented to argue his position is like trying to learn a foreign language from a guy that is drunk and vomiting.

That's all true and all. The original point I was making was more in terms with Leo interfacing with society. That's what I meant by Leo's expertise is in debating. Because debating is super crude but gets you somewhere in this society. Discussion doesn't because people aren't in a discussion mindset. My day job is mapping altered states of consciousness to mathematical structures, and I spend all day debating other mathematicians/scientists/engineers because thats what science (and the rest of society) is today. They don't understand discussion. You get somewhere by debating. Discussion and T2 stuff requires both a T2 transmitter and receiver. I can discuss all day in an open way about my beautiful mathematical structures and how it definitely and validly relates to altered states of consciousness, yet that wont stop all the other people saying im absolutely wrong (including the ones in peer review).

And I'm not sure what position you're in, working in humanities. But I'd assume Leo would be in a similar position to that, because the ones demonizing him are assuming they know it all.

If you know a way of making T2 discussions work with normies, I'm all ears.

Edited by electroBeam

@Leo Gura Everyone is god, because everyone is nothing. But no one can say that they are god, because god is nothing. When you say you are god, your ego is at the top. Even prophets, most awakening people never claims that they are god. Only ego claims to be something, but nothingness never does. It is already it. God has no self, no self never claims about anything for itself. Because there is nothing there (from both perspective). When Leo or this guy claims that They are god, thats an ego. God doesn’t talk, move, breathe, feel. It is just completely nothing. Even if you are the most awaken person in the entire history, you will have a 1 thought a day. So you can never claim to be god while understanding these sentences!!! In sufism there is a say that, if you are not 0 you can never be with 1. When you claim you are god, you can never be 1. Because god is nothing.

Peace!

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

@Leo Gura Everyone is god, because everyone is nothing. But no one can say that they are god, because god is nothing. When you say you are god, your ego is at the top. Even prophets, most awakening people never claims that they are god. Only ego claims to be something, but nothingness never does. It is already it. God has no self, no self never claims about anything for itself. Because there is nothing there (from both perspective). When Leo or this guy claims that They are god, thats an ego. God doesn’t talk, move, breathe, feel. It is just completely nothing. Even if you are the most awaken person in the entire history, you will have a 1 thought a day. So you can never claim to be god while understanding these sentences!!! 

You're describing here the 4th major state of consciousness in Buddhism. Yet it is not total non-duality, however, it is a stepping stone towards that. 

After you've reached total nonduality, you can claim to be god as much as you like. 

Do not turn this into a gossip thread.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Debates are like a fight to reverse anothers' position, and this flows from each participant. Openness is needed if any learning is to happen and this could mean consciously adopting some humility and an enquiring nature such that one can admit they might know less than another. 

At higher conscious levels, debating with someone oriented to argue his position is like trying to teach a foreign language to a guy that is drunk and vomiting.

21 hours ago, Forestluv said:

51 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Except how could it be any other way? xD That's literally what "I think I'm right" is, if he knew there was a bigger map, he wouldn't think he's right in the first place xD and there would probably be a good chance that he would explore that other map. His whole demonization is based on the assumption that his map is the biggest.

Curiosity, openness and willingness are super important in growth. Ime, it’s not very productive to engage in a mind that is 0-3 on these features and is oriented toward proving their Ecuador map is South America. Others may have more patience with engaging with that mindset, yet I’ve found it’s nearly always counter-productive. 

There is also a group aspect. If during a developmental biology class I engage with a student that wants to argue that a tiny human homunculus lives in each sperm, it is not fair to the serious students in class that actually want to learn. I would much rather teach a small group of 20 students that are serious about learning over 1,000 students that don’t want to learn, that want to argue about petty BS.

Because debating is super crude but gets you somewhere in this society.

It depends where/what that “somewhere” is. Hanging out with drunkards that are vomiting is a “somewhere”, yet a somewhere I don’t care to be.

I spend all day debating other mathematicians/scientists/engineers because thats what science (and the rest of society) is today. They don't understand discussion. You get somewhere by debating.

I didn’t say debate yielded no progress, I said it is very inefficient. Debate is like crawling up a mountain on one’s belly. Yes, there is progress, yet it is extremely inefficient. Once someone learns how to walk or take a helicopter, belly crawling loses its appeal.

And I'm not sure what position you're in, working in humanities.

I’m not in humanities. I teach/research, developmental biology, genetics, neuroscience and cell/molecular biology. Yet I’m not a traditional Orange-level scientist. I’m highly integrative and include psychology, sociology, mysticism, ethics etc into my science courses.

These are just my experiences, observations and impressions - and what happens to be appearing now. I’m not saying it’s an objective truth that I’m uniquely privy to. 

18 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@James123 I am nothing.

18 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You're describing here the 4th major state of consciousness in Buddhism. Yet it is not total non-duality, however, it is a stepping stone towards that. 

After you've reached total nonduality, you can claim to be god as much as you like. 

I have experience non duality, nothingness More than you can imagine. I am nothing, but monkey mind never stops talking while dreaming. You have no idea being completely nothing is. Body must die in order to completely be it. Body cant handle that nothingness. Being completely nothing is being completely absolute as black hole. If my awakening was little longer, i would be no more aware of you guys. I would be completely nothing. My body was going to split in the half.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Do not turn this into a gossip thread.

Lets see what will happen to your monkey mind, when the death comes. If you drinking water instead of poison, you still got a ego. Just warning.

Peace!!!

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."