Tony 845

You’re enlightened! So why are you still on this forum?

198 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor Actually, just for the sake of accuracy, let's phrase it like this: Ego-mind transcendence is synonymous with the heart opening. :) 

8 hours ago, zambize said:

I'm sorry but this made me laugh

"Edited 3 minutes ago by Tony 845 
Granmar"

Perfection

11 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Joseph Maynor Actually, just for the sake of accuracy, let's phrase it like this: Ego-mind transcendence is synonymous with the heart opening. :)

That's interesting.  I was "thinking" the other day that love is the natural state when I transcended the Ego-Mind.  But you make a good point.  The Mind loves to see linear cause and effect over things happening at the same time or even in a more non-linear, chaotic way.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 hours ago, zambize said:

I'm sorry but this made me laugh

"Edited 3 minutes ago by Tony 845 
Granmar"

?????????

@Tony 845 Ain't nobody here a Buddha. Some people with various degrees of insight and plenty of ego.

4 minutes ago, Markus said:

@Tony 845 Ain't nobody here a Buddha. Some people with various degrees of insight and plenty of ego.

So you believe the Buddha had no Ego eh?  Again we come back to this belief that Enlightenment is somehow joined at the hip with No Ego.  But, tell me, what is that which believes?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Whether or not the Buddha was completely free of craving (the whole concept of nirvana and escaping the cycle of samsara would suggest he was), none of us are anywhere near him. 

8 minutes ago, Markus said:

@Joseph Maynor Whether or not the Buddha was completely free of craving (the whole concept of nirvana and escaping the cycle of samsara would suggest he was), none of us are anywhere near him. 

Oh yeah?  How do you know that?  That's just a belief in your Mind.  Or a better way of saying it is: that's just a belief that the Mind is clinging to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

33 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Oh yeah?  How do you know that?  That's just a belief in your Mind.  Or a better way of saying it is: that's just a belief that the Mind is clinging to.

Sure. I just don't see anything to suggest I'm wrong. I assume it because I see a lot of lack of understanding and craving in what people say, including myself. To give an example of a recent thing I noticed with myself, it is the amount of comfort and escapism that I've received from certain spiritual beliefs, such as the eternalness and timelessness of the self. Of course that's just an egoic mechanism. The ego takes the insight into emptiness, and claims "I am it, therefore I am eternal." And I see the same thing a lot here. Even a bit worse is people believing they're god, which seems pretty exclusive to people using psychedelics. Another thing is people throwing non-duality at people's legitimate emotional problems, as if that'll help them. I think there's a lot to the path people don't really grasp. They think they'll awaken and just not identify with their ego and that's that. I used to think like that. Didn't really work out though, because it ends up as self-deluding. There's no real selflessness and understanding of the perspective of others.

Edited by Markus

@Joseph Maynor You know before you heard of non duality. You didn’t know about it, u might have thought well that’s just philosophy. Now ur a basic non dual state or had an awakening, and someone tells you about the eradication of craving.

The possibility seems so remote and your limited understanding clashes with it so you cling to your perspective. Which you might even think isn’t a perspective. It is, it was marked by a shift in experience, and the possibility of many further shifts exists. 

12 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Joseph Maynor You know before you heard of non duality. You didn’t know about it, u might have thought well that’s just philosophy. Now ur a basic non dual state or had an awakening, and someone tells you about the eradication of craving.

The possibility seems so remote and your limited understanding clashes with it so you cling to your perspective. Which you might even think isn’t a perspective. It is, it was marked by a shift in experience, and the possibility of many further shifts exists. 

Ok, so you're basically telling me you know something that I don't yet know.  That's how these all begin isn't it?  Same with the Buddha has no Ego that was used previously for the same purpose.  You've fallen into the same snare you're trying to help me out of.  

What is that which knows?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor know of possibilities, modes of being you don’t know about maybe a better way of putting it. Not a piece of knowledge. The distinction matters, because we aren’t debating opinions.

Just saying the human physiology, system and experience can radically shift after one’s shift to non duality. A lot more development is possible. If you want to call it that. 

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Same with the Buddha has no Ego that was used previously for the same purpose.

Don’t understand what you mean here though.

4 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Joseph Maynor know of possibilities, modes of being you don’t know about maybe a better way of putting it. Not a piece of knowledge. The distinction matters, because we aren’t debating opinions.

Just saying the human physiology, system and experience can radically shift after one’s shift to non duality. A lot more development is possible. If you want to call it that. 

Don’t understand what you mean here though.

Oh so basically you're saying you're more developed than I am?  That's an interesting belief.

What is that which believes?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Joseph Maynor lol. I gave it a shot. Didn’t work. Let’s move on.

You gave what a shot?  I'm not sure what you're implying.  At least be clear. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Tried to use reason to talk about possibilities your not open to, but you just went for the who has the belief shtick so I said nevermind. Let’s move on.

Just now, Arhattobe said:

@Joseph Maynor Tried to use reason to talk about possibilities your not open to, but you just went for the who has the belief shtick so I said nevermind. Let’s move on.

It's looks like you're the one who's closed down not me.  See, you gotta look at actions as well as words folks.  Actions actions actions speak louder than words.  This guy says I'm not open but he's the one who wants to move on so adamantly.  Why is that?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor i don't know how sincere you are about this process, but you've been here for a while...

your intellectual pride is off the roof. i'm not saying that you're not smart. you're way smarter than me. i'm just saying that you cannot go very far if you're that attached to the intellect.

haven't you asked yourself why you get so triggered when someone claims to be more developed than you? what if i said that you're not enlightened, would you be able not to argue with me trying to prove otherwise?

just a tip from a friend.

unborn Truth