Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Dear Leo, after all of your awakenings, is karma real or b.s.?

15 posts in this topic

Greetings Leo.

I pose this question to you because I recently acted selfishly and egoistic, and I'm sort of facing the backlash.

Anyways, you say often that your current views may sometimes contradict your past views, because you experience new awakenings which reveal the older awakenings to be outdated.

So... Is karma still real? Is the price of living selfishly karmic backlash and suffering? Because I'm certainly feeling it as of writing this post.

Basically, does this video of yours below still hold, or is it outdated?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Depends on how you define what karma is.

If you simply mean that acting selfishly will produce natural negative blowback for you, then of course that's true.

If you mean that God is somehow inflicting punishment on you for your evil ways, then that is a fantasy.

Karma is not some kind of perfect or fair universal accounting system. It's possible to be extremely selfish but also lucky in avoiding blowback. But you could also be unlucky and experience extreme blowback to the point of unfairness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

So even Hitler could've avoided blowback from his extremely selfish actions if he won the war?

Wtf! Then I guess selfishness isn't always a bad thing from the perspective of the ego if you manage to come through unscathed.

Edited by Yali

39 minutes ago, Yali said:

if he won the war?

That's a huge if.

Hitler's goal was simply unsustainable and was bound to come with many negative consequences for him and his people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura

So even Hitler could've avoided blowback from his extremely selfish actions if he won the war?

Wtf! Then I guess selfishness isn't always a bad thing from the perspective of the ego if you manage to come through unscathed.

I like to see karma according to Lacanian psychoanalytic metaphysics:

-Consciousness is a camera that observes itself in the form of a holey surface.
-Every helplessness is a hole.
-Consciousness in two ways relieves the anxiety of lack.

-The death drive: I'm hungry -> I have a hole, I eat -> I fill the hole.
Conscious result "yum, I ate well, I'm full"

-Narcissism ("Pulsion for life", self-preservation): I am hungry -> I move the camera (the ego) so that the hole becomes flat. (frustration (anxiety) becomes satisfaction in this new system thanks to this sublimation.
Conscious result: "I don't eat (because you don't have money, because of anorexia...), I know how to control myself and I want to stay very thin!", "I have a will unlike all these people who don't know how to eat!", "“People are stupid to spend so much money on food rather than saving, people are not serious!” etcetc.

So to return to our famous Austrian painter, most certainly negative experiences, particularly during early childhood (where he was most sensitive) pushed him to defend his ego by creating wacky mental imagery but which worked to sublimate his libido in the sense of a certain satisfaction.
The refusal to shake up his identifications ended up transforming him into a drug addict, now branded as one of the worst dictators in history.

As sadghuru would say, Hitler is nothing really special, he's just a crook like any other who was more effective and was in the right place at the right time.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

was simply unsustainable

He certainly would've been happier in the short term, which goes to show that committing acts of evil isn't always immediately detrimental to one's life @Leo Gura

Edited by Yali

Karma is like a house that is poorly build out of laziness. Yes it is easy to cut the corners when you build your house but at the end your own ceilling will come down on you.

1 hour ago, Yali said:

He certainly would've been happier in the short term, which goes to show that committing acts of evil isn't always immediately detrimental to one's life

Kind of like gambling. Feels great in the short term, especially on a good day you rake in a ton of money. But keep on going, and you can see where that can lead you.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Let's say that your energetic configuration, your level of openness, fear, anger, hatred, shame, form a pattern, something real and solid, stable. This energetic configuration becomes denser or more open depending on the individual's way of being. Very dense configurations tend towards behaviors of separation, lying and selfishness. These behaviors create a denser and more closed pattern.

This does not mean that a misfortune is going to happen to you, but it does mean that your vital flow is going to be narrow, twisted, sickly. This can attract that kind of reality to you. It is not something measurable with external standards, maybe you will become a millionaire, but your flow in life is going to be unpleasant shit and there is a greater chance that you will attract bad things.

In addition, many mystics have spoken of reincarnation. It is a possibility, that pattern is restarted with some inherited master lines. You can see that reality is evolutionary, everything copies itself with some evolutionary adjustments. perhaps at deep levels it is also like this, and the energy patterns have continuity

4 hours ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura

Everything Hitler did was war. War was his whole Modus Operandi. There never was the possibility of winning some war, because that would've been the end of Hitler.

If he'd won the war he would've found another one to fight.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

5 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Greetings Leo.

I pose this question to you because I recently acted selfishly and egoistic, and I'm sort of facing the backlash.

Anyways, you say often that your current views may sometimes contradict your past views, because you experience new awakenings which reveal the older awakenings to be outdated.

So... Is karma still real? Is the price of living selfishly karmic backlash and suffering? Because I'm certainly feeling it as of writing this post.

Karma is just cause and effect. You could also say: Everything you do, you do to yourself, because there's nothing else that exists. Selfishness is the consequence of not knowing that.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

"How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven." - Jesus

Not just that they will never find the absolute truth but they'll also suffer because being selifsh is depressing. When you choose money and hedonism over relatioships, compassion, and altruism, that will alienate you from others and make you suffer. That would be and example of karma.

21 hours ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Greetings Leo.

Basically, does this video of yours below still hold, or is it outdated?

What you are missing is that everyghing is BS.  So yeah karma is imagined just like everything else. 

You carve out your own destiny friend.  But what you have to remember is that you ARE the whole thing...and then you created this reality and placed yourself into it - and created "karma" and "luck" and everything else that goes with it.  All of it is imagined by you and dreamed up by you.  

So that karma you make is something you are manifesting anyway.  It's all the same thing in the end.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 2/27/2024 at 0:39 PM, Yali said:

He certainly would've been happier in the short term, which goes to show that committing acts of evil isn't always immediately detrimental to one's life @Leo Gura

It's always detrimental. Excessive selfishness is caused by a lack of contentment, so you are never satisfied. You are always chasing your next fix, your next high. Whereas someone who is selfless is satisfied so they don't need to scheme and manipulate. The selfishness always loses, even if it appears its winning because its short-sighted and goes against truth.

Truth is order, consistency, integrity, so when you do the opposite it falls everytime because it cannot be maintained.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.