Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Joseph Maynor Every day should start with a good laugh. 

I agree.  I don't always practice this, but man I agree.  To laugh is to be.  Last week I really saw the insight that Enlightenment causes laughter.  Just laughter and joy at being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." And once again he bent down and wrote on the ground.

5 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

How do you know this based on forum posts, surely you would have to know him personally and actually spend time in his presence to start making judgements like that. 

Of course I can't be sure.

He just looks like a lot like it from all the posts I've read in 2 years + his blog, that's enough for me to care and be concerned.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

25 minutes ago, Shin said:

Of course I can't be sure.

He just looks like a lot like it from all the posts I've read in 2 years + his blog, that's enough for me to care and be concerned.

Just stop it dude already.  Stop it.  Can you stop it?  You embarrass yourself Shin.  My Journals combined have more views than anything else on this Forum. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Just stop it dude already.  Stop it.  Can you stop it?  

I will when you'll stop deceiving yourself, or when I'll think you're a lost case.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

36 minutes ago, Shin said:

I will when you'll stop deceiving yourself, or when I'll think you're a lost case.

Listen to Cetus56 bro.  You're out of line at this point.  Look at yourself.  You're obsessed.  And you're not being very compassionate right now.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

As someone who made fun of a moderator a few days ago, i feel silly that i say this today (I was an idiot then and i apologized to them) but, if everyone just stopped defending their perspective, and instead acknowledge that there is in fact such a thing as a perspective, and that every perspective is an enlightened one, then we could all be friends again:

Perspective.png

35 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

As someone who made fun of a moderator a few days ago, i feel silly that i say this today (I was an idiot then and i apologized to them) but, if everyone just stopped defending their perspective, and instead acknowledge that there is in fact such a thing as a perspective, and that every perspective is an enlightened one, then we could all be friends again:

Perspective.png

That's awesome you apologized, an apology can go a long way for both sides 

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What is your assessment of emerald's embodiment of important concepts of personal development?

I follow Leo Gura and TJ Reeves because I regard them as more advanced learners. TJ Reeves said he would love a man who rapes his mom and Leo Gura is at least conceptually very advanced. TJ Reeves seems like the real shit. He is extremely fit, and he knows how to make money.

9 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

What is your assessment of emerald's embodiment of important concepts of personal development?

I follow Leo Gura and TJ Reeves because I regard them as more advanced learners. TJ Reeves said he would love a man who rapes his mom and Leo Gura is at least conceptually very advanced. TJ Reeves seems like the real shit. He is extremely fit, and he knows how to make money.

I consider Emerald to be a teacher of mine.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I consider Emerald a teacher of mine.  

I think you have your good reasons. It was difficult for me to take her seriously because she and I seem to be in the same league in terms of neuroticism level. It wasn't difficult to make her angry although I didn't intend to make her angry. I have an average level of neuroticism. Leo and TJ have very low levels of neuroticism. I mean Leo is a fucking robot. I think a low level of neuroticism means one achieved a higher level of emotional mastery.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

I think you have your good reasons. It was difficult for me to take her seriously because she and I seem to be in the same league in terms of neuroticism level. It wasn't difficult to make her angry although I didn't intend to make her angry. I have an average level of neuroticism. Leo and TJ have very low levels of neuroticism. I mean Leo is a fucking robot. I think a low level of neuroticism means one has emotional mastery.

Emerald is on another level.  She would be embarrassed for me to say that, but it's true.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Emerald is on another level.

What do you mean by another level? It can mean anything if you don't define it.

3 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

What do you mean by another level? It can mean anything if you don't define it.

Well there are teachers and then there are TEACHERS.  Of course, this is from my point of view.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Well there are teachers and then there are TEACHERS.  Of course, this is from my point of view.

How is "TEACHERS" different from "teachers"? Do you mean everyone is a teacher of some sort?

Just now, CreamCat said:

How is "TEACHERS" different from "teachers"? Do you mean everyone is a teacher of some sort?

@CreamCat TEACHERS write in all caps in their journals.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Well, consider your top 10 teachers.  How do those differ from the run of the mill teachers on this Forum?  This is not rocket science.  Of course, each individual has their own top 10 teachers.  It's funny how people make things that are not confusing confusing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

Well, consider your top 10 teachers.  How do those differ from the run of the mill teachers on this Forum?

Are you saying emerald is one of your top 10 teachers?

5 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Are you saying emerald is one of your top 10 teachers?

That's a hard question.  I have a lot of influences.  But if people learned from Emerald what I did, they would be very much rewarded. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor