Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

@cetus56 Awesome. Subjective inner experience is really difficult to compare when it comes to post-rational experiences, so I was wondering if we could compare physical symptoms. Recently (and i mean as early as yesterday) i've had some interesting experience of my own. It was as if my heart opened to allow a flow of energy through. I was looking at the face of a human being and it began to break down. It really just melted away. And then behind it I saw the shape of an androgynous being made white light. It was very brief but I'm planning to do some serious meditation tonight.

Today I feel very different. It's like an entire new type of being has opened to me. I feel very spiritual. Spiritual concepts that only existed in the mind yesterday, feel very palpable today. I also notice i've suddenly become very proficient at conveying spiritual concepts to others.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor “throwing a football”. 

No.  What you've done is not throw a football.  What you've done there is type out some letters.  If I didn't speak English what you typed out would be meaningless.  Yet, no matter which language you speak, you can pick up and throw a football.  Trying to capture the Ego in language poses the same sort of dilemma.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  What you're done is not throw a football.  What you've done there is type out some letters.  If I didn't speak English what you typed out would be meaningless.  Yet, no matter which language you speak, you can pick up and throw a football.

You asked, “in language”. “Throwing a football”, is language. Yes, there’s no meaning in the language. 

Notice though Joseph, you deflect every question. You don’t actually answer. That’s fine, but you cold take it and use it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Today I feel very different. It's like an entire new type of being has opened to me. I feel very spiritual. Spiritual concepts that only existed in the mind yesterday, feel very palpable today. I also notice i've suddenly become very proficient at conveying spiritual concepts to others.

@FoxFoxFox A new level of consciousness is awakening.

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You asked, “in language”. “Throwing a football”, is language. Yes, there’s no meaning in the language. 

Notice though Joseph, you deflect every question. You don’t actually answer. That’s fine, but you cold take it and use it. 

All I said is that the Ego can't be captured in language.  That's far from deflecting "every question".  You're exaggerating.  I called Ego a mechanism before and I've written a lot about Ego and talked a lot about it on here.  I just won't define it in the way you want to because it is not the best way to "understand" Ego.  But if you want to win, you got it.  Take it.  No skin off my back.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Can you capture throwing a football in language?  Can you capture walking in language?

You can't explain orgasm in words. Good luck explaining it to a child who never masturbated.

Edited by CreamCat

1 minute ago, CreamCat said:

You can't explain orgasm in words. Good luck explaining it to a child who never masturbated.

You're trying to win a brownie point with me huh lol.  :P

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All I said is that the Ego can't be captured in language.  That's far from deflecting every question.  You're exaggerating.

Can you notice you established first that there is an ego, (which can’t be captured in language)?  Without awareness this experience is actually  thought, sensations, and perception, you (via the ego you hold on to as a “thing” mentally) deflect by stating that “I’m exaggerating”, while employing the defensive mechanism (the claim)  that you’re not deflecting. Again, nothing “wrong” with it, just notice it, and use it. ♥️

20 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Dumb Enlightened Mmm not without knowing what specific topic you are interested in. Actually if i were to get a good picture of how your inner experience of life is, i could probably introduce you to very good material. You just have to paint a clear picture what you understand from life. It requires a lot of honesty. 

It's hard to say exactly, but I've been experiencing awakening, and when I say awakening, I mean consciousness not identified with the ego mind (or that's what I think is happening), and it's becoming constant, but it has not changed "me" too much (the behaviors), because it's something pretty recent I guess.

How do I know that it's actually an awakening and not delusion ? I'm looking to my computer right now and it's not a computer anymore, but is a computer at the same time, and it doesn't make any sense , it just seems fake, or looking to the people on the street everyone seems like they're wearing a costume, I don't even know how to explain it.

7 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Always wondered (sorry if too ‘adult’ language) if people are subconsciously aware that their sensation of orgasm is bliss ‘ Godlike...and so they just dub it  “coming” (as in going toward God). That word applied to that sensation otherwise just makes no sense. Nobody’s about to pop and yells to someone in the next room, like, hang on “I’m coming”. Gettin up and going somewhere is pretty much the last thing they’re about to do, you know? (Hence all the “oh my God” verbiage preceding)

@Dumb Enlightened Does your experience come with substantial physical symptoms - mostly energetic movements in your body? For me that's a good sign of discerning whether what you experience is just in the mind or in your physical being as well. Do you experience rushes of energy? Opening in your stomach or heart or forehead? Do you experience fleeting ecstasy? Sensation of electric fire burning the skin? Do you experience anything happening with your spine? 

When you say it has not changed "me" what is this me referring to? Is it unchanging stillness at the core of your being or something else? 

25 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@cetus56 Sweet. Did you experience any physical sensations in the third-eye area? Pulsation, ticking sounds, expansion etc? 

I was wondering recently about this third- eye stuff, because I did a lot of focus/concentration meditation, and I would feel a great pressure on the forehead, between the eyes, sometimes it became painful because I stop the meditation and the pressure wouldn't go away, so I would take some pills,

Today I can actually pressure this area of the brain by will, like if I wanted to close my hand and pressure it, I can do the same with this area of the head, I've read some books to understand the brain, but I didn't get to any conclusion

20 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

All I said is that the Ego can't be captured in language.  That's far from deflecting "every question".  You're exaggerating.  I called Ego a mechanism before and I've written a lot about Ego and talked a lot about it on here.  I just won't define it in the way you want to because it is not the best way to "understand" Ego.  But if you want to win, you got it.  Take it.  No skin off my back.

Your own cleverness is the biggest obstacle to your own freedom.

You're so clever that you trapped yourself.

4270-Rumi-Quote-Sell-your-cleverness-and-buy-bewilderment.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Nahm The feeling of orgasm is somewhat similar to some rushes of energy I've been getting. But it's quite minor and ehem... localized. I don't know how i compare on the orgasm intensity scale though. Other people's experiences may vary. I've heard of tantric sex and all that.