Ima Freeman

How do you come to an acceptance of death

145 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, thierry said:

As long as you do not have transcended Life and Death completely

You cannot transcend Life. Life is all there is. You cannot transcend death because death doesn't exist.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

You cannot transcend Life. Life is all there is. You cannot transcend death because death doesn't exist.

I would bet it exists to you. Otherwise we would not have this discussion.

Death is cool.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 minutes ago, thierry said:

I would bet it exists to you. Otherwise we would not have this discussion.

Yes, only in theory and concepts. In my imagination.

7 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Death is cool.

So is cool breeze.

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yes, only in theory and concepts. In my imagination.

The fact is as a human you’ll die and facing your human death is part of the work.

personally, I intend to do this work but do whatever you want.

6 minutes ago, thierry said:

The fact is as a human you’ll die and facing your human death is part of the work.

personally, I intend to do this work but do whatever you want.

Ok fine. Do whatever pleases you. I don't have to work on something i don't have to face. If you want to call it that, i'm facing death now from the moment I was apparently born. 

57 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

How can you face what's not there. You can think about what's not there but that will only be thought, which isn't Reality. The reality is that there's no death only life. No one has ever experienced death. 

I understand the need to separate ourselves from the physical body, so people understand they don't die, the body does. To die is to pass from physical life or for the ego to cease to exist.

There is certainly strong sensations of pain. My ankles are killing me from running my fat butt again. My knees are telling me they ache. When I lift the weights again in week or so it'll hurt my arms. So the transition is there every second and some of it hurts, people do experience more discomfort as they age generally.

The experience of life has transition or death in it every second. You won't get this moment, again or that one. We will never interact the same way again, perhaps never at all. You won't get that emotion or sensation that way again. You won't love or long that way again. That friend's gone, that dog over there you loved, one day, me, leo, this forum, your body. Death is there to remind you to enjoy the moment for what it is. So you are aware that you won't have (or need to have) this moment, pattern or exact life again. 

Transition. We die or transition every night when we sleep and return to the totality of ourselves. If you reincarnate everything you were here can repeat or not in some form. When you or I finally choose not to reincarnate here again what are we going to call the choice? I mean you can relabel it if its more helpful, but it'll still be choosing to be something else or an expanded state.

You have to focus on it a long time. I deal with this fear for 30 years if you have fear of non existence you are poking God. You gotta keep poking it and poking it and poking it until it crushes you. Poke it enough time and you will eventually merge with it on accident.

Edited by Hojo

4 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

I understand the need to separate ourselves from the physical body

There is no separation....period.

5 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

To die is to pass from physical life

There is no such thing as physical life. It's all just appearances. 

6 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

or for the ego to cease to exist.

Something that exists, cannot not exist.

7 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

There is certainly strong sensations of pain. My ankles are killing me from running my fat butt again. My knees are telling me they ache. When I lift the weights again in week or so it'll hurt my arms. So the transition is there every second and some of it hurts, people do experience more discomfort as they age generally.

Yes, there are sensations that arises. There is also a witness to these sensations. Yes, your arms hurt. Yes your knees are telling you they ache. Who is the knee telling they are aching. 

9 minutes ago, BlueOak said:
10 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

The experience of life has transition or death in it every second. You won't get this moment, again or that one. We will never interact the same way again, perhaps never at all. You won't get that emotion or sensation that way again. You won't love or long that way again. That friend's gone, that dog over there you loved, one day, me, leo, this forum, your body. Death is there to remind you to enjoy the moment for what it is. So you are aware that you won't have (or need to have) this moment, pattern or exact life again. 

These are just stories.

6 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

There is no separation....period.

There is no such thing as physical life. It's all just appearances. 

Something that exists, cannot not exist.

Yes, there are sensations that arises. There is also a witness to these sensations. Yes, your arms hurt. Yes your knees are telling you they ache. Who is the knee telling they are aching. 

These are just stories.

Time for the spiritual ego check. Done from love :)

Every observed experience is a story or stored duality, from the perspective of the observer when it is retold.

You are writing a contradiction.

You are telling me the ego exists and always exists. Because you've decided that.
You are telling me the physical body does not exist.  Because you've decided that.

I've dropped a glass and seen it shatter to nothing.

