Truth Addict

"Leo, but what if you're deluded?"

205 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, tsuki said:

@Truth Addict Alright, I watched the video.
The quest of metaphysics is enlightenment through modeling. You create such a complete model of reality that you lose your mind, your ability to verbalize it. The models are only meaningful when they are imperfect, relative. The absolute truth has no mouth to speak and no ears to hear it.
There is no point of explaining the perfect model to anybody because there is nobody to hear it, everyone is already 'it'. That is how perfect the model is. The Leo you are seeing on the screen, the one you can talk to, will never be enlightened. He will only speak imperfect models because they are imperfect, because there is someone that does not understand them. It's a peculiar position to be an enlightened metaphysics teacher. That is why the highest teaching is silence and nobody knows the true enlightened masters.

So, is it a belief? No, it's his best shot at explaining nonduality, but the fact that something follows out of it, a point of life, should tell you that it's incomplete and personal. Nothing follows from nonduality, there is no everything is one and therefore something. Absolute truth when spoken always curls back on itself and leaves you dumbfounded.

@Leo Gura could you perhaps comment on this? Do you agree?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Tell that to Leo and his sincere followers.

Saying that he is blending the map with the territory is also blending the map with the territory. You and @Joseph Maynor seem to not yet have developed vision logic, you are not capable of holding paradoxes and logical contradictions.

http://www.perspectus.se/tjordan/Vision-logic.html

This is a problem that cannot be solved by simply talking about it. You inherently lack a way to perceive the world. This is true by the way for a lot of people in this forum.

Glory to Israel

@Truth Addict this current experience of GOD (ajasatya) hasn't even done 5 years. and yet, it is possible to speak from the Source, as IT desires (unconditionally!)

unborn Truth

50 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What about all the detailed statements you make about Absolute Truth in your videos.  Are those just mental scaffolding, yes or no?  How are all those detailed claims like just pointing to Absolute Truth?  You seem to want to have it both ways.  You want to point and you want to talk about it factually.  I think this is a problem.  It's a case of having your cake and eating it too.  Am I right?

Like I said, some ways of speaking about the Absolute are more "accurate" or "better" than others. This is a relative matter. It's a matter of fit between teacher and student. You might resonant more with the teachings of someone very different from me. I present things in a way which I feel is modern and appeals to ordinary folks on Youtube in the 21st century.

Those detailed claims are still pointers. Like I could make very detailed claims about New York City to you, but none of them are the same as New York City itself. When you reach NYC itself, you'll see that my pointers were "correct" in many ways, but also not at all the same as NYC. Pointers are poetic devices which capture the essence of a thing.

Try to describe the smell of a rose in words. You see the problem? Your words will never be it. But some words are better than others. If I wrote: "a rose smells like rotten fish" << that would be bad poetry. If I wrote: "a rose smells delicate and soft like a baby's bottom" << that's much closer

There is no such thing as literal understanding. All understanding is poetic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

28 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yall can share with me if you want!

E6541850-1727-4EC1-A012-C64704427DA5.jpeg

I can't I'm on an intermittent fast

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Scholar Still, the difference is that I am aware of my map, while they're not. That's what I'm pointing them to see.

@ajasatya I could say the same thing about myself, but they wouldn't believe me, cuz I'm not Leo. Remember David Hammond? Almost nobody believed him.

Just now, Shin said:

I can't I'm on an intermittent fast

:( ill save some for you

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I will be going to New York City soon...

Nice Leo!!! Let us know when you are coming!

Lol

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Truth Addict it's not a matter of people believing you. it doesn't make any difference! it's simply a matter of contemplating what you are and having a direct experience of the purest and highest awe for existence.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@Scholar Still, the difference is that I am aware of my map, while they're not. That's what I'm pointing them to see.

@ajasatya I could say the same thing about myself, but they wouldn't believe me, cuz I'm not Leo. Remember David Hammond? Almost nobody believed him.

As far as I see it you are not aware of the map at all, you are helplessly trapped inside it. You confuse a map in the map for the map. :D

Glory to Israel

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You want your scaffolding to be taken factually.

The point of all of my pointers is that they will eventually undermine and devour themselves, like a snake eating its own tail.

My goal is to take you on this amazing journey through your mind, for years, until one day you have an awakening so deep and so profound that you say: OH-MY-GOD! It's all NOTHING! Everything Leo was talking about was just a giant cosmic divine circle jerk which I created for myself in order to realize the fully glory of myself as God. OH-MY-GOD! But why was all this necessary? To show you the enormity of your own mind.

Of course none of it is necessary. I just like exploring the mind.

Don't think of my teachings as logical proofs. They are poetry and art.

All we're doing here is celebrating the profundity of yourself as God.

11 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No no no.  Leo is making specific factual claims about the Absolute.  That's not merely pointing.  That's telling.  Leo wants to have the finger PLUS the finger pointing to the moon.  Am I right?

I don't mind blending the map with the territory, the duality between the two must ultimately collapse.

What I mind though, is when we're talking about beliefs we don't admit that they're mere beliefs, and persist that they're the truth.

Yes, anything will become the truth if we believe it strongly enough.

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Bam!  That's what I wanted to hear all this time.  Thank you Leo.  That solves it.  That's all you had to say.  Somehow that's not being communicated clearly and it's causing a lot of confusion to a lot of people.

It's hard for the mind to understand or appreciate such an abstract point from the outset. You have to get deep into the work to appreciate that the snake will eat its own tail.

The work is self-undermining, as any truthful teaching must be, because reality is groundless. So no teaching can actually become a solid ground. As soon as it does, it's a false teaching.

I explained this long ago in my epistemology episodes. But hardly anyone takes those episodes seriously enough.

The nature of reality is such that it cannot ever be pinned down. Anything you say it is, it also isn't, and it is also more than both. That is the nature of infinity.

You wouldn't question what he says if he was in front of you.

Go see a zen master and feel how they look at you.

You wouldn't even be able to sustain your gaze ?

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

You wouldn't question what he says if he was in front of you.

Go see a zen master and feel how they look at you.

You wouldn't even be able to sustain your gaze ?

Sounds romantic:x will there be a candlelit dinner too?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

Sounds romantic:x will there be a candlelit dinner too?

You will either be attracted like you never were, or hating him.

Depending on how much your heart is open to receive love ?

God is love

And God in them

People are getting told Truth about their true selfless nature and suddenly forum is on fire. 

Video is very much for people who got enlightened and doesn't know what to do after it. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Leo Gura Good. I think this discussion was helpful to clarify things for everyone. Thank you Leo ❤️

@Shin That's why I say Leo is the best among all of them, and that's why I care so much about Actualized.org.

@Leo Gura Good. I think this discussion was helpful to clarify things for everyone. Thank you Leo ❤️

@Shin That's why I say Leo is the best among all of them, and that's why I care so much about Actualized.org.

Thats the power of teachings one to some.?

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I explained this long ago in my epistemology episodes. But hardly anyone takes those episodes seriously enough.

How are there episodes called?

Somebody knows?