Ima Freeman

How do you come to an acceptance of death

145 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ima Freeman said:

So, surrendering to death it is then?

It is surrender to that which is the case.

Is death the case?

And surrender/acceptance is not something that you do... it is something that happens. The question is, are you aware that it happens?

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

2 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

I may need a lot more insights to see what I am.

You cannot SEE what you are, you can only BE it. An eye cannot see itself neither can a hand touch itself. You cannot be what you can observe. What you are is unknowable. You are Awareness. You cannot know Awareness you can only be it. That is your true nature. Everything else is what's being projected from it. You cannot even feel it because once you try to do that, that's also being observed. You are that which is unknowable and untouchable, unscathed by what's happening around it and what's appearing.

The paradox, though, is that you are also everything and no-thjng simultaneously. It's like if you look in the mirror and see your reflection, you'll say that's me but it's just your reflection. It's not really you, just what's appearing. The mirror can only reflect what's infront of it just as Awareness can only be aware of what's appearing. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

7 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Yes, yes, YES!

Existence is acceptance. If things weren't already fully and completely accepted, they would and could not exist. So it's not a matter of "accepting"... it's a matter of surrendering to the acceptance that is already there, always has been and always will be.

Just notice what is the case. That's the whole name of the game!

👍

@Princess Arabia Why would there have to be a world and an awareness of it?

In my experience there is only the world. No one who is aware of it.

I really tried hard to resonate with what you say and look for this awareness.

I could get a taste of it only when using the mind.

I was stuck for a long time thinking I've realized what I am.

It could not be described in words, the best thing to say about it is that it's the closest thing to you there is.

But after some examination I came to a realization that it too was a product of the mind.

Right now I experience the world as one happening which I chose to call being.

I could have called it "Myself" as well but that would imply a kind of baggage that I didn't want to carry on to reality.

Anyway you don't have to agree, it seems you have it all figured out and if that makes you happy be happy :)

Mooji has a similar view but I'm sure you know him. 

4 minutes ago, Theplay said:

Mooji has a similar view but I'm sure you know him. 

Yeah, you're right, I do know of him, love him and have listened to him.

Edited by Princess Arabia

5 minutes ago, Theplay said:

I really tried hard to resonate with what you say and look for this awareness.

Awareness is what's looking.

2 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

Sorry to hear that. How are you know? Is your condition stable?

The short answer is I don't know yet. I was placed on an aggressive radiation and chemo treatment program back in Dec. and continues today. In the next week or two I'll be having a CT scan to find out if there is any shrinkage to the main tumor (was 5cm) and affected lymph nodes on my left lung.

10 minutes ago, Theplay said:

Why would there have to be a world and an awareness of it?

In my experience there is only the world. No one who is aware of it.

There is no world outside of Awareness. The world is what's appearing from Awareness. There has never been anything in your experience that you weren't aware of.

Edited by Princess Arabia

12 minutes ago, Theplay said:

I was stuck for a long time thinking I've realized what I am.

It could not be described in words, the best thing to say about it is that it's the closest thing to you there is.

How can you be the closest thing to you. You are one or the other. 

@Princess Arabia You opened my mind to a new possibility.

I would have to meditate on it.

Its weird Mooji said that so many times but hearing it from you got me interested.

Do you know yourself to be that awareness?

1 minute ago, Theplay said:

Do you know yourself to be that awareness?

I must be if I'm not anything else. 

I would say by facing your death a little bit everyday so you don’t have to freak out all at once. 
By being balanced, live as much as you die everyday. 
For every joy of Life you receive, face your death a little bit. Try to make Life and Death One as much as you can everyday. 
This is a very long and difficult process. Don’t expect to face your death all at once or you’ll end up like this trauma stage blue people who talk about how they entered Hell and got out of it and that you should follow their religion if you don’t wanna be in Hell forever.

1 minute ago, thierry said:

I would say by facing your death a little bit everyday

How can you face what's not there. You can think about what's not there but that will only be thought, which isn't Reality. The reality is that there's no death only life. No one has ever experienced death. 

20 hours ago, Ima Freeman said:

Recently, I had a health related issue in which I had waves of anxiety and slight panic, coupled with what seemed like symptoms of an heart muscle inflammation roughly six hours in a row.

Medical testing refuted the inflammation concern.
But what I struggled with the most, was the acceptance of death. My mind opened the question. if I could now, if it so be, accept an sudden death by heart stop.

This was, not too surprisingly, a tough question. Especially because I was in the emotion of anxiety too.
There was the somehow irrational fear, that I could tip the balance in favor of death by accepting it.

How do you come to an acceptance of death, even in severe situations?
Is it only a question of courage?
Are insights necessary?
Is the ego in the way?

Think this way, nothing you can do about is as birth. You will die sooner or later. Just accept this.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

11 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

How can you face what's not there. You can think about what's not there but that will only be thought, which isn't Reality. The reality is that there's no death only life. No one has ever experienced death. 

You’ve experienced life as much as you’ve experienced death without knowing it actually. 

There is only life or there is only death, you make the distinction.

As long as you do not have transcended Life and Death completely, you can face your death with contemplation as much as you want.

20 minutes ago, thierry said:

You’ve experienced life as much as you’ve experienced death without knowing it actually.

I cannot experience anything I'm not aware of. There's no distinction between anything only what the mind has created. There is only an IDEA of death not in actuality.