Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

145 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Can you capture throwing a football in language?  Can you capture walking in language?

You can't explain orgasm in words. Good luck explaining it to a child who never masturbated.

Edited by CreamCat

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All I said is that the Ego can't be captured in language.  That's far from deflecting every question.  You're exaggerating.

Can you notice you established first that there is an ego, (which can’t be captured in language)?  Without awareness this experience is actually  thought, sensations, and perception, you (via the ego you hold on to as a “thing” mentally) deflect by stating that “I’m exaggerating”, while employing the defensive mechanism (the claim)  that you’re not deflecting. Again, nothing “wrong” with it, just notice it, and use it. ♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

20 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Dumb Enlightened Mmm not without knowing what specific topic you are interested in. Actually if i were to get a good picture of how your inner experience of life is, i could probably introduce you to very good material. You just have to paint a clear picture what you understand from life. It requires a lot of honesty. 

It's hard to say exactly, but I've been experiencing awakening, and when I say awakening, I mean consciousness not identified with the ego mind (or that's what I think is happening), and it's becoming constant, but it has not changed "me" too much (the behaviors), because it's something pretty recent I guess.

How do I know that it's actually an awakening and not delusion ? I'm looking to my computer right now and it's not a computer anymore, but is a computer at the same time, and it doesn't make any sense , it just seems fake, or looking to the people on the street everyone seems like they're wearing a costume, I don't even know how to explain it.

7 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

You can't explain orgasm in words. Good luck explaining it to a child who never masturbated.

Always wondered (sorry if too ‘adult’ language) if people are subconsciously aware that their sensation of orgasm is bliss ‘ Godlike...and so they just dub it  “coming” (as in going toward God). That word applied to that sensation otherwise just makes no sense. Nobody’s about to pop and yells to someone in the next room, like, hang on “I’m coming”. Gettin up and going somewhere is pretty much the last thing they’re about to do, you know? (Hence all the “oh my God” verbiage preceding)

@Dumb Enlightened Does your experience come with substantial physical symptoms - mostly energetic movements in your body? For me that's a good sign of discerning whether what you experience is just in the mind or in your physical being as well. Do you experience rushes of energy? Opening in your stomach or heart or forehead? Do you experience fleeting ecstasy? Sensation of electric fire burning the skin? Do you experience anything happening with your spine? 

When you say it has not changed "me" what is this me referring to? Is it unchanging stillness at the core of your being or something else? 

25 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@cetus56 Sweet. Did you experience any physical sensations in the third-eye area? Pulsation, ticking sounds, expansion etc? 

I was wondering recently about this third- eye stuff, because I did a lot of focus/concentration meditation, and I would feel a great pressure on the forehead, between the eyes, sometimes it became painful because I stop the meditation and the pressure wouldn't go away, so I would take some pills,

Today I can actually pressure this area of the brain by will, like if I wanted to close my hand and pressure it, I can do the same with this area of the head, I've read some books to understand the brain, but I didn't get to any conclusion

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All I said is that the Ego can't be captured in language.  That's far from deflecting "every question".  You're exaggerating.  I called Ego a mechanism before and I've written a lot about Ego and talked a lot about it on here.  I just won't define it in the way you want to because it is not the best way to "understand" Ego.  But if you want to win, you got it.  Take it.  No skin off my back.

Your own cleverness is the biggest obstacle to your own freedom.

You're so clever that you trapped yourself.

4270-Rumi-Quote-Sell-your-cleverness-and-buy-bewilderment.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Nahm The feeling of orgasm is somewhat similar to some rushes of energy I've been getting. But it's quite minor and ehem... localized. I don't know how i compare on the orgasm intensity scale though. Other people's experiences may vary. I've heard of tantric sex and all that.

@Dumb Enlightened Ah yes. Welcome to the path my friend. It'll get really wild if you keep surrendering.

I suggest the path of surrender, listening to music that comes from a loving artist, eating good, healthy food, and above all else, yearning for enlightenment. 

And I would highly suggest to not take pharmaceuticals if you are not sick, and specially to avoid painkillers if you do not have an actual wound or infection that needs treatment. You don't want to alter your body chemistry too much. 

