Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

1,475 posts in this topic

@Mart

You are doing them really slow, that's great. When I was doing spinal breathing, it took me about 50 min to do 108 pranayamas, without pauses (average). 

With the third eye variant that Gamana says, using ujjayi breathing, it takes me around 30 minutes. It's smoother. 

10 min for Maha Mudra, around 15 min for Kriya Supreme Fire, 5min yoni mudra, and 20min meditation on being-awareness.

I do it twice a day. 

@Jordan94

Yeah, it looks nice. I've tried tadan kriya before. Sometimes it helped, sometimes it didn't. I eventually had to ditch it because my routine, at the time, was taking nearly 2h.

The OMS in kutastha is placing the center of your attention in that space and chanting as if you were there. But if you mean the being in medulla while looking at kutastha during the concentration phase or something like that, as it is written in the big kriya book, then I have no idea. It's too confusing and splits the attention, defeating its purpose. 

@Greenbirch

I have experienced restlessness, insomnia and stuff like that, but nothing major. I've also experienced urges to do stuff. Like lots of activity, just go stuff. These are rare occurrences though. 

Get the books. They will 100% help you. 

If you go into kundalini yoga right off the bat, you may definitely experience side effects. I prefer kriya yoga. It does the job just fine, and I rarely experience negative side effects, as I said above. 

Grounding helps, but if you are extremely sensitive, you must go slowly. You don't want to overdrive your CPU! Best grounding for me is doing powerlifting and sports. 

@BuddhaTree Thanks for the answer, yea there's a lot of prep in Ennio's book, i'm still trying around see which ones seems the most effective to me, although the nadi sodhana + tadan is pretty fast so I find them quite good compared to the investment

6 hours ago, BuddhaTree said:

@Jordan94

The OMS in kutastha is placing the center of your attention in that space and chanting as if you were there.

Does the placing attention means just feeling the sensations that appear there ? or not necessarly ? or not at all ?

On 02/07/2018 at 3:36 PM, YogiLogan said:
On 01/07/2018 at 5:27 PM, Cliffardo said:

Has Ryan Kurczak on youtube been mentioned ? anyone know if hes any good, no experience in this 

He teaches from the position of an SRF student, his videos are good for beginners and those taking the SRF path. If you read the 'book' you see that the SRF has corrupted the techniques. 

@YogiLogan Not necessarily...I have a feeling that Yogananda gave the advanced techniques to his close disciples while giving the more basic techniques to the general public through the SRF organization.

Ryan's techniques are from a direct disciple of Yogananda so I wouldnt just assume that his techniques are not powerful

Does anyone have experience with mixing Zazen meditation with Kriya Yoga? I am a member of a Zen center here and they have weekend retreats and full day retreats sporadically which are very valuable to me. I don't do Zazen as a daily habit though, I just do Kriya Yoga (which has absolutely blown me away in only a few months). The thing is we focus on Hara, the section just below the navel, which is the Manipura Chakra. Are there risks of making this part overactive or shouldn't I worry about it and just let my daily Kriya practice balance it out? Thanks.

EDIT, so I guess Hara is just below the navel and Manipura is at or slightly above the navel. But I would still appreciate some opinions on focusing on this area for a long time while doing Kriya regularily. 

Edited by Esoteric

Maha Mudra

im at the point in the kriya book where it’s time for me to learn maha mudra but I don’t seem to be felixble enough and it’s quite difficult. Has anyone had this issue too and how did you overcome it? 

21 hours ago, Slade said:

Maha Mudra

im at the point in the kriya book where it’s time for me to learn maha mudra but I don’t seem to be felixble enough and it’s quite difficult. Has anyone had this issue too and how did you overcome it? 

@Slade Just touch the toes and bend the knees if you have to. Eventually you can do it with fully stretched legs.

