Ar_Senses

The Best Skills and Actions to Become a Sage

19 posts in this topic

Hey there!

Guys, I’ve decided to brainstorm some important skills and actionable steps that I find very important to implement more in my life and career to become a great sage. 

What you think are the best and the most direct ways to develop a mastery in the Epistemology? What are the best actionable steps in your opinion?

Here’s my thoughts on it:

1.1 Learning the most interesting concepts and models and verifying the results all the most interesting concepts in your direct experience

1.2 Contemplating the nature of things and verifying the results of it in your direct experience

2. Learning, observing and reading about Ideologies, Cults, Dogmas, Beliefs, Biases, Religions, Cultures, Tyrants, etc.

3. Drawing the distinction between an Actuality/Direct Experience and an Imagery by consciously observing and comparing both of them

4. Mindfulness meditation on a daily basis

5. Psychedelics + Contemplation (but I’m afraid that here you are required to be already skilled in Epistemology, because there is a big potential for free interpretation, according to my LSD/Mushrooms experiences) 

6. Decomposing the most interesting/common/important personal or collective Values/Beliefs/Biases/Paradigms/Dogmas/Prejudices/Rituals/Cultures

7. Practicing openmindedness by considering radical perspectives 

8. Journaling and Contemplating on what is Truth?

9. Learning and observing Self-Deception in oneself and others around

10. Question peoples ideologies and beliefs with the goal of understanding it’s mechanism (not to change them or make them drop their beliefs)

I’ll continue later to brainstorm such a skills like Contemplation, Openmindedness, Concentration, Enlightenment, Love, Mindfulness, Holistic Thinking, Business and Marketing, Listening, Questioning, Explaining and Convincing.

Join me!

P.s. My personal invitations going to: 

@Leo Gura @Nahm @Serotoninluv@Skin-encapsulatedego @Harsh Bagdia @Hello from Russia @Greatnestwithin 

All you will ever need to know will offer itself in the present moment. Contemplating and trying to dig into all these things is a complete waste of time, and waste of life. You don't learn to become a sage, you don't become a sage by making plans and by having an intention to become a sage.

You "become" a sage by simply unveiling your true nature and seeing that the true nature is all there is. Simply resting in your true nature will completely dissolve all concepts and ideas, false knowledge into emptiness. To be a sage you must be empty. And all these things you are listing here won't make you more empty, in fact they appear to be more things to think about. This only brings you away from sagehood, you have listed many things that serve only as a distraction to you. The action of listing these things in order to become a sage is itself a distraction.

To be a sage you simply reside in the silence of your own being. You don't need to learn anything, contemplate anything except maybe the question "Who am I" if it is useful in your experience. Simply know what you are and stay as that, discern between yourself and the egoic-mind.

Contemplation, open-mindedness, concentration, enlightenment, love, mindfulness, holistic thinking, business and marketing, listening, questioning, explaining and convincing are not skills. If you see them as skills you are wasting your time. The true nature within yourself already has mastery over every single thing in existence, and it does not need all of these concepts and "skills". 

"Skills" are useless for a sage, all necessary skills life has in the present moment. The moment you believe you need to "attain" these "skills" then you already rob yourself out of them. All that is necessary is already within you, literally, I don't mean that you can look at it, but it will naturally unfold in the present moment when you are simply abiding by the silence of being. 

Most importantly you must understand that the one who has a desire to become a sage, will never become a sage. The one you are identifying as yourself "I want to become a sage" is merely a coming and going phenomena appearing within consciousness. It is not your true self saying and desiring these things. Your true self is already a complete and fulfilled sage with infinite wisdom. But you are not aware of that because you trust the mind instead of trusting the silence and stillness of being. Because you put so much belief in "I want to become a sage" you rob yourself out of your own natural sagehood. 

The one who wants to become a sage is merely appearing within that whose nature is already a sage. Drop all attachments, drop all identification and naturally the sagehood within yourself will be revealed. Instead of wasting time sharpening all these skills and thoughts, simply reside as much as possible within the silence of your own being. Be aware of being aware. Don't distract yourself. 

@Ar_Senses Nice post man!

I would add 1. Understanding the integral approach.  Seeing that all things have some degree of truth in them.  This truth is found by putting the thing / information in its correct context.  Furthermore, the truest perspective is one that integrates that all perspectives.
2. The concept of relativism.  Understanding that all is relative but the Absolute.  Understanding relativism through the domains of cultures, morals, science etc.  

1. Learning from the environment, observing others, observing yourself,  where ultimately everything will collapse into Oneness, where there is no you or others.
IMHO observation is the best skill to develop wisdom, you can be booksmart but still not wise. Maybe the best knowledge comes with peace and stillness.  
2. developing authenticity and avoiding any kind of authority.

3. Open mind is a must as well. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

3 hours ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

All you will ever need to know will offer itself in the present moment. Contemplating and trying to dig into all these things is a complete waste of time, and waste of life. You don't learn to become a sage, you don't become a sage by making plans and by having an intention to become a sage.

