Ima Freeman

How do you come to an acceptance of death

145 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, cetus said:

The short answer is I don't know yet. I was placed on an aggressive radiation and chemo treatment program back in Dec. and continues today. In the next week or two I'll be having a CT scan to find out if there is any shrinkage to the main tumor (was 5cm) and affected lymph nodes on my left lung.

Good wishes

3 hours ago, Hojo said:

You have to focus on it a long time. I deal with this fear for 30 years if you have fear of non existence you are poking God. You gotta keep poking it and poking it and poking it until it crushes you. Poke it enough time and you will eventually merge with it on accident.

So, awakening through death contemplation?

YOU actually won’t die. In a sense you could say it’s like you watch your death. Like watching a death in a movie, or watching someone else what you think ‘actually’ die. Alls you’re doing is watching a death from a first person point of view. It’s not a problem. What you really are won’t die. What you’re identifying with will. Your mix up of your identity, is causing this issue. You are what’s aware of the body you think you are that’s dying, or dies. The awareness itself, not what it’s aware of. Yes you are that too, your it all, but what your talking about is just that constricted limited identity of your human body that your true self, ‘awareness’ is aware of. It’s genuinely not an issue. It just seems so. Awareness will become aware of being something else. So yes, that rat you see, that bird, snake, dog, ant, whatever animal or being you see, is just feeling like you, because it is you. The awareness in that thing, is just you, what you would be being that thing, if you were that thing. Also you are me being you, so I wouldn’t want to bullshit you would I. And vice versa, I am you being me. So we’re helping each other out here with this communication. 
But hey I am completely imagining you here, completely. So how does that work you may say?? Take some psychedelics and awaken before you die buddy and awaken to me. I’ve done it and awoken to you, so at this end it’s all good. We just need to tie up your end by the sounds of it and that strange loop of your end and my end being the exact same place forever and eternity will make absolute sense for you. Take care 

1 hour ago, Wilhelm44 said:

Or phrased differently: How do you come to an acceptance of Infinite Life

I don't understand death=infinite life
Because infinite life for me is creation

When shit hits the fan, no amount of wishful thinking will cut it. The reality of death is passionately avoided by the self, as it is the end of self. This is the real test of enlightenment, being OK with the fact of your impending death. Get who and what you are. Otherwise, relax, everything's OK.

Edited by UnbornTao

@Ima Freeman yes fear of non existence is the secret of humans all humans have this just a  few will focus on it. Since I was baby I had the idea of non existence and it scare me but I keep poking and I see God and I merged with the fear and it was the best feeling ever.

4 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Ima Freeman yes fear of non existence is the secret of humans all humans have this just a  few will focus on it. Since I was baby I had the idea of non existence and it scare me but I keep poking and I see God and I merged with the fear and it was the best feeling ever.

Since I was a baby, it’s fear of existing forever that scared me the most. I remember asking my mum: « will I live forever » and she told me yes thinking it was reassuring to me but when I told her how anxious I was about it, she told me that no one day I’m going to die, and I remember telling myself « owhh, yes living 80-100years would just be perfect » 

41 minutes ago, thierry said:

Since I was a baby, it’s fear of existing forever that scared me the most. I remember asking my mum: « will I live forever » and she told me yes thinking it was reassuring to me but when I told her how anxious I was about it, she told me that no one day I’m going to die, and I remember telling myself « owhh, yes living 80-100years would just be perfect » 

But yes it is in fact the same thing.

3 hours ago, thierry said:

Tehehe, same here... as a kid, the prospect of living forever (in the present form) seemed to me like the most horrifying thing imaginable; when I learned that there are people on this planet who actually dream of being immortal and would give absolutely anything to stay around on this planet forever, I thought "good God... what on earth are you motherf***ers smoking?!"

Luckily, God is smarter than that. ;)

Why so serious?

@cetus

My heart goes out to you, man... stay strong and positive, and know that you are not alone. 🙏

Why so serious?

On 1/2/2024 at 1:36 AM, cetus said:

This was me about mid November. It was like shock and awe to the system (the ego self) when I ask the Dr. "how much time would I have if I did nothing"? And he tells me -about a month or so. And I'm thinking O.K. so I would have till about Christmas or New Year if I choose to do nothing. And I'm thinking how I liquidate the house and all its contents so it's not too much of a burden on my daughter and son. I totally wasn't prepared for this short notice. At the time I did make my final wishes known to a certain person here on the forum and asked them if they would be willing to step in for me in the event that I could no longer fulfill my Mod duties (they know who they are. And as a side note I asked them to keep it on the hush as a favor to me). Hopefully Leo gives them his final stamp of approval when the time comes. Or even before. @Leo Gura Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot. I know this is news to you.

So, to answer your question: Life always hangs in the balance. It's a lesson in impermanence that each will learn to accept in their own way, in their own time.

On 1/2/2024 at 11:52 AM, Ima Freeman said:

On 1/2/2024 at 11:35 AM, Ima Freeman said:

I respect you a lot for being in that situation. I wish you light, openess, trascendence of the mind. 

Death is an end and a beginning onto itself.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

7 hours ago, Atb210201 said:

You do that by living well my friend ;)

Your own deeds won't save you. We all fall short to the glory of God. Only by accepting his mercy are we saved from death. 

How do you come to an acceptance of death?

You have no choice

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

This could help, if you watch till the end and go through the process

If you liked his style this book may help you:

adi da death.jpg

It is not merely to pose the question but to make the effort to answer it and transcend it, what will mark your failure or success in realizing what death is. Effort meaning time, energy, money, desire and life style.

These videos of Leo may also shine light on your quest: the topic of DeathFear and Survival

Edited by Davino

👁CONSCIOUSNESS👁

☀️INFINITY_GOD🌞

🌎LOVE❤️                         💎TRUTH⚔️

You were never born & will never die 

This experience, is simply a game to be enjoyed in all its beauty 

Do what makes you happy & do what you love. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Do what makes you happy & do what you love. 

This can lead suffering even if it is an illusion. One must be completely surrender in order to love and be happy in any circumstances. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@James123 Of course, I am assuming most people here are well versed in trad Advaitan & surrendering though. 

I think what a lot of people miss is then EXPRESSING this (Spira calls it the Tantric Path) and actually creating a life of LOVE. 

Its great to understand the absolute is all there is. 

And, if you wanna live a monastic existence, great. 

However, most westerners (which I assume most here are, or at least not choosing a monastic life) we then have a life to live from this place. 

I believe, there is a lack of teachings on this, very few teachers talk about Post-Awakening living. 

So post surrender to the self, to express this in your very own unique human life is to create a life you love, and do what makes you happy. 

Do what FEELS good, and follow that, imo. 

Nothing will top St Augustine's simplicity- Love and do whatever you want!

Sorry for ramble lol 

In this Dream, we still have a unique nature that is crying to be expressed, in its own unique way. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi