Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

That's a hard question.  I have a lot of influences.

Do you have a well-defined long-term goal that you want to achieve in a specific amount of time?

18 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Do you have a well-defined long-term goal that you want to achieve in a specific amount of time?

Nope.  I'm beyond that.  Not to be arrogant either, that's not my intention.  I've done all the personal development work though, so don't misunderstand me.  You gotta do the work before you can transcend it.  I did all the life purpose work, then I transcended it.  So, is it a part of me? yes and no.  Does that make sense?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nope.

You might want to make a list of well-defined goals. It's going to narrow your focus and help you cut down non-essential influences.

Absolute infinity is nothing. It means endless exploration. If you want to actually create a legacy, you need to narrow your options and pick one and do it. There needs to be a balance between exploration and production.

For example, a novel writer cannot write a novel if one keeps exploring one's own fictional world forever. At some point, one has to stop exploring, cut down non-essential parts, and deliver a novel.

Edited by CreamCat

9 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

You might want to make a list of well-defined goals. It's going to narrow your focus and help you cut down non-essential influences.

Absolute infinity is nothing. It means endless exploration. If you want to actually create a legacy, you need to narrow your options and pick one and do it. There needs to be a balance between exploration and production.

Don't be my lawyer haha.  You worry about you.  Everybody wants to worry about someone other than themselves.  You worry about you in the first instance my friend, and then come talk to me.  I'm a big boy lol -- you let me worry about me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@zambize Well I learned a great lesson about perspective when my own changed so drastically in a matter of a few minutes. I cannot stress the importance of this realization, that consciousness operates on infinite different levels in all of us, and that every single one of them is divine and real.

1 minute ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@zambize Well I learned a great lesson about perspective when my own changed so drastically in a matter of a few minutes. I cannot stress the importance of this realization, that consciousness operates on infinite different levels in all of us, and that every single one of them is divine and real.

That's great to hear, some people really draw benefit from their conversations on here.  Which mod did you insult if you dont mind me asking?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

Everyone is already enlightened according to some enlightened people. So, you better focus on creating legacies.

40 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

What is your assessment of emerald's embodiment of important concepts of personal development?

I follow Leo Gura and TJ Reeves because I regard them as more advanced learners. TJ Reeves said he would love a man who rapes his mom and Leo Gura is at least conceptually very advanced. TJ Reeves seems like the real shit. He is extremely fit, and he knows how to make money.

All three mentioned above are just people on the path sharing there journey, I wouldn't call them advanced teachers yet there are so young and have so much learning and evolving to still do. I view Leo as more of a pal on the path trying to support others with similar interests. I don't want to discredit what they do though as it is good but real masters are very hard to come by, I view people like Sadguru, Rupert spira ect as people I can actually trust with advice as they will be speaking more from experience rather than just knowledge they have read or heard. I once lived with a famous self help speak from youtube, I use to look up to him a lot but and he was just as messed up as the normal person when I actually got to know him. probably best to go seek out and meet these people and see if they are the real deal. 

I've met Rupert Spira many times and can verify he is the real deal. haven't met Sadguru yet so I o need to meet him tbf

Anyone can get a camera and start spewing out advice.Be careful is all I'm saying. 

Edited by noselfnofun

@zambize Well i wouldn't say it in public if i didn't insult in them in public. Btw i didn't call them any rude names or anything. Just questioned their insight in a not-so-polite way (in fact i was doing that unconsciously quite a bit). But it was Serotoninluv.

8 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

Anyone can get a camera and start spewing out advice.

I actually interacted with all three on the internet although I cannot afford to live with any of them.

Do you recommend any teacher for productivity and personal development?

I want to learn from the best of the best.

Edited by CreamCat

4 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I actually interacted with all three on the internet although I cannot afford to live with any of them.

I want to learn from the best of the best.

I'd be interested in what each of them thought of you, just to even out the playing field, you understand.

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

Tbf if you resonate with them and get value from them go with them who am I to say otherwise I guess. Did you have skypes with them? how was it?

Tony Robbins defo is a living embodiment of productivity and personal development, also his old assistant teacher peter sage is good he's like Leo, mixed in higher consciousness with personal development. he did go to prison tho because of a contempt of court so research into that. might put you off

jocko willink helped me the most with productivity, his book discipline equals freedom is great. 

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

I'd be interested in what each of them thought of you, just to even out the playing field, you understand.

I can tell you.

Emerald would think that I am egoic and I am not interested in helping people with social cause.

TJ thinks I'm a lazy withdrawn man. He even wrote a note to me to communicate what he thinks about me.

Leo probably thinks I'm ignorant.

24 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

I can tell you.

Emerald would think that I am egoic and I am not interested in helping people with social cause.

TJ thinks I'm a lazy withdrawn man. He even wrote a note to me to communicate what he thinks about me.

Oh.  That's great.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

I can tell you.

What positive stuff did they say ? 

8 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@zambize Well i wouldn't say it in public if i didn't insult in them in public. Btw i didn't call them any rude names or anything. Just questioned their insight in a not-so-polite way (in fact i was doing that unconsciously quite a bit). But it was Serotoninluv.

No worries!  I have said so much stupid shit on this forums that I'm sure what you said was fairly benign.

He gets so much shit, but hes actually such a sweetheart, as you may have realized afterwards.  Of all the mods he makes my heart melt the most :x

I actually had a song that took me 20 min to find, and I know he likes it, so it all works out perfectly cause now it's like I only spent 10 of my minutes for me, and 10 for him.  How selfless of me

@Serotoninluv remember this song?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

10 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Joseph Maynor can you please explain what ego means to you? 

Ego is a feeling (sense of me, i feeling) or ego is a thought? 

That's my understating of the ego process. The ego is this human being that you are currently identified with, and it's real, it won't go away after enlightenment, it may change with time. The ego is what makes one human being different from the other, all the characteristics, personality, etc... This sense of me, well, that's false, that will go away after enlightenment, the sense of me it's an identification of consciousness with the ego process, the body/mind, when consciousness realizes it, the sense of me vanishes, but the ego process remains. That's why actually there aren't enlightened people, because enlightenment is everything, is the absolute truth, everything is from the same source, the sense of aliveness that currently you think comes from the body/mind (the sense of I) actually doesn't, this sense of aliveness is consciousness itself.

So when consciousness is no identified with the ego mind anymore, what happens is that the ego understands that, and before this realization everything that the ego did was trying to stay alive, it was driven by survival instincts, and it resulted in all the bad behaviors that people have. Now the ego mind understands the truth, understands that it is a sort of illusion/dream , so now all the behaviors based on survival start to go way, that's why we have an illusion of an " enlightened person", is the same as the illusion of a non enlightened person,

When you wake up, it's actually the universe/consciousness that wakes up.