Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

@ShugendoRa I've always done it just once daily, also,

Sometimes on the lesson routines it says rounds, sometimes sets, sometimes minutes, or sometimes just the exercise name, or sometimes just a number with no indication anywhere if it is the number of minutes, rounds, or sets. 

Where can I find information on how kriya works, so I can properly understand the routines. The book tells you what to do but I feel like I'm not going to get very far if I don't understand what I'm doing and why it's structured how it is

1 hour ago, Cocolove said:

@ShugendoRa I've always done it just once daily, also,

Sometimes on the lesson routines it says rounds, sometimes sets, sometimes minutes, or sometimes just the exercise name, or sometimes just a number with no indication anywhere if it is the number of minutes, rounds, or sets. 

Where can I find information on how kriya works, so I can properly understand the routines. The book tells you what to do but I feel like I'm not going to get very far if I don't understand what I'm doing and why it's structured how it is

I'd recommend Ennio Nimis book on Kriya Yoga. Its free at kriyayogainfo.net

Has a lot of useful information

why does kriya triggers anger in me ?

usually, i am a pacifist person.

is it because i repress my anger all the time ?

it come from chakras 1 - 2 - 3.

or it's collective consciousness ?

it's coming from nowhere, i have no reason to be angry.

it could be a coincidence but i'm almost sure it's kriya (it's been on/off depending if kriya or not).

is there a way to fix this ?

is it normal ?

Edited by Soulbass

I have tried to do Kriya from J.C. Stevens but after 4 months I had to give up. I was meditating 40 min at that time, doing the Krya exercises for about 20-30 min and continue to meditate till 40 min mark. 

I found it more or less useless. This is because doing the Nadi Sodhana, Ujjayi Pranayama and Talaba Kriya I try to keep counting all the time, then I lose the track  and feel like I do not do it correctly. Plus it is quite noisy. I found out that I am more relaxed when I just sit and focus on one point. I start to meditate for an hour now and working on the concentration practice ( 2 min at the moment)

Are you finding the exercises from the other Kriya books more practical? Is the Kriya by J.C Stevens confusing just for me? 

Edited by Alex bAlex

53 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

why does kriya triggers anger in me ?

usually, i am a pacifist person.

is it because i repress my anger all the time ?

it come from chakras 1 - 2 - 3.

or it's collective consciousness ?

it's coming from nowhere, i have no reason to be angry.

it could be a coincidence but i'm almost sure it's kriya (it's been on/off depending if kriya or not).

is there a way to fix this ?

is it normal ?

@Soulbass I use to feel angry (after 6 months of 40 min meditation combined with Kriya). I don't think it has to do something in particular with Kriya but more with the memories and probably humiliation felt in the past which are coming out. After a while, it passes and become calm again. I found that being aware of my anger, and take deep breaths when that is coming on helps a lot. 

Check this out for a better understanding 

@Alex bAlexIf I am finding all the exercises practical. Remember the real gains come from the post kriya awareness 

On 30.12.2018 at 3:10 PM, John West said:

I've got a few questions for the practice (I have the book):

1. Is Medulla the point on the back of the head? Because in one picture (page 98) it seems like it is the chakra, but on the other pages it's said that it is a ksetram.
  2. For the concentration practice (lesson 4): Do you focus on the visual field where Bhrumadhya lies or the feeling / touch sensation?
  3. For First part of Kriya Pranayama (8) & Maha Mudra (9): Same question, do you literally visualize the energy going up and down (literally, so in your visual / seeing imagination) or do you "feel" it up and down your spine (like a (inner) touch sensation)? Otherwise I can visualize (as from visual) warm and cold which would be necessary. And if it is about feeling it, do you try to feel it actually through the spine or along the ksetrams on the outside?

I dont want to spam, but I think my questions are too old that they get overlooked quickly ;). Even if you just answer one of them, I'd be grateful

On 29/12/2018 at 5:12 AM, Dorotheus said:

The princeples used during my practice:

- total surrender;

- no thoughts about 'survival' stuff;

- body facing east;

About body facing east, why is that ?

I already didn't understand what was the point/reason for that when I read it first

@Jordan94 I honestly felt the same and still feel skeptical but I notice a lot of mystics from the East really seem to take this part pretty seriously so if I were you I wouldn’t just cast it aside. Understand that this is a science that’s been used for thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of years. I know it seems weird but I’d say put your skepticism aside for now. 

On 02/01/2019 at 8:49 PM, Jordan94 said:

About body facing east, why is that ?

I'm facing the east as well. I think I am doing because the sun rises from the east... It came more like an automated response than being taught by someone to do this. 

In yoga the sun salutations are executed facing the sun, the altars in churches are on the direction of the sunrise... 

If we face East when we meditate, we receive these currents. They help us to attain inner enlightenment. Facing East, he adds, also helps us “to relax energy from the muscles and send it into the brain https://www.ananda.org/ask/face-east-meditation/

Edited by Alex bAlex

4 minutes ago, herghly said:

@kieranperez meh... i dont face east while doing kriya

I mean, we're doing kriya yoga to reach enlightenment aren't we?

Yogis have instructed their students to face east when doing yoga for thousands of years on the basis that it will help them reach enlightenment faster. I don't know why they said that, nor do I know if there is any veracity to the claim, but if maybe, just maybe something so simple can help me reach enlightenment a bit faster, why wouldn't I do it?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@FredFred You are probably right. If i'm doing kriya every day i may as well follow all the guidelines. 

How many KP do you guys do?

On 1/3/2019 at 0:40 PM, Guillem12 said:

Hi, i started my yoga practice after reading the yoga book recomended on the youtube videos and got some questions that hope somebody can solve: when doing the ktiya supreme fire i dont exactly know how to do the 3 locks, i looked on internet but dont fully understand what should i do maybe you know about some videos or something that might help me and i also dont know if i should hold this locks the hole 90seconds that i keep my breath or just at the begging. Ty! 

You contract the area between your anus and balls(if you are male), then you suck your stomach up towards solar plexus and lastly you put your chin down towards your chest. Yes hold it the whole duration. Will get easier the more you do it

Can I start practicing Kriya Yoga primarily from the book "The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga" without having any prior experience, or should I start with the exercises stated in "Kriya Secrets Revealed"?

In "The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga", the exercises seem really powerful, and I am not sure if I am ready for that, because he states in the book that they are very powerful, but what do you guys think, is it safe?

1 hour ago, korbes said:

Can I start practicing Kriya Yoga primarily from the book "The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga" without having any prior experience, or should I start with the exercises stated in "Kriya Secrets Revealed"?

In "The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga", the exercises seem really powerful, and I am not sure if I am ready for that, because he states in the book that they are very powerful, but what do you guys think, is it safe?

I find that there's not much explanation about the techniques in The Secret Power of Kriya Yoga. On the other hand Kriya Secrets Revealed is a goldmine. You should really buy that one if you're planning to practice Kriya in the long term!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.