Through self-inquiry and cleansing/detox, loving everything that exists for months. I've wiped my ego completely clean so it was no longer there. It came back because it's a survival reflex to danger. It was however different. I became very different. 

So you can remove the ego, like the glass, I've done it and seen its reformation. (Sadly not the glass yet for my clumsy hands :D

Neither is more or less a dream than the other. You can dismiss anything you like, but its your choice to do so. Someone else can choose the opposite and neither would be more correct. I could say the glass was more important than the ego, if I wanted to. 

You can call experiences 'just' a story if you want - I don't know the illusionary value you've conjured to compare them to - You understand any comparison too would be invented by you and an illusion as you put it? Maybe you are more done with these lifetimes than me. I like to think valuing and loving experiences means I won't want to repeat them over and over and over again, because they were the best they could be. So death is something to love in that respect, because each experience never comes again.

1 minute ago, BlueOak said:

You are telling me the ego exists and always exists.

Where did I say the ego exists?

2 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

You are telling me the physical body does not exist.

Where did I say the physical body doesn't exist.

3 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

You can call experiences 'just' a story if you want

I'm not calling experiences stories. I'm calling their interpretations stories.

5 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

I've wiped my ego completely

You keep saying my this and my that. What's/who's the "my" that has a what. "My ego" is implying something that has an ego.

Where did I say the ego exists?

Referring to the ego You said: Something that exists, cannot not exist.

Where did I say the physical body doesn't exist.

Referring to the physical body you said: There is no such thing as physical life. It's all just appearances. 

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm not calling experiences stories. I'm calling their interpretations stories.

Everything when retold is a story. A story is a stored duality. A duality is created when someone retells something. It goes through the filter of the mind, of language, of symbolism, of subjective consciousness, and the way we relate to or conversation we have with the other person.

If your model of life is most things are illusionary, imaginary or appearances. Then your comparison is also illusionary or imaginary, or just for appearance. Whatever value or standard you are using for comparison, is also illusionary or just for appearance.

The point is i'm not saying you are right or wrong, but splitting these things like this by a value you've created. Illusion/Not Illusion creates a divide that also doesn't have to exist.

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

You keep saying my this and my that. What's/who's the "my" that has a what. "My ego" is implying something that has an ego.

When we communicate we can choose to communicate subjectively, myself, me, I etc.
Or more universally, ourselves, we, us, etc. 

Both are useful for different purposes. If you are asking does the universe have an ego? I'd say not. Do we collectively have an ego on this planet, maybe but it'd be much broader in scope. Do I have an ego, certainly. You do too, I am poking it a bit now. I apologize I've read your words many times and wanted to say it, but knew it'd get pushback.

Take it for what its worth, or not, all the best.

4 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Brilliant, thanks.

37 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Referring to the ego You said: Something that exists, cannot not exist.

Yes, the ego exists but only in the mind. It's a mental construction.

39 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Referring to the physical body you said: There is no such thing as physical life. It's all just appearances

Yes, it exists as an appearance. It "dies" and transforms doesn't it. 

41 minutes ago, BlueOak said:
50 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

When we communicate we can choose to communicate subjectively, myself, me, I etc.
Or more universally, ourselves, we, us, etc. 

Yes, I'm aware of this but there's still a subject and an object that the subject refers to. All I was asking was who is the subject in relation to the object. 

43 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

I apologize I've read your words many times and wanted to say it, but knew it'd get pushback.

No need to apologize we're just having a conversation which I don't take personally. Infact, i may learn something because my mind is open to receiving new information and flexible in changing it's perspectives on things. I'm just responding to yours and giving my own. Neither is right, neither is wrong. It's just a matter of differences in perspectives. At the end of the day there's only one Absolute Truth from which these perspectives are arising which can be considered relatively true.

Or phrased differently: How do you come to an acceptance of Infinite Life

4 hours ago, thierry said:

I would say by facing your death a little bit everyday so you don’t have to freak out all at once. 
By being balanced, live as much as you die everyday. 
For every joy of Life you receive, face your death a little bit. Try to make Life and Death One as much as you can everyday. 
This is a very long and difficult process. Don’t expect to face your death all at once or you’ll end up like this trauma stage blue people who talk about how they entered Hell and got out of it and that you should follow their religion if you don’t wanna be in Hell forever.

Sounds like good advice, thank you