Someone here

Leo..how come you are so intelligent?

21 posts in this topic

@Leo GuraWas just skimming through your content to find a perfect video for tonight's "smoking with Leo " party 🥳...and damn man..how come you understand ALL these things at the same time?  You understand how spirituality works..how philosophy works..how politics work ..how society and economics work ..how sexuality works..how science works and the limitations of science..how psychology and emotion works...and I couod go on and on......

What did it take you to achieve these high and diverse understanding of seemingly different fields ? Just a rough estimate..how important is researching . reading books etc VS contemplating and deriving fresh insights  from ground zero ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

There are many aspects which contribute to intelligence. If you nail all of them that's very rare and something really special comes out of that. 

I think for Leo its his genetic potential (probably high iq), his independent thinking which shaped his thoughts over the decades, his interest in truth which made him a lot less biased, psychedelics, his environment (relatively safe I think and little socializing).

2 hours ago, Jannes said:

There are many aspects which contribute to intelligence. If you nail all of them that's very rare and something really special comes out of that. 

I think for Leo its his genetic potential (probably high iq), his independent thinking which shaped his thoughts over the decades, his interest in truth which made him a lot less biased, psychedelics, his environment (relatively safe I think and little socializing).

That's way too reductionist. I think he reads Tons of books on these subjects he converes. 

Saw that huge ass bookshelf behind him in his video on TOE Channel?  What's that about ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here One of the reasons is the way in which his brain is wired. He was questioning reality from the get-go. At 14 years of age, he got into philosophy. 

Another reason is his introversion. Which he used nicely to his advantage. Curiosity and passion are also central to this. 

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

He usually mentions in the video or has on his booklist where he learned what he’s saying from 

Let me give my 2 cents although I'm not Leo. Maybe he can add on or correct my perspective when he gets the chance to read this thread.

What you are seeing is a reasonably realized individual who also happens to possess above average intelligence (I'm specifically referring to the conventional logical intelligence that IQ measures). So we have two factors at play:

Intelligence itself is mostly due to genetic inheritance. Intelligence gives you above average intuition and brain processing power. Life shapes an intelligent individual in a way that can go sideways very easily, but if you're lucky, you will always be a child at heart, in the sense of being naturally curious and prone to question fundamental assumptions that most other people will just dogmatically accept. By applying this kind of curiosity and intuition to the highest pursuit of philosophy, instead of just focusing on what he'd call "minutiae" (which is in no way a derogatory term, otherwise Steve Jobs was a loser), when you happen to stumble into an experience of profound depth, you will be able to grasp even a glimpse of its significance instead of responding with fear and rejection, then formalize it into a higher framework, which, through the process of deduction...

...will allow you to become a realized individual and act in accordance to your principles. Not being constantly at war with yourself due to cognitive dissonances and always being on the lookout for their emergence. In other words, someone who has reached a "meta" level of understanding. Possessing such a higher, trans-rational framework makes worldly things seem childish and yet strangely coherent. While there's always more to discover and understand, engaging in discussions about topics like politics will seem akin to mediating a dispute between two children fighting over a toy.

Lastly, becoming more cultured will help you expand and refine this framework even more.

He spent more time in the books and less time "banging" hot chicks.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

Probably genetics (ie high IQ) combined with putting in a lot of effort to learn (ie reading books, lectures, life experience, introspection). That's my assessment of the situation, the combination of natural intellect and conscientious action is one of the most powerful for attaining achievements in the material world.

8 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

He spent more time in the books and less time "banging" hot chicks.

Didn't he go very deep into pickup 

Edited by Pav

13 hours ago, Pav said:

Probably genetics (ie high IQ) combined with putting in a lot of effort to learn (ie reading books, lectures, life experience, introspection). That's my assessment of the situation, the combination of natural intellect and conscientious action is one of the most powerful for attaining achievements in the material world.

Didn't he go very deep into pickup 

Even though my comment was more about messing with OP 'cause he likes to talk about "banging" girls so much - not the terminology I would use - but anyway, I'm sure Leo didn't spend his whole time doing pick-up. He was smart enough to divide his time to make it both work, pick-up and study. Plus, it's obvious he's a natural born and gifted in certain areas, just not in dating advice. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

It's everything mentioned in this thread. Also consider this....he can't turn it off, nor would he want too.

https://www.actualized.org/insights/ego-collapse-awakening

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

probably because his parents are russian and thought education is very important 

On 22.10.2023 at 6:46 PM, kylan11 said:

Intelligence itself is mostly due to genetic inheritance.

Yet virtually all the super-geniuses of history received aristocratic tutoring.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Intelligence is synonymous with consciousness. 

When you can see the big picture of everything, its much easier to then piece together and develop the nuance.

Leo studied the fundamental blueprint, that's why he can be so efficient in a vast array of areas. 

Construct awareness will help you in every path in life, not just pure awakening.

Notice the intelligence it take to notice intelligence. ;)

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop