Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Hey, hope everyone's doing well on their journey :) I've been getting random neck spasms? One night I woke up caught this random neck spasm? Thanks

On 12/22/2018 at 10:49 PM, Sahil Pandit said:

@Cocolove Yeah it's safe. What else would you expect? 

Since it's really powerful, I didn't know if it should only be done in the context of a kriya routine, with the other preparatory exercises that might work to control the energy. Kundalini syndrome sounds scary

Has someone here tried doing a Kriya Yoga retreat? What was your schedule?

@Girzo

Kriya Yoga Meditation Stay at Home Retreat Agenda

Thursday

12:00 – 2 PM

Introduction To Kriya – Philosophy and Techniques – Half Hour Meditation

6:00 – 7:00 PM

Technique Instruction and Review – 45 Minute Meditation

Friday

8:30 AM –10 AM

Philosophy and Techniques – Half Hour Meditation

12:00 PM – 1:30 PM

Kriya Yoga Lifestyle – Half Hour Meditation

6:00 PM

45 Minute Meditation

Saturday

8:30 AM – 10 AM

Principles of the Bhagavad Gita – Half Hour Meditation

Principles of the Yoga Sutras – Half Hour Meditation

6:00 PM – 7 PM

Contemplative Practices Instruction – 45 Minute Meditation

Sunday

8:30 AM – 10 AM

Q&A – 45 Minute Meditation

Q&A – 45 Minute Concluding Meditation

https://ashevillevedicastrology.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/2015-kriya-yoga-meditation-online-retreat/

I have a problem with the Talabya Kriya and Kechari Mudra techniques : I get huge gag reflex when doing the practice...

I can stretch my frenulum and my tongue a couple of times okay, but I can't even fathom how I'm gonna be able to stick my tongue in my nasal cavity... What's the point if I'm just gonna vomit in my own mouth while doing it.

Anybody have the same problem? What can I do to prevent the gag? Should I just drop practicing those lessons entirely? I can't be the only one going through this...

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@Dorotheus Sounds like its really working for ya! Got any tips for improving the spinal breathing visualisation? For some reason I just can't get this part right no matter how much I practise.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 hours ago, herghly said:

@FredFred How long have you been doing this for?

Not a lot. I've just started actually!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@herghly currently i am mastering lesson 14. My sessions are always different in duration, but they are at least 40 minutes. Whenever i get 'in the zone' my sessions can take up to two hours. When this happens it can happen that i am in concentration for an hour for example. 

But this is just my practice and everybody will create their own specific way for doing their yoga. Therefore, the most import thing in my opinion are not the technical details but the PRINCEPLES for doing proper yoga. The principles i will use before my practice are:

- no food two hours before starting;

- realizing that these techniques come from hardcore human beings. At the end of the book there are articles about babaji and yogananda, read those and ask yourself, "is this kriya yoga something i am ready for"?;

- Read the yoga sutras, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoga_Sutras_of_Patanjali?wprov=sfla1;

- do it in a quite area;

- do it alone, not in a group;

The princeples used during my practice:

- total surrender;

- no thoughts about 'survival' stuff;

- body facing east;

- try to reach the breathless state as soon as possible.

These are my princeples for doing proper yoga which are responsible for my results. 

@Space do more work focussing on all the chakras. When you have actually experienced the chakras, this technique will become verry powerfull. You will feel the breath going 'through' the spine as it were. When you get this far, it is not so difficult to feel going up 'cold' and down 'hot'.

Good luck guys

@Dorotheus Good guidelines. I've been doing kriya now for seven months and i'm still playing around with my routine to find what works best 

Any advice on dealing with side-effects of practice persisting in daily life, like tingles or pins and needles? 

I have done bloodwork and it's ok, so I guess it has to be caused by Kriya + stress.

I've got a few questions for the practice (I have the book):

1. Is Medulla the point on the back of the head? Because in one picture (page 98) it seems like it is the chakra, but on the other pages it's said that it is a ksetram.
  2. For the concentration practice (lesson 4): Do you focus on the visual field where Bhrumadhya lies or the feeling / touch sensation?
  3. For First part of Kriya Pranayama (8) & Maha Mudra (9): Same question, do you literally visualize the energy going up and down (literally, so in your visual / seeing imagination) or do you "feel" it up and down your spine (like a (inner) touch sensation)? Otherwise I can visualize (as from visual) warm and cold which would be necessary. And if it is about feeling it, do you try to feel it actually through the spine or along the ksetrams on the outside?

Do you have to do your kriya 3 times morning noon and afternoon? Or can you do 12 rounds each in on session?