Just hopped on the Kriya train a few days ago. Question:

When practicing ujjayi pranayama, I'm a bit confused. The book describes it as an inhale and an exhale trough the nose, but the picture instructs breathing trough the mouth? I searched youtube and found guides showing different variations, like in trough the nose and out trough the mouth, mouth only and nose only. What is "the correct" way to do it, without sliding into experimenting mode? Also it's hard to understand "the sound" you are supposed to make. I think I got it right with nose only, but yeah... what's the deal here?

12 hours ago, molosku said:

When practicing ujjayi pranayama, I'm a bit confused. The book describes it as an inhale and an exhale trough the nose, but the picture instructs breathing trough the mouth? I searched youtube and found guides showing different variations, like in trough the nose and out trough the mouth, mouth only and nose only. What is "the correct" way to do it, without sliding into experimenting mode? Also it's hard to understand "the sound" you are supposed to make. I think I got it right with nose only, but yeah... what's the deal here?

Personnaly, I am not opening the mouth. But everybody can have differents experiences, try and see what works the best for you. I try to follow a bit more my intuition on the details as Leo mentionned it because we are all differents beings with differents resonance. 

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Does "Kriya Supreme Fire" have other names? I just started reading the book that Leo recommends, but it's a Russian version and something might have been lost in the translation.  

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mandrake said:

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Does "Kriya Supreme Fire" have other names? I just started reading the book that Leo recommends, but it's a Russian version and something might have been lost in the translation.  

Thanks.

Nop. That's the only name I know of. It is based on similar concepts with the breath of fire, but it is not the same. It is applied to Kriya Yoga.

I guess you can always contact the author and ask him. I've talked to him and he kindly answered back.

On 30/08/2018 at 8:00 AM, molosku said:

Definitely mouth closed. It is much stronger. Regarding the sound, you can either learn it from youtube, or from someone doing it in front of you. I guess there's no other way.

13 hours ago, Mandrake said:

I'm new to Kriya Yoga. 

Thanks.

It is one of the key techniques presented in SantataGamana's books.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

I have whole this month off from work. So I will of course put every second of my free time on enlightenment work. I have already ordered a bunch of books about kriya but they have not came yet.

I need to start with kriya immediately, is there free instructions somewhere about how to perform it? So I can start before the books come.

Edited by Mikael89

“The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself.”

- Albert Camus

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I have whole this month off from work. So I will of course put every second of my free time on enlightenment work. I have already ordered a bunch of books about kriya but they have not came yet.

I need to start with kriya immediately, is there free instructions somewhere about how to perform it? So I can start before the books come.

This is a free book by Ennio Nimis with specific instructions - http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

Edited by Mandrake
Actually, this might be what you're looking for right now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCrNuuJm0E&list=PL5ht1gvdFkmQarRVuPcHXVT2DJCkMZZGx

@Mandrake Thanks.

I read about that you should learn Kriya from a teacher.. Is it ok to skip that?

Edited by Mikael89

“The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself.”

- Albert Camus

Haven't started doing kriya yoga seriously yet so for those who have been at it for at least a few months, what results are you getting from kriya yoga?

Edited by Torch

I bought 'The secret power of kriya yoga' by SantataGamana, thinking that I would be able to start with Kriya right away. But it seems like I must first have the 'Kriya yoga exposed' book from the same author, because it has the instructions. So the description of 'The secret power of Kriya yoga' is misleading.

Will I be able to start with Kriya yoga if I buy 'Kriya yoga exposed'? I have absolutely zero experience of yoga.

I also bought 'Kriya Secrets Revealed' by J.C. Stevens, and I see now that it was a mistake, because it's waaaaay too advanced. I do want to get enlightened but I'm not a rocket scientist. I'm not intellectually smart enough to read and do all that rocket science, and I definitely don't have time for such complicated stuff even though I currently have vacation but it wont last forever.

Someone just tell me how I can start with Kriya yoga..

I will start a separate thread if I'm not going to get an answer here.

- Albert Camus