Leo Gura

Make Your 2020 General Election Predictions Here!

2,497 posts in this topic

I'm torn about Arizona. I wanna give it to Biden, but I don't trust them. Too many dumb people coming out from Arizona lately.

Same with Florida.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Too many dumb people coming out from Arizona lately.

Same with Florida.

Excess sunlight at the back of the neck ain't good, heard it makes driving your V8 Taurus tricky. Yeehaww!!

MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

FACEBOOK GROUP  - Come join other health enthusiasts, learn something new.

On 2.9.2020 at 10:28 PM, Free Mind said:

I’m taking the “spiritual” approach and claiming my full identity as God by detoxing from news and politics and focusing my attention on imagining the future I want. 

All these deep metaphysical talks about God and consciousness and the Absolute yet people still assume they’re victim to the political situation. As if that’s some independent objective thing out there.

This is called "ostrich spirituality": sticking your head in the sand and calling yourself God. You should be totally involved in the world, just not identified with it. To quote Sadhguru: 

If you are not attached and entangled with your body, you will not get entangled with anybody. You can throw yourself into anything. You can get totally involved with anyone without the fear of entanglement.

Edited by Carl-Richard

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

On 2.9.2020 at 4:14 PM, Rajneeshpuram said:

Believing in elections is like thinking that wrestling is real. The Winner has already been elected, and not by the population. Keep believing in the delusion.

Not sure if this is some sort of conspiracy theory or if it's just a case of conflating the relative and the absolute.

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

34 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Excess sunlight at the back of the neck ain't good, heard it makes driving your V8 Taurus tricky. Yeehaww!!

But then how do you explain Nevada voting for Bernie by a landslide? We gets lots of sun over here yet we vote blue.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Florida is 100% going red. I hate to say it but this state has let me down too many times to ever trust it. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But then how do you explain Nevada voting for Bernie by a landslide? We gets lots of sun over here yet we vote blue.

Area 51 adding 5-meo to your water supply, easy answer :ph34r:

MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

FACEBOOK GROUP  - Come join other health enthusiasts, learn something new.

It's been a while since I've been in the forum, but as the elections are getting closer, I'd like to participate a bit again, as it is not a minor event and I personally find the topic interesting, as many other people do. I'm not qualified to make predictions using the website linked, as my knowledge about the idiosyncrasy of each state separately is low, I'm not American, but European. But I'd like to share my thoughts anyway.

I was disappointed that Sanders didn't win the nomination for the Democrats, but the fact is that Biden got more support, so he won. I can understand some progressives not supporting Biden, but it's not the right move, there's a lot in the game, and getting Trump out of the White House should be enough incentive. If you didn't like his first term in office, I can tell you the second would be much worse, you don't want it.

Two factors I'd like to point out:

• Biden lost to Bernie, so many of the supporters of his former rival may not stand for him, and the ones that do, won't put nearly the same enthusiasm they would have put for the candidate of Vermont. Enthusiam is not a minor ingredient for the Democrats to win.
  • Trump is a clown and behaves like a spoiled child. Although he has a solid unconditional base, part of the Republican voters may even feel that Biden represents better their ideals now. There is going to be a significant vote transfer, will it be enough for Biden?

Now my prediction. I think both can win, it will be very close. But I'll pick one, I think Trump is going to win. I've been wrong in my predictions many times before, so this doesn't mean much. I hope I'm wrong again!

I am a bit worried about Michigan and Wisconsin. It's likely Biden will win those but if he doesn't he's in trouble.

@Hatfort Yes I think both have a chance but Biden probably has a better chance of winning. I also hope we all agree we don't want this to win:

Edited by ItsNick

"When you reach the top of the mountain, keep climbing."

Zen Proverb

I'm Canadian so I can't make any detailed state-by-state predictions. But as an outsider looking at it on a macro scale, I'd be very surprised if Trump didn't get re-elected. 

Some sports betting websites allow people to bet on who will win the presidential election. Watch what their odds are as we get closer to November. Money doesn't lie.

10 hours ago, HelluvaGuy said:

This guy's model is pretty interesting. Has a solid streak too.

Yes. Although 2020 has proven to be an unconventional year.

"When you reach the top of the mountain, keep climbing."

Zen Proverb

6 minutes ago, ExpandingExtrovert said:

Here is the prediction: Trump will win in a landslide - in 2024 and 2028.

Trump can only serve one more, four year term.  Or are you thinking Don Jr. in 2024 and 2028 LOL.

7 minutes ago, ExpandingExtrovert said:

What will they do if he runs again? Impeach him? Lol... those in his administration are conforming to him, and he already has plans to run in 2024.

And what plans are those? Could you show any reliable source, or is it just rumor based information? Just curious.

538's Current election forecast as of Sept 28th, If Trump loses PA, his chances of winning are essentially over.