Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,522 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DawnC said:

This is a very extreme minority that is not supported even by most settlers. There is actually a significant department in the Israeli Shin Bet specifically for that. It is very widely criticized and discussed in Israel. Anyway, I do think they should do more, and I believe that the far-right parties, especially Ben Gvir, are very problematic in that regard.

Issue is that the people in power tend to be like that and they are the ones that take decisions.

If the 10% radicals are in power and make decisions in the military it has a huge impact, even if the other 90% are reasonable people and not radicals.

Also most Germans were not hardcore radicals, but the 5% of the population that was were in key military and governmental positions and they did what they did.

Issue with Israel is that the radicals have the power of life and death over Palestinians.

I think many Israelis are reasonable people but their current government, especially the PM need to go.

Edited by Karmadhi

15 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

Everyone knows Bibi is the new messiah. 

god help us. 😳

If only Bibi could become habibi

5 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Jews lived in this land for thousands of years, have been explled twice. Their connection to this land is mentioned in the Bible, the Koran and the Thora.

There is bunch of archeology in Israel which is related to Jews. Saying they have little to no tie is delusional.

It's not like there are 20 Jews lands, there is only one while Muslims have dozens. Expecting Jews to give up on their one land for Muslims who have bunch of it is really fucked up. 

But wouldn't it make more sense that the Jews should live in Palestine under Palestinian authorities and guidance?

5 hours ago, Lila9 said:

The civilians war in Syria hasn't been over yet.

The abuse of 26,000,000 civilians in North Korea and violation of human rights is still happening.

The communist China has been killing and stealing organs from millions of Chinese people ONLY because they practice Falun Gong. They are still doing this.

Where are all the protesters?

The same could be said about any outrage

Why was there BLM when some Mexican gets racist remarks thrown at him? 

You are trying to imply the only reason the world cares is because of anti semitism 

5 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

So the media decides about what you will get outraged and protest? 

To be fair Israel has much more control of the media. Not poor and weak Palestinians who don't even have control of their own water and food supply 

The Israeli propaganda machine is unmatched:

“I’m not saying that the life in Gaza is great,” Israeli Ambassador Gilad Erdan said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “And, obviously, Hamas is the only one that should be held accountable for any situation in Gaza.  But there is a standard, due to international humanitarian law. What does it mean, a humanitarian crisis? And I’m saying, again, there is no humanitarian crisis, based on the international humanitarian law right now in Gaza.”

Denial of reality, denial that the world is waking up en mass.

I write this from the gym in London, where even on BBC they are showing incubator babies dead from the electrical cuts to the hospital. Yesterday marked one of the largest protests in UK history with almost 1 million people.

Unlike the incubator hoax story that led to US getting involved in the gulf wars this is evidently in our faces. I don’t see how Israel can recover from this tarnished reputation.

“The witness who testified before the U.S. Congress was later identified as the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. The information provided was part of a larger effort by the Kuwaiti government to garner international support against Iraqi aggression.“

Edited by zazen

Deny everything. Even if caught in the act and with hard proof. It’s a standard practice lawyers use. 

8 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

Because there isn't enough media coverage. I don't even see these things in my feed.

Also if so many people are dying in North Korea, it should have been dead by now. 

Statistically it doesn't make sense that people are suffering for decades and it hasn't yet turned into a Hiroshima Nagasaki style desert after the bombs. 

Humans can barely survive. It's very easy to kill a human being. Without food and constant violence, a human being will die quickly. 

So by now all those people should have already been dead and disappeared. Safe to say there should be nothing left to report about or cover? No? 

Just think. You have a million people in a city. All are suffering and dying slowly. Won't the population come to a halt at a certain point? Either total zero or barely left like 100 people. 

When all is wiped out, what's left to report about? How will outrage exist? On what? 

People don't think too much about dead people after a long time passed. 

What's happening in Gaza is fresh ongoing violence.

10 months later if all have died, nobody will talk about it. 

So you swallow everything you see on the media without making your own research? Like a robot?

And no, people are still suffering in North Korea, the fact that you don't hear about it everyday doesn't mean that their suffer disappeared. 

8 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Yea but if the israelites are religious then they can only come back with a messiah

and if they aren‘t religious then their claims on the lands from thousands of years ago become murky

or not?

They have proof as seculars that their ancestors lived in Israel (archaeological, historical, DNA)  for them it's a good enough reason to return back to it.

The notion of Messiah can be arguable, each sector in Judaism believes in a different form of it.

People can claim that the Messiah of the secular Zionists was Thodor Herzl sent by God to inspire Jews returning to Israel happen.

8 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

This is like saying that there are too many Muslims in the world so if a few just die, it's not a big deal. But if one jew dies, it should be cause for concern because there are very few left. 

I don't know but I'm laughing as it sounds similar. I don't know. But there are racist undertones to what you said. 

Do you have a problem that there are many Muslim countries in the world. 

Are you anti-muslim because I'm smelling that from your comments? 

I'm not anti-jew or anti-semitic. I condemn what Hamas did and I simply don't want violence in Gaza, irrespective of religion. 

You seem to be intensely interested in making it to be a Jew versus Muslim issue. 

I'm smelling racism here. Sorry but calling your inner hidden elitist racism out for what it is. 

Now I am racist for saying that there is only one Jewish country vs many Muslims countries?

I don't understand how from this you understand that I want to kill Muslims?

Your fantasies and projections are stronger than yourself dude.

8 hours ago, zazen said:

Of course they have ties. I should have clarified that a lot of secular Jews base their Jewish identity on ethnicity and culture and have civic ties to the places they now live in more than they have nationalistic religious tie to Israel.

Even if they do have an affiliation to Israel, that doesn’t mean you can elevate Jewish historical ties and claim the land but deny the Palestinians historic and present day ties to the land. It needs to be a shared heritage and land for all the people not just the Jews.

The argument that Jews have only one homeland while Muslims have multiple lands oversimplifies the diversity within these groups. Muslims, like Jews, have distinct cultural, historical, and national identities. We can’t move Spanish people all to Italy just because they share European values and have Catholic ties for example - they have distinct identities based off their culture and land.

There were attempts to set two states but it hasn't been successful. It doesn't work then one will have to give up. 

4 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

But wouldn't it make more sense that the Jews should live in Palestine under Palestinian authorities and guidance?

Under Hamas lol? 

There was a scared little girl with a scared little family hiding in an attic when her people were being killed. Palestinians don't hide from even the largest empires the world has ever seen 

Just now, Lila9 said:

Under Hamas lol? 

Whats the difference between Hamas and Zionists? Besides Hamas actually having a reason for doing the things that they do

Just now, Twentyfirst said:

Whats the difference between Hamas and Zionists? Besides Hamas actually having a reason for doing the things that they do

If you don't understand the difference I don't know how I can help you.