Loving Radiance

Are YOU Leo's new girlfriend? (serious)

278 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What I did was bold and I knew it would be somewhat controversial. Some people will not like it.

I don't dislike it and I think it's totally fine. I think I'm in the group of finding it funny and sort of a meme. It's really logical and dry. I'm not sure it's the best approach for finding a girlfriend but in a sense it cuts out so much bullshit and will really only appeal to a type that is down for this so in a sense it's a time saver but leaves few matches. The thing is though I think the whole dating game is kinda beautiful in how it's a fairytale. It's not always honest but it can be. Healthy masculine can sill play the game if it sets boundaries and expectations for communication. The subtlety and sub-communications of it all play an important role and are a mixing of masculine and feminine energy. 

@Shin The way i see it is that the good looking guy is born rich. The not good looking guy with good game is the guy that is not born rich but is super smart or skilled and manages to become rich. Both are rich, just managed to become so using different methods. One was born, the other was earned.

If you are a good looking guy, an average personality will be enough to get a decent girls. You are set on this area of your life

If you are not a good looking guy then you need a great personality and you will get the same kind of girl, it will be harder ofc but life aint fair so deal with it

@tsuki There are like 8 boxes you need to tick. Some you need to tick harder than others.

Being okay looking in her eyes, funny, confident, not needy, not broke and a bit bold is a good start. These are kind of musts. Anything else is a bonus

So, after considering the situation, I've decided to retract my dating post because I see people getting resentful and this undermines the focus of my teachings, which is more important to me than dating. People will try to use this to demonize my teachings in the future, which I don't want to have to deal with as I get enough of that already.

For those who supported me, thanks and I appreciate your support. But I have to learn to be more careful with image issues and political correctness going forward because the pressures will become great to demonize my teachings as Actualized.org grows in size and naturally develops more enemies who will misconstrue everything I say in order to invalidate the work. This is something I have to think about more seriously going forward because really these teachings should be as little about me as possible. Ideally I want to take my personal self out of the teachings.

Sorry, my mistake. Party's over folks.

In the future I will be making further changes to my style and manner of delivery in order to make the teachings more selfless and tactful. The days where Actualized.org could be the wild west are coming to an end. As the size grows, image issues become more serious and important. This seems to be the nature of politics and public relations that I don't have much experience with. I am still learning to navigate these waters because my natural style is blunt and politically incorrect. I notice that I have to be much more careful and responsible as more people watch my content in ways that were not normal for me in the early days. I am looking forward to cleaning up my presentation so that it is more selfless and then you don't have worry so much about your friends saying that you are following a cult leader. Although of course that will be said no matter what due to the nature of the material we study.

I apologize for not being more forward-thinking about these issues.

One of the things I also plan to do in the future is clean up my language and stop dropping f-bombs. I've been thinking of doing that for some time now, and this situation will hasten that. I have been seeing for a while now that these changes will be necessary for what Actualized.org is to become in the future. My style needs to mature to reflect the gravity of the work. I will also hold myself to a higher standard as a role-model, because even though I don't particularly want to be one, people will treat me like one regardless and it is my responsibility to take that one as part of delivering these teachings. It just comes with the job.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

We can keep the thread open.

If anyone wants to voice their criticisms or whatever, have at it.

@Leo Gura Personally I didn't see any issues with the post. I actually thought it was quite genuine and honest. You didn't try to sell yourself as something you're not. 

My only concern was that, as you said above, people would almost certainly use it against you.

A brave call to retract the post - it was probably the right move. Put that post on an actual dating site and you'll be drowning in it. Best of luck to ya!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

He didn't specify that they had to be in Las Vegas, Leo looking for a long distance relationship lol?

hrhrhtewgfegege

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the future I will be making further changes to my style and manner of delivery in order to make the teachings more selfless and tactful. The days where Actualized.org could be the wild west are coming to an end. As the size grows, image issues become more serious and important. This seems to be the nature of politics and public relations that I don't have much experience with. I am still learning to navigate these waters because my natural style is blunt and politically incorrect. I notice that I have to be much more careful and responsible as more people watch my content in ways that were not normal for me in the early days. I am looking forward to cleaning up my presentation so that it is more selfless and then you don't have worry so much about your friends saying that you are following a cult leader. Although of course that will be said no matter what due to the nature of the material we study.

Hope you won't betray your nature doing that. People are attracted to your style because it is unique, direct, honest and in your face. Make sure that what makes you unique does not disappear for the sake of attracting more viewers :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Hope you won't betray your nature doing that. People are attracted to your style because it is unique, direct, honest and in your face. Make sure that what makes you unique does not disappear for the sake of attracting more viewers :)

It will be a delicate balancing act. I'm not making these changes to attract more viewers, but to give the work a higher caliber image for existing and future viewers. In the past I didn't think the image of the work mattered so much, but now I realize that casual attitude cannot hold up in the future as we grow. It needs to feel more professional.

I think I can tone it down without losing the directness, honesty, and in-your-faceness. I want to be direct without being offensive or obnoxious, which I sometimes come off as. It will take me some practice to find the right balance. It should be subtle.

Sigh... I was hoping people would just let this thing be and avoid temptations to make a thread about this. ?

1 minute ago, Free Mind said:

Sigh... I was hoping people would just let this thing be and avoid temptations to make a thread about this. ?

People will naturally want to gossip about anything of this subject matter.

Oh I see so Leo just found his perfect witch girlfriend and they're about to have some cosmic sex on 5-MeO

JK

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

This was probably one of the most funniest threads Ive read on here xDxD:D

Sigh...All great things must come to an end

Whether correct or incorrect, there's a perceived disconnect between the forum and Leo's youtube channel. So that could be part of it. 

Leo the YouTuber has over a million subs and gets thousands of views per vid. But on the forum, there are only a few hundred people. And only a subset of that is the most active. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I want to be direct without being offensive or obnoxious, which I sometimes come off as. It will take me some practice to find the right balance. It should be subtle.

In my opinion, this is why people have such great results following your content. Most of us want to be told that we are lazy slobs and don't mind. Maybe people who get offended are not meant to hear this ^_^

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 minute ago, Michael569 said:

In my opinion, this is why people have such great results following your content. Most of us want to be told that we are lazy slobs and don't mind. Maybe people who get offended are not meant to hear this ^_^

I guess you'll have to find someone else to verbally abuse you. Or maybe just learn to learn without the abuse :P

@Axiomatic No

I definately support all his requirements if i was a male

Btw..just seen the three is over now

Good luck Leo..all the best

We will keep on with your teachings!