You "become" a sage by simply unveiling your true nature and seeing that the true nature is all there is. Simply resting in your true nature will completely dissolve all concepts and ideas, false knowledge into emptiness. To be a sage you must be empty. And all these things you are listing here won't make you more empty, in fact they appear to be more things to think about. This only brings you away from sagehood, you have listed many things that serve only as a distraction to you. The action of listing these things in order to become a sage is itself a distraction.

To be a sage you simply reside in the silence of your own being. You don't need to learn anything, contemplate anything except maybe the question "Who am I" if it is useful in your experience. Simply know what you are and stay as that, discern between yourself and the egoic-mind.

Contemplation, open-mindedness, concentration, enlightenment, love, mindfulness, holistic thinking, business and marketing, listening, questioning, explaining and convincing are not skills. If you see them as skills you are wasting your time. The true nature within yourself already has mastery over every single thing in existence, and it does not need all of these concepts and "skills". 

"Skills" are useless for a sage, all necessary skills life has in the present moment. The moment you believe you need to "attain" these "skills" then you already rob yourself out of them. All that is necessary is already within you, literally, I don't mean that you can look at it, but it will naturally unfold in the present moment when you are simply abiding by the silence of being. 

Most importantly you must understand that the one who has a desire to become a sage, will never become a sage. The one you are identifying as yourself "I want to become a sage" is merely a coming and going phenomena appearing within consciousness. It is not your true self saying and desiring these things. Your true self is already a complete and fulfilled sage with infinite wisdom. But you are not aware of that because you trust the mind instead of trusting the silence and stillness of being. Because you put so much belief in "I want to become a sage" you rob yourself out of your own natural sagehood. 

The one who wants to become a sage is merely appearing within that whose nature is already a sage. Drop all attachments, drop all identification and naturally the sagehood within yourself will be revealed. Instead of wasting time sharpening all these skills and thoughts, simply reside as much as possible within the silence of your own being. Be aware of being aware. Don't distract yourself. 

❤ ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1) Focus and intent. This is it. Like an athlete or artist spends 10+ hours a day in their craft, the sage's craft is a poised, relaxed, unbroken focus. Focus on WHAT? Thats the paradox of sage. Focus on developing focus. With that godly focus, the sage does absolutely nothing; yet nothing remains undone.

2) Progressive psychological and physical minimalism. In other words, away from all things of man. The sage is not conditioned or controlled by any human thought at any time.

3) contemplating the nature of knowledge, seeing its limitation and transcending knowledge once and for all.

Bonus: raising an orphan baby found on streets ??

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Didn't Alan Watts once say 'man plans and God laughs'. For myself I don't make plans like you do, you don't know what you really need and how to get what you need anyway. And also you don't know what life has in stock for you.
Throw all advice and plans in the wind, and see them as just possible inspiration. In the moment decide what you would love to do now, and do that. Or not, if the plan excites you, go with it. But once the juice goes out of the fantasy/plan, and it doesn't work, toss it:P

Manage to stay still for an entire day.

You will get plenty of knowledge. You will truly become a sage.

13 hours ago, IAmTheHolySpirit said:

There is some truth to it. The original post is a display of inauthenticity that he forgot to mention the most important characteristic of a "sage", which is Love of Truth. The title should have been "How Do I Learn to Love Truth At All Cost?"

Don't read too much, live simply and practice loving. There, saved you some time hopefully.

What is love, to be as open and honest as possible and all that other subtle stuff we can't talk about.

Just now, AlwaysBeNice said:

Don't read too much, live simply and practice loving. There, saved you some time hopefully.

What is love, to be as open and honest as possible and all that other subtle stuff we can't talk about.

You are a waste of life.

Lol, I didn't even saw there was a lot long text post here, guess that could be seen as offensive to you, gotcha asshole :)

Just now, AlwaysBeNice said:

Lol, I didn't even saw there was a lot long text post here, guess that could be seen as offensive to you, gotcha asshole :)

"live simply and practice loving" > "gotcha asshole :)" 

You ain't so nice huh, hypocrit

@IAmTheHolySpirit  You are not healing with words that are lagging love. What you perceive to be, is not ultimate truth. You should help to pull souls from darkness, not keep them from the light. You might have realized that you are it, but here you are part of the collective.

You should review Rule #1 on the Forum Guidelines.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

@IAmTheHolySpirit You are only talking about being a Mystic, not necessarily a Sage. A Mystic realizes his own nature so yes, for him all the worldly knowledge would not be needed. But a true Sage also knows a lot about the relative domain, including people, society etc. And why do you have a bias against the relative domain, calling it a waste of time and a waste of life? God seems to love all of it. Why else would he incarnate himself doing all this magical bullshit on earth?

God loves Awakening as much as he loves the opposite of Awakening.

Elevators of my mind,

Up and down a million times

Loving you.