Basically, surrender is about doing away with your resistances. You can feel resistances in your body very vividly. In fact you've been feeling them your entire life - just been ignoring them. Upset stomach? Clenching sensation in your groin? Feeling of anxiety above your diaphragm? Frequent throat aches? These are all symptoms of resistance in my experience (baring actual physical ailments). So keep surrendering to life. Intend to have them cleared. Give them attention. Breathe into them. That sort of thing. There are various yoga and upaya for this stuff. Just desire enlightenment and a higher level of consciousness. 

14 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Dumb Enlightened Does your experience come with substantial physical symptoms - mostly energetic movements in your body? For me that's a good sign of discerning whether what you experience is just in the mind or in your physical being as well. Do you experience rushes of energy? Opening in your stomach or heart or forehead? Do you experience fleeting ecstasy? Sensation of electric fire burning the skin? Do you experience anything happening with your spine? 

When you say it has not changed "me" what is this me referring to? Is it unchanging stillness at the core of your being or something else? 

Yes I felt some physical stuff, Like some sort of energy going through the whole body, It happens sometimes during the day, sometimes weaker sometimes stronger, some kind of pressure in the forehead, but these feelings change along the day, right now I am feeling pressure in the forehead, there's even a sensation of something in the skin, on that spot, but I am not feeling energy through the body. There's something in the heart region, but I'm not sure what is, just a sensation.
When I say me, I refer to the behaviors, the mind/body patterns like things I want to eat or drink, stuff I like and don't like to do.

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

Your own cleverness is the biggest obstacle to your own freedom.

You're so clever that you trapped yourself.

OMG nice!

That was “me”! 

The only way to “win”, is surrender, cause there’s just no winning. 

@Dumb Enlightened Well just try to raise the energy. It all depends on your intentions. If you just intend for it to raise, then it will, and new ways of experiencing life will open to you. There a numerous practices to help raise you energy. All sorts of yoga, meditation techniques, breathing exercises, even drugs.

Going back to the topic question, I don't really come on here as often as I used to. If I do come here, I just view it most of the times. I still appreciate Leo's work--great insights that pointed out the most profound things for me. I noticed some ppl mentioned life purpose. I agree. If you plan your life purpose properly, you don't have to repeat yourself very often on a forum or anywhere. Let others find you when they're ready.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

OMG nice!

That was “me”! 

The only way to “win”, is surrender, cause there’s just no winning. 

My psychologist laughed at me because «I'm so smart to find excuses to not do what I really want to do».

That was 7 years ago but I still remember, because If she laughed, it must have been pretty hardcore ???

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Yes she laughed at me. But she stop laughed when she understand that I was just having mind sex with her.

Like this topic. When 2 enlightned masters beat at each others. Sure she was a bit more enlightned. 15 y of more than me. Expected

getting more pharma crack for free until they didn't wanted

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok, so you're basically telling me you know something that I don't yet know.  That's how these all begin isn't it?  Same with the Buddha has no Ego that was used previously for the same purpose.  You've fallen into the same snare you're trying to help me out of.  

What is that which knows?

I have never understood how people can lecture others about what happens after you die, for example, in regards to reincarnation, when they haven't died and reincarnated. Given that you lose your memory if that indeed happens. All my path ive been told by "superior" people that X happens, and they refer you to teachings, but even these teachings don't seem to have any actual proof either.

A guy called Dan Ingram speaks "factually" that it is impossible for someone to reach Buddhahood and stay alive for longer than 6 days. Where does he get this information from? And why did the Buddha last longer than 6 days at Buddhahood level?

The other thing that has never made sense to me is how you can "dissolve into Consciousness" when you die, then shortly after you "reincarnate" but sometimes with your old memories of "you" in previous lifetimes. Well how is it "you" if you got dissolved into Consciousness? You can't dissolve penicillin into water then go and pick out penicillin with your left fingers and pick out water without penicillin in it in your right fingers...it's dissolved!!

Before enlightenment chop cyberwood and carry digiwater after enlightenment chop cyberwood and carry digiwater.